Do you think Josh cuts the INT's in half this year or is another year with double digit INT's

Toyo321

2 hours ago, Billl said:

That’s true, but isn’t the same true of Allen?

Buffalo has ranked 2nd, 1st, 16th, and 2nd the past 4 seasons in points allowed.  

New England ranked 7th, 2nd, 14th, and 13th Brady’s first 4 seasons.

nah, I wouldn’t say it is true.

It would be if the Bills D didn’t suck in the postseason. They are giving up  over 4 TD’s per game on average in each of the Bills last three close out losses. That’s really bad. 

Brady’s first Super Bowl run the D didn’t give up more than 17 in any of the three playoff games. 

second Super Bowl run the D didn’t give up more than 14 in the divisional and conference championship game to make it to the Super Bowl where they finally gave up 29 to the Panthers in the Super Bowl. 

next season and third Super Bowl title they give up 3, 27 and 21. The 27 was to the Steelers and the final Steeler TD was in garbage time down 21 points with 52 seconds left.

just not even close to the same postseason defensive performances.

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nothing wrong with being in the top 5 - 10 mix at all and it doesn't preclude JA17 from winning multiple SB's at some point but I can't imagine there are many NFL GM's that would take JA17 over Burrow right now. In fact I'd trade JA17 for either Burrow or Mahomes (probably even a few others) without blinking or thinking twice about it.

Look at you dropping that top 10 crap and trying to get a rise out of Bills fans. Does that mean Allen is one spot ahead or below your boy Tua in your top 10? 

42 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

nah, I wouldn’t say it is true.

It would be if the Bills D didn’t suck in the postseason. They are giving up  over 4 TD’s per game on average in each of the Bills last three close out losses. That’s really bad. 

Brady’s first Super Bowl run the D didn’t give up more than 17 in any of the three playoff games. 

second Super Bowl run the D didn’t give up more than 14 in the divisional and conference championship game to make it to the Super Bowl where they finally gave up 29 to the Panthers in the Super Bowl. 

next season and third Super Bowl title they give up 3, 27 and 21. The 27 was to the Steelers and the final Steeler TD was in garbage time down 21 points with 52 seconds left.

just not even close to the same postseason defensive performances.

Look at you dropping that top 10 crap and trying to get a rise out of Bills fans. Does that mean Allen is one spot ahead or below your boy Tua in your top 10? 

See Allen might be a top10 QB but Tua is firmly in the top 5

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Most posters here know my stance on the Dolphins, and quite frankly they still might have the best roster in the league even after losing a star player like Ramsey for probably the entire season.

With that said I'm still on the fence in terms of picking them to win the division this year because Tua still a big question mark in terms of staying healthy. But if he does they are right up there with the Chiefs and Bengals as the best teams in the league/conference and probably will take the AFCE with little resistance.

Tua was on track for an MVP season last year before the injuries and among the top 5 overall QB's in the league.

He's not going to wow you like Mahomes or JA17 but he's probably the best pure passer surgical type QB in the league and definitely on a trajectory to be the next Drew Brees. Seems like a good kid and wish him the best despite being on a division rival.

This, to me, is an overblown issue.  

I reject the comparisons to Burrow & Mahomes to this point.  Anyone w/ eyes can see that JA is asked to do much more, with much less.  That's not to say Allen is the best of the 3, but we simply don't know yet.  A lot is going to happen over the course of each of their careers.  

I'm interested to see how the narrative changes this year, which I think it will.  Allen will have better protection, and a better receiving corps, and will be healthy heading into the season.  Turnovers will likely go down, but I don't think that matters as much as other factors.  JA will always be the most risk-taking QB of the 3.

• Like (+1) 1

Cutting down turnovers should be his goal and he has stated that publicly.  The key is doing that while still being Superman which is not an easy task.  People blaming the OL should listen to the all 22 review by Joe Marino for a different perspective and how josh contributes to the pressure.  

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The tomatocan Pats defense that year was 4th in yards allowed and 2nd in point allowed.

The Bills were second in points scored and second in points allowed and got their doors blown off by the Bengals. 

Is your point that those Pats in that playoff game were actually REALLY GOOD? 

I don't really care about it that much.  If they're going to ask him to throw 700-750 times a year,  which,  including sacks and scrambles as originating as pass playcalls,  is about what they're asking of him,  and as long as he's converting that into 40+ total touchdowns,  I'm not too worried about a few extra turnovers that might not happen if he were playing more conservative.  It comes with the territory. 

On 8/23/2023 at 10:23 AM, Gregg said:

If the OL improves and gives Josh time to throw the ball as well as an improved run game, then that should help limit the turnovers. 

Plot a curve - time to throw vs INTs.  I bet they are inversely proportional.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.