NFL Preseason games week 1

Solomon Grundy

Nice catch by Jayden Reed.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Nothing personal against Love, seems like a good kid. But I'm tired of seeing Green Bay with franchise QB after franchise QB.iys their time to suffer a bit😂😂

I never wish ill on Green Bay.  When they transition to new QBs it's never smooth...mainly because the old QBs refuse to be replaced.  So...in essence...they do suffer at the hands of the old QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Nothing personal against Love, seems like a good kid. But I'm tired of seeing Green Bay with franchise QB after franchise QB.iys their time to suffer a bit😂😂

I get that, at the same time I would find it hilarious for the Packers to just move on easily from Rodgers, just like the shot to his ego.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills are getting 5 and 1/2 tomorrow

Literally might be one of the few times all year you'll see a plus next to their name in the spread

I wanna slam it kinda hard lol McDermott has been lights out in preseason 

Kyle Allen and Matt Barkley are the only reasons I wouldn’t bet it.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kyle Allen has an 81 passer rating and regular season games

He's not going to look like a bum tomorrow

Agree Kyle will hold his own, and scramble around a bit.

Preseason games are a total toss up, I'd take Bills moneyline (+155).  Admittedly, don't know alot about Indy, other than Richardson/Minshew competition. 

Bills OL, DL, and secondary is pretty deep.  With 2 vets that will play QB all game. That's enough for me to feel confident.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I wanna see the Bills running game and a little Kincaid. Some Sternberger too

Same here….but I wish we had another RB to take the preseason beatings. I’d prefer not to play cook, Harris and Murray after the 1st qtr.  Give Mims and Evans 3 quarters and let them battle for the PS spot. 

I’ m pumped about sternberger too…. But I’d prefer we didn’t show him off.  Cut him and stash him in case one of our top 3 TEs get injured.  Morris is a player.  I’d be shocked if he was cut and I don’t see us keeping 4 TEs.

I wanna see Kincaid get 1 catch then hit the bench

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kyle Allen has an 81 passer rating and regular season games

He's not going to look like a bum tomorrow

You could’ve said the same thing last preseason about Case Keenum and his 85 passer rating…… playing against the Texans.  Case was a bum fosho

Luckily for him he’s playing against a soft D with no pass rush.  I doubt Buckner plays.  He’s got a chance to shine playing with our first team.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You could’ve said the same thing last preseason about Case Keenum and his 85 passer rating…… playing against the Texans.  Case was a bum fosho

Luckily for him he’s playing against a soft D with no pass rush.  I doubt Buckner plays.  He’s got a chance to shine playing with our first team.  

Case keenum was a 35-year-old on the back half of his career

At least Kyle Allen has a live arm

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same here….but I wish we had another RB to take the preseason beatings. I’d prefer not to play cook, Harris and Murray after the 1st qtr.  Give Mims and Evans 3 quarters and let them battle for the PS spot. 

I’ m pumped about sternberger too…. But I’d prefer we didn’t show him off.  Cut him and stash him in case one of our top 3 TEs get injured.  Morris is a player.  If he shocked if he was cut and I don’t see us keeping 4 TEs.

I wanna see Kincaid get 1 catch then hit the bench

I agree about Morris, he was pretty good last year in limited action and from the sounds of it is having a strong trading camp.

I was going to say I wonder if they would think about giving Morris extended playing time in the preseason to see if they could garner up trade interest. I think he's good enough to be a #2 TE on some teams. Barring injury I don't think he's going to see the field here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Case keenum was a 35-year-old on the back half of his career

At least Kyle Allen has a live arm

So in this case, what’s good for Kyle allen isn’t good for case keenum?  No mention of his “live arm” in the first post.  Most likely because he doesn’t have a live arm, just live when compared to case keenums arm.  

there’s a chance kyle Allen looks like a bum,  the colts might make him look better than he is though.  

fast forward to week 2, I really hope Josh doesn’t play vs the Steelers and they give Kyle the first half.  I predict kyle Allen will look like a bum by the time preseason is over.

I hope to be wrong,  Other than his 82 passer rating, I don’t see it. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So in this case, what’s good for Kyle allen isn’t good for case keenum?  No mention of his “live arm” in the first post.  Most likely because he doesn’t have a live arm, just live when compared to case keenums arm.  

there’s a chance kyle Allen looks like a bum,  the colts might make him look better than he is though.  

fast forward to week 2, I really hope Josh doesn’t play vs the Steelers and they give Kyle the first half.  I predict kyle Allen will look like a bum by the time preseason is over.

I hope to be wrong,  Other than his 82 passer rating, I don’t see it. 

I think case was a good QB and was hoping for the best when he came ... But his arm was basically dead

Nobody is saying Kyle Allen has a Josh Allen arm... I was basically saying it's got more juice than keenum and he's still playing for a career

We've had much much worse QBs here over the years and i think the 5.5 spread was large

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.