Training Camp - 8/7 - 9:45am

The Wiz

• Simon pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

says soreness for Ed in this post 

we'll see. It would be nice if he could play all the games AND be consistent.  

How many games has he missed since drafted?

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Too bad we can't simulate Head Coach Playoff Game decision scenarios during the Colts game hah

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

we'll see. It would be nice if he could play all the games AND be consistent.  

How many games has he missed since drafted?

Last year was his only year where he missed 4 games due to injury. Other than that he’s played in every game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

All of those players are likely upgrades from the current backups.  I'd take Matt Ryan or Bridgewater 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Last year was his only year where he missed 4 games due to injury. Other than that he’s played in every game.

Wow weird, doesn't feel that way. Thanks for the info 

• Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

LOL.  What I want to know is - there was clearly a "next level" with the Bills DB and Isaiah McKenzie at times, where he would trash talk them and in return, if he made a reception in practice they would get a little physical (clothesline him and take him to the ground) because they knew they were gonna hear about it, and hear about it, and hear about it some more.

Now McKenzie is fighting for a roster spot on the Colts,  is he gonna get "extra love" from our D?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hebert19 said:

I think they should call Fitz anyway.  Allen and Barkley look rough

Maybe if a man who loves to play football says he's done and retires to watch his kids play soccer at the age of 40, we should believe that's where he's at in life and leave him be.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

29 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

All of those players are likely upgrades from the current backups.  I'd take Matt Ryan or Bridgewater

Wow, you really are gunning for "most bad takes in a single thread".

Matt Ryan is toast.  He looked like toast in Atlanta, he looked burnt to a crisp last year in Indy.  He doesn't have an arm anymore, he has no mobility, he acts like he dreads taking the hits he has to take without an arm or mobility, and he doesn't trust the arm he has.

Other than that, he'd be great.

Bridgewater and Chase Daniel are probably OK.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

My understanding is the Bills rules for media access during practice is that they're not allowed to tweet live during the practice.

I wonder if those rules don't apply during training camp, or, is O'Halloran going to get a trip to the woodshed from the Bills?

Edited by Beck Water

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wow weird, doesn't feel that way. Thanks for the info 

Oliver is on the field. It’s just that you don’t notice him.

I’m not getting tricked again with the Epenesa “dailed in” at training camp fluff. I still get excited about him…don’t know why.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Oliver is on the field. It’s just that you don’t notice him.

I’m not getting tricked again with the Epenesa “dailed in” at training camp fluff. I still get excited about him…don’t know why.

I'm with you on this. I need to see him do it on the field. If he can get to 9 sacks after getting 6.5 last year. That would be encouraging

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Allen is getting dinged up quite a bit in training camp when he is not supposed to be touched.  The backup QB situation better get fixed quick

They should be fighting daily imo

Nonsense on the "fighting daily" bit.  Although this is the time of camp when guys are getting worn down and tempers will flair.

But, if Sal Capaccio is tweeting during camp O'Halloran is probably OK

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Actually I got Duke Williams flashbacks when I watched him in person Friday.    He's a tank with massive arms pumping and high effort.......but he's not quick or fast and can't separate in tight coverage so he will not be difficult at all to cover.   He would need to be DeAndre Hopkins-esque at the catch point to be really good, I'd think.   

Duke Williams update......he had a rough game this week for Hamilton.   Zero catches in yet another loss.  

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm with you on this. I need to see him do it on the field. If he can get to 9 sacks after getting 6.5 last year. That would be encouraging

How many 2nd team edge players get 9 sacks in a season? That seems a tad unreasonable. If you're basing his season success solely on sacks (say that out loud 3times), 6.5 for a backup edge player is actually quite good. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.