Jeremy Fowler - The Bills believe they have the Diggs situation resolved

BillsFan619

"They don’t really expect any funny business here," Fowler said. "They do believe they have this resolved.”

“I was told pretty adamantly that Diggs would not have been there for that minicamp practice on the field had he not felt that they were in a little better of a place than they were before that Tuesday,” Fowler said. “I do sense that things are positive, and I’m told the Bills fully expect him for training camp."

Full article -https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-stefon-diggs-training-camp-absence-drama-rumors-josh-allen-jeremy-fowler

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There's always been this underlying feeling of unease with Diggs (at least by me) because of how he strategically forced his way out of Minnesota.  Now it's just going to be amplified.  If it forces Allen and Dorsey to make a concerted effort to force the ball to Diggs I'm cool with that.  I just wish he handled his discontent in house like every other Bills player who may have had a problem.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There's always been this underlying feeling of unease with Diggs (at least by me) because of how he strategically forced his way out of Minnesota.  Now it's just going to be amplified.  If it forces Allen and Dorsey to make a concerted effort to force the ball to Diggs I'm cool with that.  I just wish he handled his discontent in house like every other Bills player who may have had a problem.

Agree with most of this, but he did handle it in house, Diggs didn’t go to the media and air any dirty laundry or grievances.  

This outside drama has been created by the media over speculation because of frustrations he showed during and after the Bengals loss.  

He kept what the issue was, and all he he dialogue with the issue between him and the team.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

So here is the problem guy is a gamer.

Has been moving around in the slot and elsewhere to get the ball more.

During the playoffs aren't you supposed to get your best players the ball.

I know the other teams double him alot but he should have moved around more and are offensive looks Tell the defense what we are doing.

And the o line gave Josh 1 second to make up his mind.

But like others have said media made a big deal out of it to get clicks

Edited by scuba guy
Added
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He did handle it in house, Diggs didn’t go to the media and air any dirty laundry or grievances.  

This outside drama has been created by the media over speculation because of frustrations he showed during and after the Bengals loss.  

He kept what the issue was, and all he he dialogue with the issue between him and the team.  

He's not an idiot.  He knew that being the only Bills player to miss the first practice of mandatory mini camp would send a message to the outside world that there was a rift he had with the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 7

I love all these articles that say "I was told" that are just guesses. Told by...who? "Team insider"? Diggs himself? The pizza delivery guy? Now I know no one will reveal their "source" but it really undermines how seriously to take any report when we get no idea the level of knowledge whoever told him actually may have.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's not an idiot.  He knew that being the only Bills player to miss the first practice of mandatory mini camp would send a message to the outside world that there was a rift he had with the team.

I agree with this, and with Alpha’s take. Diggs didn’t overtly air his gripes, but definitely sent messages by his absence and tweets that he wasn’t happy about something. He just didn’t reveal what it was. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I agree with this, and with Alpha’s take. Diggs didn’t overtly air his gripes, but definitely sent messages by his absence and tweets that he wasn’t happy about something. He just didn’t reveal what it was. 

Agree. It also seems like he kept it in house for awhile. He obviously didn’t think it was getting resolved that way. Due to the situations with the WR corps and his contract there really wasn’t much choice but to make it work. I think that if things go badly this season that issues will likely arise again.

His approach to managing his concerns is either being passive aggressive on social media or losing emotional control on the sidelines. His behavior encourages the drama which would make me inclined to think he is ok with it. It was the same thing in Minnesota. Sort of this, well, he wasn't an outright bad teammate but something just wasn't right. Well this, what we are seeing, is what wasn't right.   

Consider the numbers that have made him feel this way. 1st in targets in 2020, 4th in 2021, and 5th in 2022. Also consider how this all started off as him just being a "competitor". Just wanting to win.

This isn't about that. He is unquestionably the best WR on this team. We need him. But if I was to put money on it, he has just as much chance of forcing himself off the team by next year as he does being on the team and almost no chance we can make it a whole year without one of his "competitive" episodes. I wish I didn't feel this way, but his actions don't exactly inspire trust. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.