Isabella shows moves, will he make the roster?

BuffaloBill

23 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Through the years?  Two years?   Well, OK.  

OK, so you went and found two games in which he had his 1st and 4th highest snap counts.  Taking your advice, I reviewed 20 minute highlight video.  

2021:  

On Allen's first designed run Sing blocked for him, Gilliam not on the field.  

Second play, in motion, dropped into the flat, didn't even directly draw a defender.  Inconsequential on that play.  

Third play, Allen run, Gilliam not on the field. 

Fourth play, designed trick play, Allen run for a TD, Gilliam not on the field. 

Fifth play, Gilliam entirely against the grain, whiffing on the block inconsequentially.  

Next relevant play, Moss with about a 10-yard run, Gilliam not on the field. 

Next three plays big pass plays, last one for a TD.  Gilliam not on the field. 

Huge pass play to Diggs deep, Gilliam not on the field.  

Designed screen to Moss for 15, Gilliam not on the field. 

Next play, deep to Knox for a 53 TD, Gilliam not on the field. 

Allen on what appears to be a designed run for 5, Gilliam not on the field.  

Gilliam lined up as TE, blocks, sheds, wide open in the flat, Allen to Knox deep for 41.  

Allen 11-yard pass to Sanders, Gilliam not on the field.  

Allen to Beasley for 5, Gilliam not on the field.  

Allen scrambles for 4 and a 1st, Gilliam not on the field. 

Screen to Moss for 16, Gilliam not on the field.  

Allen to Davis for 16 and another 1st, Gilliam not on the field.  

Designed UTM run by Allen for 12, Gilliam not on the field.  

Tight formation, Allen to Sanders for an 8-yard TD, Gilliam not on the field.  

I suspect that a third of Gilliam's snaps were on our last drive clearly just trying to kill the clock and insurmountably up at that point.  

Either way, on the entire highlight video Gilliam was on the field for only three plays, inconsequential on every single one, as in could have been any JAG that did what he did.  He clearly wasn't getting any particular respect from Reid's D.  

I'm not sure it's worthe reviewing the 2022 game, but maybe I will.  Either way, if he was somehow instrumental it wasn't clear.  Either way, he certainly didn't have much of an impact much less a "big impact" as you stated.  You did say in both games, so I'm not sure there's any sense in my reviewing the other one at this point.  

You've called me out for posting more opinionated stuff than facts, and I've even acquiesced, such as when I was playing a little fast and loose with history going back to 2017-2020 re: our analysis of the LBs.  I'm going to suggest the same here, cordially of course.  On plays where the vast majority of our yards and all scores came from, Gilliam had exactly zero impact much less any "big impact."  

My friendly wager offer was regarding Gilliam not making the 53.  We're on for that.  

My take on Sherfield is clearly linked to if Isabella makes the 53.  If he does, then yes, friendly wager that Sherfield is the one he beats out.  I'm not sure that we have another WR on the team that would take Sherfield's place after Isabella though.  If Isabella is cut, I fully expect Shefield to be on the 53.  

Sherfield will be on the roster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hope Andy makes it…I’m not a fan of the Shorter pick- suspect hands and zero separation…

It seems to me that one of Shorter or Shavers would make it to the PS, if not both, should we choose to cut him.  

They seem quite similar, imo.  Big bodied receivers with some speed.  Shorter bigger, Shavers faster.  Both were big time recruits that never really planned out in college. 

Id love to develop both given Gabe’s contract status and us not exactly having a ton of money next year.. but Isabella is certainly intriguing.. especially if Diggs, Davis and Kincaid are clearing out underneath routes. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If Isabella wins the returner job (not sure he will, he has never been a dynamic returner really) then I think there is a world in which it is Shakir that is in trouble if they like Shorter on coverage teams. I just wonder whether you can afford to hold a #5 wide receiver who doesn't do anything on special teams? We know Sherfield is going to play some teams, so maybe you can and Shorter misses out but it gets dicey for Shakir if someone other than Harty wins that return job....

It certainly will be interesting.

We lost Kumerow, Taiwan Jones and Jaquan Johnson and Dodson or Bernard will not be able to be special teamers if they are the starting MLB. To backfill those teams snap, it will likely be Dorian Williams, Damar, Sherfield some (tho his offensive role may be too great), and then WR6. 

So I think you are right that Isabella is basically competing for the WR5 (non-gunner) spot with Shakir. He would need to be the best PR on the roster to unseat Shakir in that instance. I think it is the PS for Isabella as insurance for any Harty injury assuming he isn’t picked up elsewhere. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I said earlier if Isabella makes the team, it guarantees there’ll be at least one surprise cut. The numbers make it so. However, that cut won’t come at the expense of Sherfield. It’s not my conversation, so sorry for jumping in here, but I’ll take you up on that wager if you’d like, $50 or $100. 

Friendly wager only on this one.  If Isabella makes the team, Sherfield will not.  Also, if I did that it would be a charity wager, to the winner's choice of charity.  

I don't like to wager on things that are subjective.  We have no idea what's going through the coaches' minds, I don't presume to know either.  I'm simply looking at historical performance, or in this case, lack thereof, and connecting the dots.  

And no problem to jumping in, I appreciate your adding that context, otherwise, as you imply, things get complicated and unmanageable. in a thread very quickly.  

Isabella may not even make the team, and it's moot.  

47 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It was already mentioned but he gives you high level ST play and blocking TE depth. You'd have to carry multiple players that would waste roster spots and cost more overall than one of him.

3 Combined, 2 solo tackles on STs, 8 total, 5 solo in three seasons, is a "high level ST play" now?  

Either my standars are way too high or I'm missing something.  

We don't need TE blocking depth, and I even disagree there.  Gunner pointed out as one of Gilliams stronger games the two regular season KC games, I just proved that he contributed nothing significant in the 2021 KC game on plays where we scored or otherwise responsible for the vast majority of our yards.  

We'll see, no sense in arguring this anymore.  It'll be what it'll be.  We have no control over any of it, it's just discussion.  :) 

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We were talking about Gilliam, not Sherfield.  Stay focused.  

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Likely, yes, I've never suggested otherwise, UNLESS, and if and only if, Isabella gets cut.  

Can we wait and see, or do we already have to decide what the coaches are going to do?  Just checking.  LOL 

12 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We have no idea what's going through the coaches' minds, I don't presume to know either.

We know exactly what's going through the coaches' minds. Sherfield was taken off the field with the primary starters like Davis and Kincaid and much of the starting OL. That tells you how highly they think of him. As of right now he is locked into what the Bills call WR4, the same role Davis had as a rookie. He'll split time in the slot and outside and he'll be asked to block quite frequently.

Isabella will have a completely different role from Sherfield if he makes the team. I have no clue why you think their roster spots are connected in any way.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

IMO they're trying to pump up his value in camp and practice for a trade.

They're pumping up his trade value by taking him off the field after two series in which he got one stupid target? You're on your own with this one, man.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

3 Combined, 2 solo tackles on STs, 8 total, 5 solo in three seasons, is a "high level ST play" now?  

Either my standars are way too high or I'm missing something.  

We don't need TE blocking depth, and I even disagree there.  Gunner pointed out as one of Gilliams stronger games the two regular season KC games, I just proved that he contributed nothing significant in the 2021 KC game on plays where we scored or otherwise responsible for the vast majority of our yards.  

We'll see, no sense in arguring this anymore.  It'll be what it'll be.  We have no control over any of it, it's just discussion.  :) 

He's not a gunner. There are a lot of jobs on special teams. Tackling is only part of the job.

You're getting way too invested in a bottom of the depth chart fringe NFL talent that has washed out of two teams in desperate need for WR help. IF he were to even make the roster, he would likely be inactive for every single game of the season unless there were injuries. Do you get a commission if that happens? If not, I don't see how it benefits anyone but him. He brings nothing to the table that is special and can be replaced at will by any random player on the street.

He's this year's Martin Nance except he's already proven that he sucks.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Vomit 1

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Based on last game alone, I find it hard to believe he’s no the starting in the slot come week one.  That said, it was one game and I have literally zero clue what’s happened in practice.

There’s no telling what the FO and Beane will do…. I remember watching the Senior Bowl in I think 2019? Isabella and Deebo Samuel were the 2 major standouts I saw that week in practice, in person.

So far I’m not super impressed with Harty…. But obviously we have another couple weeks but I’m watching Harty. Personally top to bottom I feel Isabella is a better WR over Harty. And sometimes I feel this team put too much value on STs, Harty being a better Return man may be the difference. But yet slot is more important.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

So in your world the quality of a QB's passing game has little to do with how well WRs perform.  Alright, noted.  

And you've just completed your circular argument. Justin Shorter underperformed at Florida because of Anthony Richardson, but Anthony Richardson also underperformed because of Justin Shorter. Got it.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Same here.  What seems to distinguish him from prior WR preseason heroes is his work ethic - by all accounts he’s working his tail off and is “all ball,” he sounds like a Matt Milano ascetic type and McBeane LOVES those.  He has a real shot if he flashes tonight. 

That and the previous camp darlings were either 7th RD picks or I drafted free agents.  He’s a previous 2nd rounder.

He certainly can make the team as they’ll keep 6.

My guess it will be the following:

Diggs

Davis

Sherfield

Harty

Isabella

and whichever taller guy shows out as we had some flashes last week.

PS

Shakir-  unles he has a great rest of camp, he may get placed in the PS.  We’ll see.  Pretty much all of us have been wrong on this board at times.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think anyone is really expecting Shorter to show a ton this year.  

He’s an incredibly raw prospect with size and speed.  

My only worry with cutting Shakir or Shorter is that we would only have Diggs, Harty and one of those two under contract for next year at WR.  

We’d be looking at half of our WR room

and 70% of our DL rotation not under contract past this season. 

Ultimately I trust Beane to figure it out, but I’m not sure we want to create more holes than necessary, knowing that next year we have a lot of one year deal guys and expiring contracts coming up … all the while entering the season over the cap. 

What I'm getting at is there is no need to put Shorter on the roster.  He can easily be placed on the PS and then given a multi-year contract if called up.

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I just pointed out that Daboll used him less than Dorsey did.  

3 carries in two seasons?  For a 3 yards?  

Zero targets or catches?  

As pointed out, Gilliam wasn't in on a single rushing TD play last season.  So your argument is that he was in on a bunch of them under Daboll?  

I'll pose the same question to you that I posed to Gunner, where's the actual evidence that he's more than JAG?  

Daboll's going to cut another spot and install a FB when he didn't bother to even try one out this season and didn't use one last year?  I suppose it's possible, but again, why is everyone so high on Gilliam?  He clearly contributes little to scoring, is only in on every sixth offensive play.  He ranked 17th in snaps taken offensively.  Immediately behind him were Hart and Crowder, the latter of which saw only a handful of games.  

IDK, maybe you're right, if we even cut him, he'll end up on the Giants.  I'm simply questioning the logic other than Daboll picking up every offensive player that we might release that played under him here. 

Dorsey used him 10 times on offense and Daboll used him 8 times in 2021.  Basically no difference.

Meanwhile it's not like the Giants have a ton of talent on offense at the skill positions where it would be a matter of him versus some talented player.  Basically it's Waller and Hyatt.  Oh and of course Hodgins...

Edited by Doc

37 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Isabella will have a completely different role from Sherfield if he makes the team. I have no clue why you think their roster spots are connected in any way.

If you want to have a civil discussion then please stop putting words in mouth.  I never said that, in fact I distinctly recall not specifying.  

I know what I think and that's not it thank you.  

32 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's not a gunner. There are a lot of jobs on special teams. Tackling is only part of the job.

You're getting way too invested in a bottom of the depth chart fringe NFL talent that has washed out of two teams in desperate need for WR help. IF he were to even make the roster, he would likely be inactive for every single game of the season unless there were injuries. Do you get a commission if that happens? If not, I don't see how it benefits anyone but him. He brings nothing to the table that is special and can be replaced at will by any random player on the street.

He's this year's Martin Nance except he's already proven that he sucks.

Again, we were talking about Gilliam.  

🙄

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

And you've just completed your circular argument. Justin Shorter underperformed at Florida because of Anthony Richardson, but Anthony Richardson also underperformed because of Justin Shorter. Got it.

The only thing I've gotten is that you appear to be so eager to win an argument that you've thrown all reason and common sense to the for winds.  LOL

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

If you want to have a civil discussion then please stop putting words in mouth.  I never said that, in fact I distinctly recall not specifying.  

So when you said that if Isabella makes the roster Sherfield won't, you were not directly inferring a connection between their spots on the roster?

You know what, I'm good here. Carry on.

Edited by HappyDays

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

That and the previous camp darlings were either 7th RD picks or I drafted free agents.  He’s a previous 2nd rounder.

He certainly can make the team as they’ll keep 6.

My guess it will be the following:

Diggs

Davis

Sherfield

Harty

Isabella

and whichever taller guy shows out as we had some flashes last week.

PS

Shakir-  unles he has a great rest of camp, he may get placed in the PS.  We’ll see.  Pretty much all of us have been wrong on this board at times.

Top four are locks. I think you are correct that they will want to keep another bigger receiver with either Shorter or Shavers most likely. In fact, Patmon and KeeSean Johnson have had good camps. Patmon is also 6'4", though I suppose he is a PS squad possibility only.

Some folks are talking about Isabella taking Harty's spot. Not with the FA commitment made to Harty. Then some think they try and stash Isabella on the PS and bring him in when Harty gets hurt, which is his penchant. I dunno, I have a feeling Josh has developed quick chemistry with Isabella. Today should be illuminating. Let's see if Isabella is featured when Josh plays his one quarter plus.

In any event, I would agree that it is more likely the battle is between Isabella and Shakir. I still think it tilts towards Shakir as of this moment, but that could change and I am actually rooting for Isabella. If Shakir loses out, I think they try to trade him. If you place him on the PS, someone will pick him up thinking he is worth a flier.

17 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Again, we were talking about Gilliam.  

🙄

In a thread about Isabella. The entire reason Gilliam was brought up here was because of the thought that his roster spot could be used to keep Isabella which isn't going to happen for the reasons above. Gilliam could face competition for his roster spot from other players, but it won't be from anything Isabella does in pre-season football.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Dorsey used him 10 times on offense and Daboll used him 8 times in 2021.  Basically no difference.

5 targets 3 catches in 2021.

10 targets 5 catches in 2022. 

You can do the math.  

Throw in 2020, his rookie season, 7 targets 5 catches total in two years, still less than last year with Dorsey combined.  

If you want to toss in his 3 carries for 3 yards in 2021 be my guest, but it merely reinforces my point in this discussion.  

All the runs were in blowouts, 35-0 and 40-0.  

No gain on 3rd-and-1.

2 Yards on 2nd-and-10.

1 Yard on 3rd-and-2

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

5 targets 3 catches in 2021.

10 targets 5 catches in 2022. 

You can do the math.  

Throw in 2020, his rookie season, 7 targets 5 catches total in two years, still less than last year with Dorsey combined.  

If you want to toss in his 3 carries for 3 yards in 2021 be my guest, but it merely reinforces my point in this discussion.  

All the runs were in blowouts, 35-0 and 40-0.  

No gain on 3rd-and-1.

2 Yards on 2nd-and-10.

1 Yard on 3rd-and-2

Yeah, it's called being part of "the math."  :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So when you said that if Isabella makes the roster Sherfield won't, you were not directly inferring a connection between their spots on the roster?

You know what, I'm good here. Carry on.

No, I was not.  

IMO Sherfield is not what Isabella has to beat out.  I do NOT view it as a direct competition.  I didn't elaborate because I specifically didn't feel like dealing with a barrage of out-of-context statements.  

I view it as more of a big picture thing.  And who knows, maybe they stock 7 WRs and both make it, I have no idea.  I'm not in charge.  

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

In a thread about Isabella. The entire reason Gilliam was brought up here was because of the thought that his roster spot could be used to keep Isabella which isn't going to happen for the reasons above. Gilliam could face competition for his roster spot from other players, but it won't be from anything Isabella does in pre-season football.

I didn't say it did.  Feel free to take that up with anyone that did.  Not sure why you're putting those words in my mouth.  

Someone brought up Gilliam and there was a side conversation.   I've been shagging overlapping non-related posts on crossover from my discussion, largely with Gunner.  

Feel free to look back at ALL of my posts on the topic and it'll clear MOs up for you.  

My point on Gilliam is that IMO, again, IMO, they can easily get his contributions from others on the roster in different positions and do away with the FB altogether.  He faces zero competition if we're going to retain a FB.  

At the same time, I have to think that if we are going to keep one, at $2M he's expendable, worse than expendable.  He'd either come back at something more akin to vet minimum or there will be a better receiving FB out there, but even that I'm not sure I see a role for on this team as we throw to our RBs less than almost every other team.  

We shall see.  Until then we can bicker and argue but it doesn't matter a heap of cow dung.  

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

I've been in the pub 4 hours watching proper football I can't look at Gilliam film now. 

Equally tomorrow there is a world cup final on. Even I only have so many hours per weekend to dedicate to sport.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, it's called being part of "the math."  :rolleyes:

It's also apples-to-oranges.  

Either way, suppose I acquiesce to that, let's get back to my original point.  He adds nothing to our offense being good.  I'll start by submitting those three carries that you're splitting hairs over as evidence on top of the non-existent "you've gotta watch the games" evidence that we're being told to trust.  Don't trust any of the professional review sites though that specialize in that, no, just random opinions here instead.  LOL  

Honestly, I have no idea why anyone thinks that Gilliam is anything but JAG at FB.  Am I entitled to hold that viewpoint?   Just checking.  

I just have a feeling the Bills will carry Isabella on the roster. I think he knows this is his last chance to make an NFL roster and he is putting everything he has into it and thus far it is showing. I also think the Hines injury has opened up a need for a returner which is something he seemingly excels at. He is still fairly young and maybe has learned from his four years in the league. If not I do think that if his strong per-season/camp performance continues he will continue his NFL career as he will be on a teams PS.

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

IMO they're trying to pump up his value in camp and practice for a trade.  Sure, I could be 100% wrong.  Time will tell.  It's purely opinion

Why on earth would anyone trade for a guy they could have had for free?

• Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Either way, suppose I acquiesce to that, let's get back to my original point.  He adds nothing to our offense being good.  I'll start by submitting those three carries that you're splitting hairs over as evidence on top of the non-existent "you've gotta watch the games" evidence that we're being told to trust.  Don't trust any of the professional review sites though that specialize in that, no, just random opinions here instead.  LOL  

Honestly, I have no idea why anyone thinks that Gilliam is anything but JAG at FB.  Am I entitled to hold that viewpoint?   Just checking. 

I'm not the one saying "you gotta watch the games" just saying that if Gilliam were cut, the Giants would pick him up, just like Daboll has done with probably a dozen ex-Bills players.  Why you're choosing to die on that hill I don't know.

But out of curiosity, what "professional review sites" are saying that Reggie Gilliam isn't worth a roster spot?

46 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

He is a JAG a full back. That isn't the point in dispute. He is an average full back. The point in dispute is his overall contribution. He is an average full back, an average blocking tight end, an average H-back and a good (and versatile) special teamer. The point is that he is 3 players in one. And while you can find better full backs and blockers than him finding someone who can wrap up those multiple functions in a single roster spot better than him is really difficult. I can't think of anyone else. But if people want to suggest names to me I am willing to consider. 

And the initial argument, where this started, was cut Gilliam and carry 7 receivers if you need to. Show me the team in the NFL that carries zero full backs and zero blocking tight ends. Cos that would be the Bills if they ditch Gilliam. I'll hang up and listen. 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

No, I was not.  

IMO Sherfield is not what Isabella has to beat out.  I do NOT view it as a direct competition.  I didn't elaborate because I specifically didn't feel like dealing with a barrage of out-of-context statements.  

I view it as more of a big picture thing.  And who knows, maybe they stock 7 WRs and both make it, I have no idea.  I'm not in charge.  

You have no idea. 

That bit is definitely true. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a JAG a full back. That isn't the point in dispute. He is an average full back. The point in dispute is his overall contribution. He is an average full back, an average blocking tight end, an average H-back and a good (and versatile) special teamer. The point is that he is 3 players in one. And while you can find better full backs and blockers than him finding someone who can wrap up those multiple functions in a single roster spot better than him is really difficult. I can't think of anyone else. But if people want to suggest names to me I am willing to consider. 

And the initial argument, where this started, was cut Gilliam and carry 7 receivers if you need to. Show me the team in the NFL that carries zero full backs and zero blocking tight ends. Cos that would be the Bills if they ditch Gilliam. I'll hang up and listen. 

You have no idea. 

That bit is definitely true. 

I asked you for the evidence that you had.  You threw out the two KC games where he made, and I quote, a "big impact."  I demonstrated that he made no impact on any of the scoring plays and on none of the plays that got a vast majority of yards in that first game.  None whatsoever.  

If you think I'm wrong, please feel free to watch those handful of plays on the 20-minute or so highlight reel and correct me.  But simply saying you said so in Simon-Says fashion isn't answering the mail on this one.  

You've chided me for saying things that "aren't true," and in at least one instance, again, I admitted to playing fast and loose and agreed.  You can either provide the evidence, whenever you have time, or do the same, I'd appreciate it either way.  I'm perfectly open to seeing where Gilliam contributed and made a "big impact," your words, and on more than a handful of plays as you suggest.  But what I won't do is be told I don't know what I'm talking about by someone that provides absolutely no evidence to the contrary in this case.  You've been pretty good at providing information to back yourself up, not so in this case.  

As you were.  This shouldn't be a popularity contest, it's a discussion, you may very well be right, but if you're going to call me out for being wrong, it'd be nice to get some evidence besides you say so.  Gilliam may be the best FB in the history of the game that doesn't catch or run.  But "big impact" entails doing something on the plays that provide the scoring and scoring drives.  

Enjoy your beers & pubfare!!  Go Bills!!!  

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

I asked you for the evidence that you had.  You threw out the two KC games where he made, and I quote, a "big impact."  I demonstrated that he made no impact on any of the scoring plays and on none of the plays that got a vast majority of yards in that first game.  None whatsoever.  

If you think I'm wrong, please feel free to watch those handful of plays on the 20-minute or so highlight reel and correct me.  But simply saying you said so in Simon-Says fashion isn't answering the mail on this one.  

You've chided me for saying things that "aren't true," and in at least one instance, again, I admitted to playing fast and loose and agreed.  You can either provide the evidence, whenever you have time, or do the same, I'd appreciate it either way.  I'm perfectly open to seeing where Gilliam contributed and made a "big impact," your words, and on more than a handful of plays as you suggest.  But what I won't do is be told I don't know what I'm talking about by someone that provides absolutely no evidence to the contrary in this case.  You've been pretty good at providing information to back yourself up, not so in this case.  

As you were.  This shouldn't be a popularity contest, it's a discussion, you may very well be right, but if you're going to call me out for being wrong, it'd be nice to get some evidence besides you say so.  Gilliam may be the best FB in the history of the game that doesn't catch or run.  But "big impact" entails doing something on the plays that provide the scoring and scoring drives.  

Enjoy your beers & pubfare!!  Go Bills!!!  

I will prove you wrong as soon as I get time. Don't worry.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billl said:

Why on earth would anyone trade for a guy they could have had for free?

I'm not saying they'll be successful, just saying that's what happens.  Common sense.  

A team interested may not be able to get him for free, A, and B, even if a player hits the market doesn't mean that a team is guaranteed to get him.  A trade accomplishes that.  

But touche`, I have no idea why anyone would trade for Sherfield.  WRs like that are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  I suppose if they put some turd polish on him.  

We've been through this same exercise every season.  We're told how great so many WRs are going to be that come and go here.  It's dizzying.  LOL  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I'm not the one saying "you gotta watch the games" just saying that if Gilliam were cut, the Giants would pick him up, just like Daboll has done with probably a dozen ex-Bills players.  Why you're choosing to die on that hill I don't know.

But out of curiosity, what "professional review sites" are saying that Reggie Gilliam isn't worth a roster spot?

You're jumping in on arguments that you don't have the context on.  By implication you're supporting that angle.  

Either way, who cares, no worries, enjoy the game.   Let's call it a truce here.  :)

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I will prove you wrong as soon as I get time. Don't worry.

I would sincerely appreciate that.  I'm always open to learning.  Thanks!  

I'll hold you to that.   LOL  

Also, in the event that Gilliam is cut, no need.  You may want to wait just in case.  It's more or less moot at that point.  

Edited by PBF81

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

IN the midst of a 6 beer evening. Neither of them matter. At all. The season won't be decided by either of them. The GM and coaches can't identify linemen on either side of the ball. They are real good at throwing assets at it but they couldn't see a good lineman if their lives depended upon it. To the end, who the hell cares about Andy Isabella or Reggie friggin Gilliam?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.