Boogie traded to Giants

Rc2catch

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Sheesh, that's gotta sting. 

A couple years ago, guy was drafted in the 2nd round 61 overall.

Today he just got traded for a 2025 6th round pick (not even a 2024 pick!) and the Bills had to give change in the form of a 2025 7th rounder.

Personally I think Beane got fleeced a bit, but likely the rest of the league was aware that it was a bit of a "fire sale" since someone had to be cut.

its the least amount of compensation possible. Better than an outright cut though. 

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

that’s exactly what we’re saying.

The Bills two best defensive acquisitions to date, draft or free agency, that are still on the team are Poyer and Hyde. both were brought in as free agents before Beane was GM.

our defense still relies heavily on them, and now we just have to hope that they can stay healthy as they age.

His D-line picks have not planned out at all. 

LMFAO.. you are saying there wasn't talent on the team to win the play off games...

you are a special kind my friend. 

We won 13 games 2 years in a row. Other teams are also playing to get in to the Superbowl. We haven't been worse than the 4th best team in football in 3 years. You're also the guy that complained we didn't have talent during the draught years. You're also probably the same guy that would piss and moan if the Bills missed on a pick and didn't get anything in return for it. No GM hits everything, Beane has to get better at certain things but you have to be rational and understand that he missed and he got something instead of cutting him. You sound like a dude that sits in the corner at a party and makes fun of people having fun. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I find it hard to believe there wasn’t another player on this team ranked behind Boogs. Bad news on a 2nd. Worse news getting 7th

I think NYG got the 7th and we get their 5th in return

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Bills Twitter says 6th for Boogie and a 7th, no?

I really don't know for sure; I was going off what I had read earlier 

I probably should have just kept my pie hole shut. :blush:

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

How would we have done that if we'd cut him to put him on the practice squad they'd have claimed him off of waivers. The only way this is a favor is that they didn't have to worry about someone ahead of them making a claim but they still had to give us a pick.

Well you just answered your own question. If the Giants wanted to make sure no one else was able to claim him, the price should have been higher than switching late round picks two years from now.

Another possibility is cutting a vested veteran and keeping Basham on the active roster then re-signing the veteran later and moving Basham to the practice squad. If somebody wanted to claim him after that, they'd have to put him on their active roster which might deter some suitors.

Maybe we’ll get a sixth for Elam next year. I actually think Beane has been a great GM but I don’t like much about our approach to drafting defensive players. We’ve made too many redundant picks, along with guys who seem incompatible with our scheme, and coaches can’t figure out how to use them. Wasted draft picks on defense might be the greatest hurdle to this generation of Bills being champs. Picks like Elam and Basham would have been better used on offensive linemen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

Well you just answered your own question. If the Giants wanted to make sure no one else was able to claim him, the price should have been higher than switching late round picks two years from now.

Another possibility is cutting a vested veteran and keeping Basham on the active roster then re-signing the veteran later and moving Basham to the practice squad. If somebody wanted to claim him after that, they'd have to put him on their active roster which might deter some suitors.

You have to put anyone you claim off of waivers on your active roster it doesn't matter when you do it.

5 hours ago, LEBills said:

Yea, basically Boogie was going to be cut. He would have been claimed by some team. Doing the late round pick swap is basically just a way to route Boogie to the preferred destination.  

Yeah, but teams usually have to pay for that kind of deal. I find it hard to believe no other team was interested in him for more than a late round pick swap in 2025.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You have to put anyone you claim off of waivers on your active roster it doesn't matter when you do it.

Ah my mistake. I thought that was only a requirement during the season. Well, that only reinforces my argument I guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.