At camp: updates 7/26/2023

akcash

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Do the Bills look like a Super Bowl team? Do they have that swagger? Or is it too early to tell? How is the atmosphere? 

………. What does a Super Bowl team look like?   Does swag = SB team?  We looked like a Super Bowl team all of last training camp and through 1/2 the season…. Then things happen.

Super bowls aren’t won in July. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

………. What does a Super Bowl team look like?   Does swag = SB team?  We looked like a Super Bowl team all of last training camp and through 1/2 the season…. Then things happen.

Super bowls aren’t won in July. 

They can be lost in July. 

3 hours ago, akcash said:

They absolutely no doubt about it look like a superbowl team. Knox Kincaid Diggs and Davis in redzone looks substantial in person and seeing Torrence in there first is a nice sight. Hoping Torrence can win the job. 

1st day so I would say more getting feet wet than swagger. But the oozing of veteran and top end talent with a total all in focus was definitely apparent. 

The atmosphere was definitely electric. I would say a more mild crowd today but the numbers were there. The place was packed. Like super super packed. I got the feel that most people there were kind of leaning over they're seats trying to take everything in like I was. But also a nice mix of a lot of kids and retirees. Great environment!

Also what makes them look like a superbowl team was when they had floyd- Rousseau- Oliver- AJE (who will eventually be Von). They showed us everything that was have been dreaming about this offseason. It was very fun to watch. They didn't beat around the bush today. The depth is insane. 

We need something more than Dotson tho. That has to get addressed. That makes us look less like a Superbowl team.

Hell yes! Can't wait to see Allen and Diggs hoist that Lombardi. This seems like the year barring no serious injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Crying over the birth or a child or grandchild, loss of a loved one, etc…absolutely. 

Crying after a hug from your teams QB…😂😂😂.  

Tears of happiness.  Beane said when Buffalo wins the Superbowl finally,  most of Buffalo will be crying.  I concur.  I imagine I will be a blubbering, euphoric, mess

3 hours ago, akcash said:

Np and thank you!

I would say it is super accessible for kids. They have some games set up for kids and concessions. A lot of kids were there today. I think they have like a tunnel wall around where kids can line up to go get autographs over by the main field. Very kid friendly atmosphere with a lot of kid friendly amenities/attractions I would say.

Thanks...while I am not heading out there, trying to convince a buddy of mine to take his son.  The kid loves the Bills...going to a game is a bit out of their budget...in some ways I think this might be even more fun for a 9 year old. We took him to a game back in 2021...he was excited to be there, but was kinda bored by the end, and it was pouring out. 

4 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Thanks...while I am not heading out there, trying to convince a buddy of mine to take his son.  The kid loves the Bills...going to a game is a bit out of their budget...in some ways I think this might be even more fun for a 9 year old. We took him to a game back in 2021...he was excited to be there, but was kinda bored by the end, and it was pouring out. 

Yeah no problem. I'll tell you it goes by quick. I got there a little late like 10 am... literally felt like I was there 20 min. I was back in buffalo at like 1145 am ha. I would tell him to park on somebody's grass instead of taking that shuttle. 10 bucks and it saves a lot of time. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Tears of happiness.  Beane said when Buffalo wins the Superbowl finally,  most of Buffalo will be crying.  I concur.  I imagine I will be a blubbering, euphoric, mess

Before or after the city gets burned to the ground?

11 hours ago, FLFan said:

FYI there is already another thread open with updates from camp which is five pages already.  The answer to the returner question, for example, is already there.  

But but but..are they discussing things like smelly shirts and wet spaghetti noodles in that thread?!?! This thread is more interesting.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I cried in 2020 when I saw Josh throw a pass way down the field and completed it and then he did it again and again, and again!🤣

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

Based on how they “look”.  Got it

Why so serious…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.