Brandon Shell Reportedly Intends to Retire

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Regardless of this development, I'm still very uncomfortable with this oline as a whole.

With that said, won't be surprised if Beane tries making a power move for another proven veteran since he some chips available to play with (i.e. defensive line depth).

I hope you mean tackle depth because it would be inexplicable for you to be concerned about the interior. The Bills have one of the deepest, best interior groups in the NFL with three quality starters and two starting-caliber backups.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Welp, there's one tackle down. Likely the corresponding move to Matakevich coming off PUP

Off-topic, but seeing that injury report...

I think the Bills absolutely signed Damien Harris with the intention to have him be the direct backup to Cook and to get the most playing time at the position behind him.

With that said, his continued health struggles -- a career-long trend for him -- and an impressive summer for Latavius Murray have me wondering if it will actually be Murray that winds up #2 on the depth chart, not Harris. 

Edited by Logic

That's a shame. Whilst he wasnt likely to make a big impact, losing solid backup for a position where the starter is of questionable quality is a blow.

So what way does this impact the salary cap? Is our available cap now increased to the tune of his annual salary? Or a portion of it?

46 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Trolls gonna troll… 

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This seems to be repeated everywhere as if to excuse Beane…. As if it’s impossible to build a good offensive line in today’s NFL….meanwhile the Bills Achilles heel the past three seasons(Chiefs) did it in one offseason..…. You can do it if you invest and don’t half ass it to prioritize other(namely defense) positions…. McBeane finally did more there this past offseason though not sure they did enough. 

Agree on trolls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

Off-topic, but seeing that injury report...

I think the Bills absolutely signed Damien Harris with the intention to have him be the direct backup to Cook and to get the most playing time at the position behind him.

With that said, his continued health struggles -- a career-long trend for him -- and an impressive summer for Latavius Murray have me wondering if it will actually be Murray that winds up #2 on the depth chart, not Harris. 

I said the same in another thread. I think this opens the door for Murray to end up #2. He's flashed a lot in camp when given the chance from what I have read.

That said, the question becomes...if Mims or Evans play well enough that you don't want to expose one of them to waivers and Harris is showing knee soreness already...does this open the door for him to be a surprise camp cut? I think it's unlikely, yet possible.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, the  college ranks ARE NOT pumping out quality O-lineman at the decades long demand that the NFL needs. It appears college teams aren’t particularly interested in coaching up O line guys for the pro game…

Then the NFL needs to adapt their OL prototypes. Just like they did after dealing with 20 years of almost zero great QBs coming out. The NFL adapted and accepted the less traditional, more mobile, running QBs and now we have a whole new base of young star QBs. And the League is the most exciting and interesting it's been since the 90s.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m trolling because Beane has sucked at building a quality line for Allen? OK

There’s been years the Bills OL has graded above average, around top 10. Last year was definitely one of their worst as a unit. Looks like both OG’s will be different, one being the top pure OG in the draft. 

We’ll see. I guess it comes back to Spencer Brown. They love his potential. It would’ve been amazing to come out of the draft with Torrance and Dawand Jones.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.