France.. Y’all good?

This is no different than the peaceful protests the USA celebrated in 2021 and 2021.

I'm glad France is getting a chance to speak up for their oppression. Free speech is an invaluable right. To respectfully and peacefully organize against the inexcusable actions of authority is a human rights issue. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

This is no different than the peaceful protests the USA celebrated in 2021 and 2021.

I'm glad France is getting a chance to speak up for their oppression. Free speech is an invaluable right. To respectfully and peacefully organize against the inexcusable actions of authority is a human rights issue. 

That isn’t free speech. That’s rioting.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Westside said:

That isn’t free speech. That’s rioting.

America is the model of free speech in the world. This activity is in line with the exercise of the rights of all people in our democracy. This pattern needs to grow across the world so all people can speak up and have their voice !

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Social Compact: I was going to start a thread on this topic but I’ll bring it up here. It seems to me we’ve lost sight of the Social Compact that civilized societies struck many many years ago. Here in the US we had the days of the Wild West in which people protected their lives and homes and property on their own. Law enforcement was virtually non existent. As a society we decided to trade away that system for a system of taxation in which we now pay others (police) to protect and serve us. In parts of Europe that social compact has gone so far as to completely disarm the citizens. The result is that the entirety of personal protection has been ceded to the State. Now we appear to be in a precarious tipping point in which criminals no longer fear that enforcement, and/or when some demand that the enforcement mechanism stand down in lieu of enforcing it. What happens next? 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Social Compact: I was going to start a thread on this topic but I’ll bring it up here. It seems to me we’ve lost sight of the Social Compact that civilized societies struck many many years ago. Here in the US we had the days of the Wild West in which people protected their lives and homes and property on their own. Law enforcement was virtually non existent. As a society we decided to trade away that system for a system of taxation in which we now pay others (police) to protect and serve us. In parts of Europe that social compact has gone so far as to completely disarm the citizens. The result is that the entirety of personal protection has been ceded to the State. Now we appear to be in a precarious tipping point in which criminals no longer fear that enforcement, and/or when some demand that the enforcement mechanism stand down in lieu of enforcing it. What happens next? 

Militarization.

Edit:  I'm serious SCD.  You neuter law enforcement and who is left to keep law and order?

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

There’s a lot to unpack in these riots from open borders, to a lack of cultural assimilation and a failing state, but one thing we know is certain…

Politicians never let a good emergency go to waste. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Militarization.

Edit:  I'm serious SCD.  You neuter law enforcement and who is left to keep law and order?

Oh I realize you were serious Doc. The question is who militarizes first? The citizenry or the government. 

10 hours ago, boyst said:

America is the model of free speech in the world. This activity is in line with the exercise of the rights of all people in our democracy. This pattern needs to grow across the world so all people can speak up and have their voice !

As long as they don't loot and burn like they did here in 2020 and 21.

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Interesting point from a historical perspective. However, the George Floyd aftermath seems to show that a general population which is allowed to carry arms is not able to prevent such riots.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, DrW said:

Interesting point from a historical perspective. However, the George Floyd aftermath seems to show that a general population which is allowed to carry arms is not able to prevent such riots.

Not when the riots are regime-sanctioned violence and those who defend themselves are charged with murder against every bit of common and written law ever produced by this civilization. You start with the false premise that the two groups you mentioned are equal under the eyes of current US law:

On 12/28/2022 at 11:16 AM, LeviF said:

This is hilarious.

On video we have the young Rittenhouse being attacked during a riot, during said attack he shoots a convicted kiddie diddler, a burglar, and a wife-beater in what a jury found to be entirely lawful self-defense.

So Ms. Jen up here (along with you, our Bostonian friend) must be mad about something OTHER than those facts, correct? 

We can speculate that perhaps she is mad about the fact that he was there at all. But why? Is she also angry that the above-mentioned felons showed up armed to riot? Apparently not. And let's be real - of the two groups that showed up (rioters and Rittenhouse's ilk), one group was defending local businesses against a major riot and the other, well, wasn't. So even if you want to castigate BOTH groups involved Rittenhouse still isn't the primary villain. 

That really leaves us with one option: Jen believes that what the child molester, burglar, and abuser were doing was the right and proper thing. Perhaps they were even acting on behalf of the proper authorities - in which case Kyle Rittenhouse is a criminal because he killed two civil servants in the course of their duties (during an election year!). 

Am I above the target yet?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DrW said:

it can. but i guess we learned it won't. who can blame anyone when its government and media approved destruction. i mean when rioters are murdering the very people they are screaming lives matter and don't skip a beat. when they are destroying the very neighborhoods they say need the most help and the narrative is how peaceful it is. yeah i think your dealing with nothing but state sanctioned lunatics that are destroying with zero accountability or regard of purpose. the only thing that can truly stop that is the people who truley believed in the causes condemning and removing the rioters who used them as cover. that did not happen on a large scale. so the aggressors were repeatedly defined as the victims and anyone who stood up, gun or not, was going to be villianized and prosecuted under the full weight of the law. not alot of people willing to put themselves in that position. duck and cover and hope you have no choice because you WILL be risking your life regardless if you survive.

on the other hand one gun and one bullet stopped the jan 6th riot. not alot of talk about mostly peaceful or murder of a unarmed person in the news on that. throw in prosecutions of anyone even close to the building and its safe to say you wont be seeing that type of "protest" /"riot" again any time soon. armed population would be MUCH more emboldened to step in front of that type of chaos. they know there is a medal prob waiting for their actions. 

i guess narrative is really is the main thread that holds civilized society together in the end because the country has alot more useful idiots then i could have imagined. 

Edited by Buffarukus

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

And hunter?

Only allegations. Even after his plea deal. Just allegations.

Trump on the other hand, if you think he committed a crime he’s guilty. The pea brains on the left thought process.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

All of this better get cleaned up before the Bills get to London in October. I’ve already got tickets to Paris booked on the Eurostar bullet train. 

Paris might be the most overrated city of all time. Only time I’ve ever seen a human take a poop in the street and a chick pull baggies of drugs from her vag. Hit the Eiffel Tower, the louvre and the get out and see versaille, mont st michel and Normandy. Normandy will change your life 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Paris might be the most overrated city of all time. Only time I’ve ever seen a human take a poop in the street and a chick pull baggies of drugs from her vag. Hit the Eiffel Tower, the louvre and the get out and see versaille, mont st michel and Normandy. Normandy will change your life 

Thanks….I’ve actually been to Paris a few times. I’ll put you down as a ‘no’. 😉

11 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Why should we give a ***** if France can't get it's act together? 

Why did we spend 24/7 news coverage on the “Russian coup” last week?

Now ask yourself why American media went all in on that story and isn’t touching the civil unrest, trending into outright anarchy, in France..

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1