Do you think Josh cuts the INT's in half this year or is another year with double digit INT's

Toyo321

The turnovers don’t bother me a ton, there’s certainly been some head scratching ones. Allen was big play hunting a lot last year and ignoring the 4-7 yard range where he’d have guys wide open for shorter gains. 
I think the lack of any run game factors into this. I hope they learned it can’t be Allen 100% of the time having to make a play. A halfway decent run game will take a lot off his shoulders. 
I dislike hearing the constant O line stuff. I’m a firm believer that the O line needs more rush attempts to get and stay into a rhythm while simultaneously having an impact on the D line getting worn down. Add in the amount of times they use play action when nobody is worried about the hand off. 
There’s a comment above they didn’t get Allen enough help, I would respectfully disagree. If they balance the offense I think he has plenty of help on the line and weapons to put up MVP like stats, even if they focus on the run game more. 

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Three INTs and three fumbles in two playoff games does, though.

this would actually make more sense if the bills actually lost to the Dolphins though.

By far his worst turnover game thus far in his playoff career and the bills offense still scored a ton of points and put up a ton of yards. Oh, and they won.

The next week they lose to the Bengals. Think Josh had two total turnovers in that game. But did the Bills lose because Allen had two turnovers or because he was only able to lead the Bills to one TD drive instead of 4 like the previous week?

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

I think he can do this if he is smarter with the ball in the red-zone,  last year he made some really bad throws that were picked off and should have been check down throws instead.

This also goes back to what Dorsey does this year to help with this problem by utilizing the backs and TE's more

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcJTPRjTldo

Double digit INTs is the normal for pretty much all QBs. Even the best QBs throw 13-15 INTs a season. So no, I don't think he cuts it in half

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is the correct answer

TD is worth 6 points

INT is not

Eh, depends on the int. If it’s like 3rd and long in your 30 and Allen throws a bomb that get picked, I agree. 

but turnovers in plus territory and the red zone are certainly worth points. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, depends on the int. If it’s like 3rd and long in your 30 and Allen throws a bomb that get picked, I agree. 

it also depends on the general productivity, or lack there of of the offense for that particular game.

last year’s two playoff games is the perfect example of this.

Turnovers were not a determining factor in winning or losing either game, other than they prevented the bills from blowing out the dolphins.

when the bills were not turning the ball over against the dolphins, they were scoring. Typically touchdowns. The offense was was having it’s way in that game.

it was the opposite against the Bengals. The bills offense could’ve had zero turnovers in that game and it’s very unlikely it would’ve made a difference on the scoreboard for the Bills. They just couldn’t move the ball. 

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

So if you’re going to include all the INTs that weren’t Josh’s fault, you should include all the dropped INTs by the opposition.  Josh accepts more risk than most QBs, and for the most part, I’m okay with this.  

I don’t have a video of the dropped INTs or a perfect memory, otherwise I would. Also I would say about half of the picks were unambiguously Allen’s fault. The rest were circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Joe burrow is not a consensus top 2 QB

Look at his playoff numbers lol Josh Allens numbers dwarf his ... With a less cast of skill guys

Sometimes you have to look beyond the numbers and what actually matters. And when I look at Burrow I see a guy that's 4-2 lifetime in the playoffs (2 appearances) including 3-1 on the road in the AFC playoffs. One SB appearance, back to back AFCCG. This isn't by accident. JA17 in comparison is 4-4 (4 appearances) including 0-3 on the road.

It's not taking away anything from JA17, I've moved past doubting him and he's definitely a top 5 - 10 NFL QB at worst but I just don't see how you can put him in the same conversation with Mahomes/Burrow until he at least gets to a SB, wins a road playoff game, etc. Obviously the current HC is a major reason why this hasn't happened yet and why the SB will remain elusive as long as he's here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Sometimes you have to look beyond the numbers and what actually matters. And when I look at Burrow I see a guy that's 4-2 lifetime in the playoffs (2 appearances) including 3-1 on the road in the AFC playoffs. One SB appearance, back to back AFCCG. This isn't by accident. JA17 in comparison is 4-4 (4 appearances) including 0-3 on the road.

It's not taking away anything from JA17, I've moved past doubting him and he's definitely a top 5 - 10 NFL QB at worst but I just don't see how you can put him in the same conversation with Mahomes/Burrow until he at least gets to a SB, wins a road playoff game, etc. Obviously the current HC is a major reason why this hasn't happened yet and why the SB will remain elusive as long as he's here.

Go look at how many ppg their respective defenses allow in the playoffs

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Burrow - 9 TDs and 4 INT in 7 playoff games.

Allen - 17 TD and 4 INT in 8 playoff games.

It’s a team sport, and our defense has shown up less than the Bengals defense.

Obviously the entire team didn’t show up this past divisional round, but you need to look at the body of work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

a punt is a turnover in the same way.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Obviously the entire team didn’t show up this past divisional round, but you need to look at the body of work.

No you must not remember when Joe Burrow shut down Mahomes in the AFC Championship game and had the interception in OT. Also when Joe Burrow ran back a fumble for 98 yards when they were about to lose to a third string QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, what I have grown to love about Allen is what made me so nervous about him in the first place. Dude is a gunslinger. He is going to have a few of those what the hell was that (or mash all the button plays) where you have no idea what he was thinking (see the Houston playoff game).  But he makes up for it with all the amazing other plays he makes. So you just have to accept they will happen and trying to get him to fully change that might take away with what makes him great. 

I’m not as worried but the ints because as you said, they happen. I think people are forgetting about the fumbles with has become an issue. 

im fine with the occasional crazy int. But he seem to struggle with ball security which also single-handedly cause us the Vikings game. 

Right.

I'd love to understand WHEN do his turnovers occur.  Are they in game sealing/game changing moments, or are we talking about a deep ball on a 3rd and 15 with 1 minute left in the half that is relatively inconsequential.  Maybe if I have the time this week I can dive into his turnovers over the past 3 years to better understand.

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I get it but none of the football pundits and talking heads see it that way either.

But again, the main reason JA17 has been held back in the playoffs is terrible coaching and horrendous defensive scheme that unlike KC and CIN looks great in the regular season but horrendous in the playoffs. With those two teams it's been the opposite in terms of how their defense performs.

Should this team get back to the playoffs this year and anything close to '13 seconds' or AFFCG in KC/Bengals game last year happens you fire McD on the spot if you truly care about having a franchise QB on your team.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

If the OL improves and gives Josh time to throw the ball as well as an improved run game, then that should help limit the turnovers. 

As well, if Josh takes the short pass as it presents itself, that will help quite a bit, ask Tom Brady if you don’t want to believe me…,  

56 minutes ago, CSBill said:

His fumbles worry me more. He can be scary and careless with the ball when he’s moving.

But, yes, given a choice, we all would prefer he has less turnovers, fumbles or interceptions. 

Quick look he's fumbled in 52 of his 77 reg season games....thats wildly BAD.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Quick look he's fumbled in 52 of his 77 reg season games....thats wildly BAD.

Quick look, he's also rushed for 3087 yards, with a 5.7 aver, for 228 1st downs and 38 TD's in 77 reg season games - that's wildly great!

Oh and he only lost 28 fumbles.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.