Boogie traded to Giants

Rc2catch

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Your link is total yardage though not %. 

Mahomes was 77.1% of the Chiefs total yards.

Allen was 76.8% of the Bills total yards. 

IMO if you replace Mahomes/Allen with a league average QB the Bills offense would suffer a lot more. I could see the Chiefs offense being around 10th best while Bills would be bottom 10. 

Correct

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Interesting to see they view Boogie as an...OLB?

I feel like he's a tweener type, OLB/end in a 3-4 scheme.

He's going to be asked to go straight ahead, IMO...he just doesn't have the lateral agilty/quickness to be a dropping in coverage. 

But he might turn out OK, in that role.  Goof luck to him, pretty sure Shoen was very high on him (recalling post draft interviews/limited videos of draftroom excitement)

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

IMO if you replace Mahomes/Allen with a league average QB the Bills offense would suffer a lot more. I could see the Chiefs offense being around 10th best while Bills would be bottom 10. 

I'm sorry, I don't believe the Chiefs offense would be in the top 10 without Mahomes.  

The Bills wouldn't be bottom 10.  They were ranked #22 with Tyrod Taylor at QB and Rick Dennison as OC and very little offensive talent.  This team isn't worst than 2017.

• Like (+1) 2

Outside of the Beane stuff I think that Basham was a versatile player who started to come into his own as the season progressed last year. I think I would have rolled the dice on Basham than AJE. He definitely was not living up to his draft status, but he seemed to start contributing. 

I wish him the best, but if the Giants get good production out of him and Hodgins I will be salty. So to that extent, a small part of me hopes he doesn't work out for them. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm sorry, I don't believe the Chiefs offense would be in the top 10 without Mahomes.  

The Bills wouldn't be bottom 10.  They were ranked #22 with Tyrod Taylor at QB and Rick Dennison as OC and very little offensive talent.  This team isn't worst than 2017.

The Chiefs have the coaching capable of bolstering their Offense and scheming them into over-performing.

Not so much with the Bills. Not sure about bottom 10, but I'd say definitely bottom half.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Outside of the Beane stuff I think that Basham was a versatile player who started to come into his own as the season progressed last year. I think I would have rolled the dice on Basham than AJE. 

I wish him the best, but if the Giants get good production out of him and Hodgins I will be salty. So to that extent, a small part of me hopes he doesn't work out for them. 

Basham was too small to be a DT and too slow to be a pass rusher. It was just a good ole fashioned bad pick. Kinda like Elam.

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

My guess is 6th, hoping for 5th. And I guess he could be worth 5th given his abilities/contract, so not that unrealistic.

I'd hope for a 5th for Boogie and a 7th since between him and AJE, a) Boogie played better in preseason, and b) he has an additional year of team control.

Edited by Ralonzo

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What? 

Aren’t you getting at if we didn’t have Allen, we would be 0-17?

If we didn’t have Josh Allen, we would most likely have another quarterback like Carr. We wouldn’t be starting Kyle Allen. We would be about 9-8.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The argument was that the Bills would be a bottom-10 offense with an "average NFL QB."

Who disagrees? The offense is Diggs...hopefully this Kincaid/Knox thing works out...and not much else. WRs and RBs are the definition of average paired with a shakey OL.

• Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

There is one HR a GM can hit..one.   And thats drafting a franchise QB.  He hit the HR already. 

This is really the simple reality of drafting. Unless you have the difference maker at the most important position in sports, it’s gonna be a struggle. There are HOFers who’ve never sniffed a ring because they languished on teams without a QB to get them there. 

Drafting JA is one thing, but I give Beane more credit for maneuvering from pick 22 to pick 7 in order to get him, especially because he didn’t give up any future first round picks to do so. That took some doing.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

This has been proven when either has been on the sidelines with injuries. I guess one could argue who the QB2 was, but I think it speaks more to the rest of the offense on the field.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Chiefs have the coaching capable of bolstering their Offense and scheming them into over-performing.

Not so much with the Bills. Not sure about bottom 10, but I'd say definitely bottom half.

They wouldn't be as good for sure.  They're top 3 with Allen.  They're 16-22 without him with an average QB.  They're 12-15 with an above average QB.

As good as I think Reid is, it took a supreme talent in Mahomes before he won.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.