Matt Araiza is Suing Woman who Falsely Accused him

wppete

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

link? lol

I have never said he has been proven guilty--why make attack such an odd straw man?

One is found guilty or not guilty (or, in this case liable or not) in court.  That's not what you said---"proven innocent" was what you said.   Where did that occur?

Well, Mr. WEO, it's called innocent UNTIL proven guilty.  He was innocent the entire time.  There wasn't enough evidence to suggest otherwise, so he IS innocent.  So again, wtf are you talking about and going on about??

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, phypon said:

Well, Mr. WEO, it's called innocent UNTIL proven guilty.  He was innocent the entire time.  There wasn't enough evidence to suggest otherwise, so he IS innocent.  So again, wtf are you talking about and going on about??

Is this really your understanding of how this works?  No way!

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Speaking of BAC and ex-wives, a buddy was in the wedding for his UGA classmate a few years ago. My buddy is pretty “fun”, so I’m sure his buddies were the same. Or worse. 

The groom got a DUI in Athens going three blocks from the reception to the hotel. LORDY!!!  😱

That seems like a group failure right there.

Not one of his groomsmen or others could keep him out of harms way on his wedding night?

Wow.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, phypon said:

That's exactly how it works.  Like it or not, that's how it works, dude.  Now let the grown ups talk.

So lack of adequate evidence to get a conviction (and therefore charge) is "proof of innocence"?  

dude.....

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So lack of adequate evidence to get a conviction (and therefore charge) is "proof of innocence"?  

dude.....

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the video evidence, the evidence of her caught lying on camera, the evidence of his geolocation, witness testimony...

If you want to call that lack of evidence, be my guest.

53 minutes ago, phypon said:

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the video evidence, the evidence of her caught lying on camera, the evidence of his geolocation, witness testimony...

If you want to call that lack of evidence, be my guest.

The point was that a non charge isn't considered proof of innocence.  It means it's a weak case.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point was that a non charge isn't considered proof of innocence.  It means it's a weak case.

Sometimes weak like this one, sometimes bought off DA like in Jupiter Fl.  Either way you are correct.  No such thing as “proven innocent”.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.