Matt Araiza is Suing Woman who Falsely Accused him

wppete

I wonder if the Bills FO meaning Beane, McD, & Pegs talked to him to get his story first or if they just cut bait ASAP ?

If he does win his suit against her in court would that look bad on the Bills for not looking into it before getting rid of him & not sticking up for one of their players  ?

I mean they drafted him & apparently had long conversations with him & they thought he was a upstanding young man the type that the Bills thought would be a good fit 🤔

I mean it could have been a real S**T show but even when Marshawn, & Marcel pulled their deals they waited to gather info before closing those doors .

Last thought again if he is completely cleared of all charges & wins the law suit against her could he file a wrongful termination suit against the Bills ? I don't know much about the law but Stranger things have happened . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, T master said:

I wonder if the Bills FO meaning Beane, McD, & Pegs talked to him to get his story first or if they just cut bait ASAP ?

If he does win his suit against her in court would that look bad on the Bills for not looking into it before getting rid of him & not sticking up for one of their players  ?

I mean they drafted him & apparently had long conversations with him & they thought he was a upstanding young man the type that the Bills thought would be a good fit 🤔

I mean it could have been a real S**T show but even when Marshawn, & Marcel pulled their deals they waited to gather info before closing those doors .

Last thought again if he is completely cleared of all charges & wins the law suit against her could he file a wrongful termination suit against the Bills ? I don't know much about the law but Stranger things have happened . 

You are missing the point.

Araiza is a PUNTER. Though it isn’t fair, it’s the truth. The Bills had Super Bowl hopes last season. They didn’t need that distraction in the locker room coming from a rookie punter.

I suspect if it was a star player the Bills would have handled it differently. As would any team put in the position the Bills were.

It really sucks for Araiza but it is what it is.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The is an old saying about the futility of trying to get blood out of a turnip.  I can't imagine Araiza making much money out of this.  By getting a positive judgment, it might be one more step toward repairing his reputation.  Hopefully, he can get another crack at punting in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, T master said:

No win situation for the Bills.

They took crap from people for drafting him and not doing the homework and now they'll get crap from people for cutting him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

21 minutes ago, QCity said:

The woman’s attorney, Dan Gilleon, said he had not see the lawsuit yet “and we don’t litigate in the media.” 

This guy's a real piece of work 😂

My buddy dug into him a little bit. Just Google level searching. But he’s a real slime ball. Ambulance chaser kind of attorney. That was the first red flag for me when the lawsuit was initially filed. If the woman’s claims were credible, you don’t end up with “slipping Jimmy” as your attorney. If she had a solid case one of the big firms would have been salivating to get their hands on it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Hope he ruins her so that any woman who thinks about doing something like this thinks twice 

I mean she's a teenager who made a really really really bad choice that significantly impacted the life of someone else... there should absolutely be consequences, but my hope is she also gets the help she needs and one day is able to move past this.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, QCity said:

The woman’s attorney, Dan Gilleon, said he had not see the lawsuit yet “and we don’t litigate in the media.” 

This guy's a real piece of work 😂

What did you expect him to say? Oops, my Bad? 

This situation looks terrible for everyone. Matt may be a the victim. She may have had some buyer’s remorse. The Process may have jumped too soon, trying to say on the right side of the optics; given other teams/players actions. Read the article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors-former-bills-punter-matt-araiza-wasnt-present-during-alleged-gang-rape-225211550.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, T master said:

Just on your last thought, NFL contracts are "at will" employment so he'd have a pretty hard time sueing the bills and winning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, T master said:

Don't think  there's a wrongful termination suit available as no one is entitled to a spot on an NFL team.   Even the 1st overall pick every year is not a lock if anything like this were directed at them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.