At a Wedding in Ohio and the Shout song comes on and of course I had to...

Big Turk

Scream "Let's Go Buffalo!!" at the appropriate time...much to the chagrin of a Dolphins fan next to me who came up to me afterwards and said "Man, I've heard that song way too much the last few years!"

🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was also while at a wedding, that I finally realized the Shout song wasn’t, in fact, written solely for the Buffalo Bills. I had always just assumed it was their theme song created much like a Jingle for TV show. I’d never heard it elsewhere and didn’t think anything of it. 

The ignorance of youth!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It was also while at a wedding, that I finally realized the Shout song wasn’t, in fact, written solely for the Buffalo Bills. I had always just assumed it was their theme song created much like a Jingle for TV show. I’d never heard it elsewhere and didn’t think anything of it. 

The ignorance of youth!

You never saw Animal House before then!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

50 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The ignorance of youth!

The song was sung by Otis Day and the Knights in Animal House.  It was hilarious.

Let me refresh you.

As we say to all Jets/Fush, and Cheats trolls here…

”Leaving, what a great idea”.

Unstable, you must’ve never been in a fraternity.  This movie was the Bible for us frat guys.  I just rewatched with an old buddy a couple of mi the ago.  Prompted me to reach out to a couple of brothers, and we’re all meeting next year for our fraternity reunion.  It went viral and now have like 30 guys going to go.  If you don’t hear from me next June, I’ll probably on some ditch in Oswego, after the bender they are planning.  Im purposefully not have Ong one drink for a month before and after that weekend.

And Lime, Ridge, eball, and donuts.  No pics for you as the models will delete with the debachery were planning.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The song was sung by Otis Day and the Knights in Animal House.  It was hilarious.

Let me refresh you.

As we say to all Jets/Fush, and Cheats trolls here…

”Leaving, what a great idea”.

Unstable, you must’ve never been in a fraternity.  This movie was the Bible for us frat guys.  I just rewatched with an old buddy a couple of mi the ago.  Prompted me to reach out to a couple of brothers, and we’re all meeting next year for our fraternity reunion.  It went viral and now have like 30 guys going to go.  If you don’t hear from me next June, I’ll probably on some ditch in Oswego, after the bender they are planning.  Im purposefully not have Ong one drink for a month before and after that weekend.

And Lime, Ridge, eball, and donuts.  No pics for you as the models will delete with the debachery were planning.  

Sorry, Chingster.  Left you out, but still no pics for you either.  I need plausible deniability as my college buddies are probably going to party harder than the active brothers.

I just got back from a wedding in GA. Close family friends. They will get SH!T for not playing the Shout Song, then I will get grief if they realize I didn't stay until the very end. I’m torn. 🤷‍♂️   

11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Scream "Let's Go Buffalo!!" at the appropriate time...much to the chagrin of a Dolphins fan next to me who came up to me afterwards and said "Man, I've heard that song way too much the last few years!"

🤣🤣🤣

If you were in Ohio surely you should have sang Can't touch This ?

16597570998057.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

🤣🤣🤣

Need video.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Oh c'mon folks- you've been doing this for decades now.  Love Animal House, but this fantastic song is the frickin' Isley Brothers.   Y'all are making me think Idiocracy was a documentary. 

It has been a long time (decades?) since I saw Animal House and do not remember this song in it.  I also have bookmarked a large number of Isley Brothers songs but not this one but bookmarked now.  Too bad the leader singer did not live to see Shout! played by Bills with Jim Kelly as QB.  It would have been appropriate with a lead singer named O'Kelly "Kelly" Isley Jr.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.