The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

There was a weekly “this guy isn’t that bad I swear” report on Edmunds for the last couple years.

After watching him whiff yesterday, I’m not sure if he got benched or what, but I’d love to hear some breakdown of the former “ProBowler” and his level of play in a Bears uni. 

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

There was a weekly “this guy isn’t that bad I swear” report on Edmunds for the last couple years.

After watching him whiff yesterday, I’m not sure if he got benched or what, but I’d love to hear some breakdown of the former “ProBowler” and his level of play in a Bears uni. 

Dude just whiffs sometimes he is what he is

The announcers on tv were funny, making excuse like Edmunds needs to learn bears defense still... in my head i was thinking the bears fans better get used to those whiffs 🤣

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He missed a couple weeks of practice and only got a couple days in this week.

• Haha (+1) 1

Some of you guys are really obsessed with trying to trash a player. I thought it was really weird to do for a player on the team you root for. But even after he’s gone, and after the replacement has been a huge concern for a lot we still need to trash the guy? You’d think he was an off field distraction, or bashed the city and fans, maybe didn’t put any effort in.. Nope, just didn’t meet certain people’s expectations and got signed to a hefty contract on a rebuilding team. Certainly deserving the hatred and critique 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Some of you guys are really obsessed with trying to trash a player. I thought it was really weird to do for a player on the team you root for. But even after he’s gone, and after the replacement has been a huge concern for a lot we still need to trash the guy? You’d think he was an off field distraction, or bashed the city and fans, maybe didn’t put any effort in.. Nope, just didn’t meet certain people’s expectations and got signed to a hefty contract on a rebuilding team. Certainly deserving the hatred and critique 

Some of it is probably backlash to the completely obnoxious “told you so” crowd that wants to say “do ya miss Edmunds now?” as if those of us who didn’t want to pay him thought we should come into the season Dodson/Klein/Bernard battling for starting MLB. 

Most of the “don’t pay Edmunds” crowd is also the “why did we draft outside linebackers on Day 2 in consecutive years” crowd. 

Hopefully one of Bernard/Williams eventually owns the spot and we can all move on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Rc2catch said:

They will leave Edmunds alone once the new target is identified.  We are in primary season but the general election is forthcoming.   Candidates include:

Elam…..leader in the clubhouse

Davis

Harty….because people will whine that the unemployed ham and egger Isabella would have been awesome

White…..for reasons I do not begin to understand

Brown but that’s probably too easy

Dawkins

McDermott

Beane

and more.

The hate will eventually settle in and focus like a laser.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They will leave Edmunds alone once the new target is identified.  We are in primary season but the general election is forthcoming.   Candidates include:

Davis

Harty….because people will whine that the unemployed ham and egger Isabella would have been awesome

Dawkins

McDermott

Beane

and more.

I’m a little out of touch. I thought Diggs was leading because he’s toxic, he had temper tantrums in Minnesota, and he hates Allen and Mcdermott. 
With Elam and Dawkins closely behind. 

It was strange to head the announcers sing his praises so hard.  I nearly spit my drink out when they said how aggressive he is to the ball.  

Then Edmunds proceeded to do his best work, 5th man to the tackle for consecutive plays. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Davis

Dawkins

McDermott

Beane

and more.

It’s crazy that people on a Bills board bash disappointing Bills players. It’s almost like they want to win?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s crazy that people on a Bills board bash disappointing Bills players. It’s almost like they want to win?

Disappointing their way to 12+ win season after 12+ win season.  A guy who has yet to start his second season if “evidence” for the ”I’d be a better GM that Beane” crowd.  It’s a complete joke, but by all means keep believing you’re a savant while finishing seventh again in your fantasy football league because you draft guys like Andy Isabella.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.