Do you think Josh cuts the INT's in half this year or is another year with double digit INT's

Toyo321

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Quick look, he's also rushed for 3087 yards, with a 5.7 aver, for 228 1st downs and 38 TD's in 77 reg season games - that's wildly great!

Oh and he only lost 28 fumbles.

He's an amazing talent there's no doubting that of course. That doesnt mean he should be void of criticism for turnovers. He had 22 combined last year between interceptions and fumbles. 

• Agree 1

Not all turnovers are created equal. Ints are not always the QBs fault.  There could be miscommunication,  wrong route, tipped ball and bouncing off the receiver's hands. Fumbles more times than not are on the ball carrier. Careless grip, fighting for extra yards, holding the ball too long and running when not necessary. 

I'd rather see him more careful when handling the football as opposed to throwing it. Ints are always gonna be there, especially when you're elite and take chances others won't. 

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

He simply needs to be more careful with the ball.  Not only did he lead the league in turnovers (19) last year while only playing 16 games, but take a look at his postseason record.  He has 12 turnovers in 8 career postseason games which would equate to 25.5 over a 17 game schedule.

Hold on a second there friend. My calculations show that 25.5 is larger than 19. I certainly don't like the looks of that

44 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Burrow - 9 TDs and 4 INT in 7 playoff games.

Allen - 17 TD and 4 INT in 8 playoff games.

It’s a team sport, and our defense has shown up less than the Bengals defense.

Obviously the entire team didn’t show up this past divisional round, but you need to look at the body of work.

Josh Allen: 2 rushing TDs, 8 fumbles in 8 playoff games

Joe Burrow: 2 rushing TDs, 0 fumbles in 7 playoff games

8 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I can tolerate some of the INTs. For better or worse, it's part of Allen's game. But the fumbles kill me. He's so careless with the ball.

He is a huge guy with big hands you would think he could hold on to the damn pigskin better.   :doh:

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Incorrect

Feel free to elaborate. 

Josh ran for TDs against the Texans and Bengals.  He fumbled twice against the Texans, one each against the Colts, Ravens, and Chiefs, and three times against the Dolphins.

Burrow ran for a TD against the Ravens and has not fumbled.

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

Feel free to elaborate. 

Josh ran for TDs against the Texans and Bengals.  He fumbled twice against the Texans, one each against the Colts, Ravens, and Chiefs, and three times against the Dolphins.

wasn’t it a receiving touchdown against the Texans? And I could’ve sworn he ran for a touchdown against the Colts. I’m just going off of memory though.

also, off of memory, the only fumble I can think of that really hurt the bills was the one that Miami took back for a touchdown. But in the end no harm because the bills still won because of how good Josh Allen in the offense was that day.

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

Feel free to elaborate. 

Even a troll like you should be able to realize two does not equal one

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

I think he can do this if he is smarter with the ball in the red-zone,  last year he made some really bad throws that were picked off and should have been check down throws instead.

This also goes back to what Dorsey does this year to help with this problem by utilizing the backs and TE's more

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcJTPRjTldo

Don't know or don't care because he's going to throw for 40+ and rush for about 10 more.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Sometimes you have to look beyond the numbers and what actually matters. And when I look at Burrow I see a guy that's 4-2 lifetime in the playoffs (2 appearances) including 3-1 on the road in the AFC playoffs. One SB appearance, back to back AFCCG. This isn't by accident. JA17 in comparison is 4-4 (4 appearances) including 0-3 on the road.

It's not taking away anything from JA17, I've moved past doubting him and he's definitely a top 5 - 10 NFL QB at worst but I just don't see how you can put him in the same conversation with Mahomes/Burrow until he at least gets to a SB, wins a road playoff game, etc. Obviously the current HC is a major reason why this hasn't happened yet and why the SB will remain elusive as long as he's here.

Last Time I checked football is the ultimate team game?

Burrow was not the reason the Bengals went to the super bowl...sure , a part.. but not the reason

I wager Josh Allen wins the super bowl if he was on that Bengals team

Joe burrow hasn't won anything yet either.. going to the super bowl means squat

Is Nick foles a better quarterback than Josh Allen because he's a super bowl winner? No

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Even a troll like you should be able to realize two does not equal one

You got me.  I mistakenly typed 2 rushing TDs for Burrow.  That completely invalidates the fact that Allen has 8 fumbles in 8 playoff games compared to zero for Burrow in 7 games.  Feel better?

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

You got me.  I mistakenly typed 2 rushing TDs for Burrow.  That completely invalidates the fact that Allen has 8 fumbles in 8 playoff games compared to zero for Burrow in 7 games.  Feel better?

we are all shaking in our boots over the fumbles by Allen that have cost the Bills a Super Bowl.

Can you remind us which of those 8 fumbles those were again?

16 minutes ago, Billl said:

I'm honestly surprised they continue letting you post here, you are a net negative contributor 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm honestly surprised they continue letting you post here, you are a net negative contributor 

Because I have the temerity to discuss Josh's ball security issues in a threat about Josh's ball security?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.