Bills @ Bears Game Day Thread?!?!?!?

EmotionallyUnstable

Preseason games are for getting your starters in sync and evaluations of bubble players.  I think today's game did just that, so it was a win.

Beane has to do something at MLB.  Kyle Allen may have to start the season as QB2 but Beane needs (at a minimum) to bring a better

prospect at QB for the PS with hope he moves Kyle of the 53.  At most get a qualified QB2 on the team before the 1st game.

Look to upgrade (if possible) the OT situation.  Depth at WR/TE/RB all look ok for the other offensive positions.

The rest of the D (other than MLB) looks good enough for me.

Let's get this done and start the season!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

True but that is a rotational position. The whole point of the Bills staying in nickel the whole time is they can play run or pass with two do it all backers. If their LB packages show their hand it negates one of the strengths of the scheme.

Fair point but the statistics on defense say that he played on 98% of Atlanta’s defensive snaps last year with well over a third of them being in a passing (presumably nickel) personnel. It isn’t looking pretty with anything we have on the roster. A cast off isn’t going to be worse and for a defense that lines up in a pass defensive unit more often than not, the biggest changes are for those at the front for gap control and technique. I’d rather they exhaust all options. He produced in Atlanta last year and did collegiately. We’ve seen it in the past where we’ve struggled to get off the field or make stops at crucial times in crucial games with this core staff and roster… with the way the LB play is looking, that might be rearing it’s head again. 

I am not, like most fans I’m sure, asking not expecting an All-Pro LB to be slotted into the need we have but there has to be an upgrade out there these coming weeks who is available for the team. 

Edited by BBFL

29 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Is it too soon for the Bears to take the GSH off their uniforms?  George Hallas has been dead for 40 years.

A common misconception.  The year after Hallas' death, those were meant to signify his initials.  Ever since then, it has been related to the Bears' performance on field:

'Golly!  Sure Hurts!'

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Preseason games are for getting your starters in sync and evaluations of bubble players.  I think today's game did just that, so it was a win.

Beane has to do something at MLB.  Kyle Allen may have to start the season as QB2 but Beane needs (at a minimum) to bring a better

prospect at QB for the PS with hope he moves Kyle of the 53.  At most get a qualified QB2 on the team before the 1st game.

Look to upgrade (if possible) the OT situation.  Depth at WR/TE/RB all look ok for the other offensive positions.

The rest of the D (other than MLB) looks good enough for me.

Let's get this done and start the season!

Go Bills!

Kyle Allen might be one of the worst Bills backups I've seen in 20 years.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

To be truthful I thought he was a good signing for the backup position.  I was wrong.  Barkley isn't any better, so they need another lotto ticket.

As for the "worse" I won't go down that road.  There wasn't even a decent starter through most of that time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

He's a vet backup/situational back at this stage. I think he can adequately fill that role for this season and bring knowledge and experience for the young ones.

I like the fact that he has fumbled 3 times in his last 1000 carries and lost none of them. Not a single lost fumble in the last 7 seasons

I just think we have 4 or 5 guys better than him. It’s not a game for slow guys. At this stage, I want young legs at all the skill positions. I don’t expect him to make the team

46 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This sounds like a fun game.  I don't like Kyle Allen either but let's plumb those depths. Bills QBs since 2003 not named Josh Allen. Not listed in any particular order. Rank em. If I missed anybody my apologies.

Kyle Allen

Jeff Tuel

Nathan Peterman

Brian Brohm

Derek Anderson

Joe Webb

Thad Lewis

Travis Brown

Levi Brown

Tyler Thigpen

Cardale Jones

JP Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Trent Edwards

Ryan Fitzpatrick

EJ Manuel

Shane Matthews

Drew Bledsoe

Alex Van Pelt

Davis Webb

Case Keenum

Matt Barkley

edit: Tyrod Taylor

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Angry 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.