Josh buys modest beach house in SoCal

Captain_Quint

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

For more pictures check out the Zillow listing: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/144-Monarch-Bay-Dr-Dana-Point-CA-92629/25580650_zpid/ based on estimates he might have overpaid but it seems like most are these days as definitely a seller's market the last 3 or so years. 

The cornhole sealed the deal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

If you think that's crazy, a person in San Fran sold their crumbling house that only had 3 walls and no roof for $1.6 million a few years ago.

The buyer bulldozed the house and built a new house on the land, which is what he wanted.

California is a different kinda crazy with housing prices.

He is not throwing away his shot...he is young, scrappy and hungry...

Unexpected Hamilton

ahh yes real estate in socal. Great investment but for him it's for pure pleasure and relaxation Im guessing

The land is as expensive as the house because while the homes fashion go in and out of style the weather and beach never do and never will.  Unless you live on a cliff with mudslide danger that kind of thing... I digress.

When I saw the thread title my thoughts were "lucky him" to have a home in a secure beautiful location right on the beach. His parents in Cali it would be great for small family events like Christmas or Easter.  A staycation if you will. Socal doesn't suck. And international airports within easy drive. His other home is also in socal.Dude clearly likes it here. He could live anywhere. I bet he lends it to family and friends. He strikes me as that kind of guy.

Good for him!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I agree. We need to find out what Tage Thompson is doing.

Never heard of him/her, 

35 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

If I could afford it I would live in the socal area or orange county.

I visited last august and when we landed was shocked how beautiful the weather was.

75 degrees and no humidity.  It felt like a spring day.

Contrast that to where I live, it was 95 degrees and horribly humid.

I know it’s not SoCal, but I took a drive from Woodland Hills to the coast using Topanga Canyon Blvd. years ago. Absolutely Gorgeous!! If money were no object, I would trade Fl for Ca 

I love where I live in Fl except for July-October. Gulf coast is the armpit of Florida. Not as breezy. 

7 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I say modest because a 3bed/4bath  even for $7.2mil, seems better than some of the decisions these players make (and celebs in general).  

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/07/10/superstar-nfl-qb-josh-allen-pays-7-2-million-for-dana-point-house/

Any positive or negative thoughts on this new move? Or just another step in the process for Josh. 

Someone whip out their tax returns so we can see who could buy this. 

How far is it from his offseason coach Josh Allen's house?

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Sabres best player and face of the franchise just like Allen is with the Bills.

Ah, did he buy a beach house too…, 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Josh has owned a house, in the Dana Point area, for years - since the 2020 off season?  I think before that he was leasing a house in that area off-season.   Marc Sanchez talked about being invited to the house warming in his 2020 "Fourth and Forever" interview with Josh (pretty funny interview - both very relaxed with each other, worth a listen)  I'm sure the house was all trendy and decorated by his then-girlfriend Britt who posted all sorts of social media stuff about it.  It was really close to the beach, she posted pics of them walking down to the beach with Sky.

Reasons to buy different house:

1) Don't think his previous house was in a gated community and may not have had access to a private golf club and private beach .  Now that he's more known nationally and has paparazzi stalking his Mexican vacation with Hailee Steinfeld, he may feel the need for more privacy and security

2) Maybe the other house had Britt memories he wanted to leave behind

3) Maybe Britt got the other house as part of a Palimony settlement.

I think this may be the case. She did a tiktok back in March with her and the dog, and it kind of gave ominous signs that they split, but it looked like it might have been inside the beach house in Cali.

An interesting coffee table book would be the homes of the Bills players .  No real commentary other than a picture of the house, and name of player.  

You figure with Josh Allen or Von Miller money, you live in a place like Dana Point.  But what if you're Boogie Basham or Dean Marlowe, or James Cook on a rookie deal?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.