Training Camp - 8/10 - 9:45am - Final day at Fisher (No Pads)

The Wiz

• The Wiz changed the title to Training Camp - 8/10 - 9:45am - Final day at Fisher (No Pads)
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Will they hardcore practice in the rain or move it indoors ? 

Rain looks like it should be letting up by the start of practice and no lightning.  My guess is it's going to basically be a walkthrough practice anyways so they "should" probably stay outside.

You know, when he signed I had Murray penciled in as a likely PS guy. Then the Hines injury happened and I moved him to making the roster. With Harris nursing knees soreness....call me crazy but I think this opens the door for Murray a bit to jump Harris on the depth chart. Wouldn't shock me if the old man ends up Cook's direct backup. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Does anyone have a picture of the Dawson Knox Fisher Price Little People?  Pics or it didn't happen.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/east-aurora/fisher-price-introduces-new-bills-little-people-to-benefit-oishei/

I bet they sell out quickly...

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/248596-bills-little-people-at-wegmans/?do=findComment&comment=8482768

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You know, when he signed I had Murray penciled in as a likely PS guy. Then the Hines injury happened and I moved him to making the roster. With Harris nursing knees soreness....call me crazy but I think this opens the door for Murray a bit to jump Harris on the depth chart. Wouldn't shock me if the old man ends up Cook's direct backup. 

All he does is produce consistently. Dude has never been amazing but always a lock for 500-600 yards at a 4.0+ ypc. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Hope Davis proves a lot of fans wrong(including myself) but I find it strange that it’s just forgotten he has hurt his ankle every year since entering the league… it’s a trend so not sure why anyone should expect any different?

What do you mean it’s forgotten?  It’s forgotten because it’s not talked about every time he’s mentioned?  His injury has been brought up several times this offseason. Reporters aren’t supposed to go on and on and on and on and on about injuries of the past like annoying posters on message boards.  They leave that to you.  

it’s just not something that should be discussed all the time.  Talking about past injuries is taboo and accomplishes nothing.  

what reason would anyone have to discuss his injuries?  Not all reporters have an “I told you so” agenda.  Bills fans know his history with foot problems and they’ve been discussed here plenty.  

but do you

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now what does this mean? On the depth chart the Bills put out, he's #3 KR behind Harty and Shakir

I think it means Isabella is no longer working with the WRs. 

I read that as Isabella is working only with KR...not Isabella is the ONLY one working as KR.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I read that as Isabella is working only with KR...not Isabella is the ONLY one working as KR.

At the point where it was tweeted I don't see how it could mean "no longer working with WR", as they aren't far enough into practice to have completed the 2s and 3s.

I think it means he was the only one back taking kicks.

And here we see Isabella is working with the WR, running routes.  Wish he said who it was against.

Now this is a sentence I did not expect to read:

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

At the point where it was tweeted I don't see how it could mean "no longer working with WR", as they aren't far enough into practice to have completed the 2s and 3s.

And here we see Isabella is working with the WR, running routes.  Wish he said who it was against.

The problem here is this. While I like Ajay and appreciate his reports he's had a few times where he tweets something live and then has to contradict it later. That's the issue with minute by minute reporting. 

At the time he tweeted the first, we have no idea what was happening on the far end of the field. Were there WR drill going on and he wasn't a part? Was he the only human being shagging kicks? Was he back there taking kicks for Bass's benefit who may have been working on something? All unknown. 

The space between the first Isabella tweet and the second was 21 minutes. That's a lifetime of things that can change in a practice setting. 

30 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now what does this mean? On the depth chart the Bills put out, he's #3 KR behind Harty and Shakir

I would think it just means he will be taking the kicks on Sat - then they may rotate others for the other games 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We knew Dodson was going to start at MLB, but it also sounds like RG belongs to Bates at the moment. 

At least going into the first preseason game, Yes.

I think Hyde would say as he has before "I'm not the fastest guy, but if you look at my GPS I've still got some gas in the tank"

• Like (+1) 2

If Bates is the better RG, that makes the whole line better. But I hate the fact that Torrence hasn't stepped in and won the job. I would have hoped that as such a high pick he'd come in and play well right away. if Torrence was the starting RG that makes the line that much better and deeper

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He will continue to work with wide receivers, and its not necessarily a permanent status. I Interpret this to mean as far as RETURNS go,he is focusing on kickoffs, not punts. Harty previously made Pro Bowl returning punts so maybe KOR is Isabella's best shot. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

If Bates is the better RG, that makes the whole line better. But I hate the fact that Torrence hasn't stepped in and won the job. I would have hoped that as such a high pick he'd come in and play well right away. if Torrence was the starting RG that makes the line that much better and deeper

That's where I'm at.  It's hard for me to have strong confidence our line is will be noticeably better with only one change and that was at LG.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

And here we see Isabella is working with the WR, running routes.  Wish he said who it was against

Yeah I can see why it's contradicting in a sense, one tweet he says he is "exclusively" getting the KR work, which I assume means at that specific time that's all he's getting reps at 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

That's where I'm at.  It's hard for me to have strong confidence our line is will be noticeably better with only one change and that was at LG.  

My pushback to this would be the following:

Saffold was one of the worst starting OL in the NFL last year.  He was that bad. 

Year 2 of Kromer’s system is typically when it clicks, according to guys that have played for him. 

Spencer Brown seems to be having a good camp.  If that translates, we’re looking at LG and RT going from absolute disaster play to, at least, average play … which would be a noticeable jump in OL productivity. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

He will continue to work with wide receivers, and its not necessarily a permanent status. I Interpret this to mean as far as RETURNS go,he is focusing on kickoffs, not punts. Harty previously made Pro Bowl returning punts so maybe KOR is Isabella's best shot. 

And I agree that is another plausible way to read into the tweet as well. Unfortunately, the original tweet really lacks any substantial context and is left open to individual interpretation.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

My pushback to this would be the following:

Saffold was one of the worst starting OL in the NFL last year.  He was that bad. 

Year 2 of Kromer’s system is typically when it clicks, according to guys that have played for him. 

Spencer Brown seems to be having a good camp.  If that translates, we’re looking at LG and RT going from absolute disaster play to, at least, average play … which would be a noticeable jump in OL productivity. 

Good stuff.  

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And I agree that is another plausible way to read into the tweet as well. Unfortunately, the original tweet really lacks any substantial context and is left open to individual interpretation.

I wasn't going to respond, but you're going on about this like the energizer bunny

Maybe check yourself a minute?  You read all sorts of stuff into the tweet without yourself considering the context (when in practice it was tweeted) then when your interpretation is shown incorrect, come up with "really lacks any substantial content"?

If it's so lacking, why don't you either go there yourself and do better at reporting, or else just skip over his tweets and posts which quote them?

I go with this guy:

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.