Jeremy Fowler - The Bills believe they have the Diggs situation resolved

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

He may be a bit on the spectrum. It's common in our circles. Feel free to have him email me at danielr@universityprofessors.org

Can you define “our circles” for us? 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Was it proof of skill on Jauron's part?

They had the #1 scoring defense in the NFL at 12.7 ppg.  

They were 11th in offensive scoring.

There SRS ranking was #2.  

+135 in point differential

5 All Pros/Pro Bowlers 

That is not luck.

29 minutes ago, teef said:

to an extent.   i'm referring to a specific poster who has tried every angle to show us how bad of a coach he feels mcd is.  if that's someone's opinion, it's all good, but when someone post mathematical equations they spent, "hours" completing, in order to show us they're scientifically correct, while in fact they proved absolutely nothing, there's an issue.  when someone has realized how much they've failed to prove their theory, that now any success under mcd is just luck?  come on.  

Luck is not an answer a superior intelligent man would make.  Its not a concrete argument.

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They had the #1 scoring defense in the NFL at 12.7 ppg.  

They were 11th in offensive scoring.

There SRS ranking was #2.  

+135 in point differential

5 All Pros/Pro Bowlers 

That is not luck.

Was it Jauron’s good coaching?

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Was it Jauron’s good coaching?

I don't know the game plans or anything about them other than they had an excellent defense that carried them.  A defense coached by Jauron.  

I am not going to be able to recap a season 20+ years ago, especially a team that I am not a fan of.

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't know the game plans or anything about them other than they had an excellent defense that carried them.  A defense coached by Jauron.  

I am not going to be able to recap a season 20+ years ago, especially a team that I am not a fan of.

So you can’t be sure that a singular season of a good record by a coach without a franchise QB is due to his coaching?

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So you can’t be sure that a singular season of a good record by a coach without a franchise QB is due to his coaching?

When you hold a teams to an average of 12.7 ppg for an entire 16 game season, no it's not luck. 

The "luck" argument.  There are a million things that go on in a season and you're going to say "luck" lol.  I guess they were unlucky 3 times then?  It is such a ridiculous argument Mr. "Superior 🤣" Intelligence.

People can have very short term success in all sports and there are several examples.  It's not luck lol.

On 6/28/2023 at 4:31 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Agree with most of this, but he did handle it in house, Diggs didn’t go to the media and air any dirty laundry or grievances.  

This outside drama has been created by the media over speculation because of frustrations he showed during and after the Bengals loss.  

He kept what the issue was, and all he he dialogue with the issue between him and the team.  

omg have you not been paying attention!! 🤣🤣 Diggs constant cryptic tweets is what fueled "all" the media speculation run he got on whatever the hell was bothering him. And the more he tweeted the less we knew as he was speaking cryptic tweet.

Edited by cba fan

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Was it Jauron’s great coaching?

Yep for that season.

Just like when you praise Belicheck for getting 11 wins out of Matt Cassell.  I believe you said it was of the best coaching seasons ever?

Jauron got 13 out of Jim Miller.  But that’s just luck.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep for that season.

Just like when you praise Belicheck for getting 11 wins out of Matt Cassell.  I believe you said it was of the best coaching seasons ever?

Jauron got 13 out of Jim Miller.  But that’s just luck.

I haven't followed this convo.  Are we arguing about who is the best coach among Bill Bellichek, Dick Jauron and Sean McDermott? 

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I haven't followed this convo.  Are we arguing about who is the best coach among Bill Bellichek, Dick Jauron and Sean McDermott? 

It’s a funny time to be stepping in, isn’t it?   🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s a funny time to be stepping in, isn’t it?   🤷‍♂️

just trying to determine how wierd the current convo is.  It seems currently to have nothing to do with the subject of the thread description. . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

No.  El Presidente is saying McDermott wouldn’t win more than 8 games if Allen went down.  I question it because McDermott won 9 with Taylor.

But then he wants to bring luck into it. 

So this is a thread about a Diggs?  Or is a thread about McD and coaching?  

every thread turns into the same thread.  Thanks to one person whose posts I can’t even read.  

one person creates such a ripple effect and it’s ruining this board imo.  Sad

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Royale is arguing that Jauron was a great coach in 2001. It’s pretty funny.

Just for that 1 year though. Then he was terrible again. 

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

just trying to determine how wierd the current convo is.  It seems currently to have nothing to do with the subject of the thread description. . 

Yeah, I just found that out when I clicked on this page for the first time reading this thread. Yikes...I'm staying out of this thread!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No.  El Presidente is saying McDermott wouldn’t win more than 8 games if Allen went down.  I question it because McDermott won 9 with Taylor.

I just wish you guys would ignore him.  As terrible as this dude is, you (and others) are his fuel and allow him to ruin every thread. 

9 hours ago, chongli said:

Yeah, I just found that out when I clicked on this page for the first time reading this thread. Yikes...I'm staying off this board. Every thread is the same now 

Fixed. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Did anyone else watch this?

I don't think everything they say in this is accurate, but I do think they make some good points here and there. Everyone wants Diggs to speak and say "everything is fine" to be convinced things are actually fine, but I don't see him doing that. I wish he would, just to shut the media up, but he won't. They bring up how disrespectful they felt Diggs was toward Allen in that game, and Shady mentioned he is human and sometime as humans, we react/mess up. I agree with that, but what I don't think a lot of them know is that Diggs was "liking" some shady stuff about Josh in the offseason. He "unliked" one of ones that gained some traction, but that just proves the point that he has been disrespectful more than once, not only to Josh, but the team as a whole. I have always loved the guy, I don't think we could afford to lose him, and I do think the more they are together in training camp, the more things will smooth over, but I hate that this has been dragged out this long. I just don't get it. 

If Josh says everything is fine, do we not have reason to believe him? I have been on the side of believing him, but the media keeps insisting things aren't fine and putting their two cents in as to why, and it's giving me a headache.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yes, I knew you were setting up a strawman.

You tried to distort my statement by implying that my argument was centered around "McDermott could never achieve more than 8 wins without a franchise argument." I saw through your feeble attempt (as I often do) and promptly responded by acknowledging that lesser coaches can occasionally stumble upon a better-than-average season due to luck. I even provided an example of Dick Jauron in 2001.

You were outwitted and outsmarted. Deal with it.

Yes, this is common.

You have fallen prey to the Dunning-Kruger effect. Fools often believe themselves to be smarter than experts.

Thus is at least the second time you have employed the "Dunning-Kruger" to bolster your pathetic claims about intellectual superiority.  At least be creative and come up with a new schtick to try and impress people.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Regular season is fun. Not sure how McD would do without Allen.  But he can't get past the divisional round often with Allen. So its pretty likely the season is over if Allen is not available for the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Regular season is fun. Not sure how McD would do without Allen.  But he can't get past the divisional round often with Allen. So its pretty likely the season is over if Allen is not available for the playoffs. 

And?  It’s pretty likely most coaches don’t make it past the divisional round without their elite QB.  No?  

Great poast

23 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

Did anyone else watch this?

I don't think everything they say in this is accurate, but I do think they make some good points here and there. Everyone wants Diggs to speak and say "everything is fine" to be convinced things are actually fine, but I don't see him doing that. I wish he would, just to shut the media up, but he won't. They bring up how disrespectful they felt Diggs was toward Allen in that game, and Shady mentioned he is human and sometime as humans, we react/mess up. I agree with that, but what I don't think a lot of them know is that Diggs was "liking" some shady stuff about Josh in the offseason. He "unliked" one of ones that gained some traction, but that just proves the point that he has been disrespectful more than once, not only to Josh, but the team as a whole. I have always loved the guy, I don't think we could afford to lose him, and I do think the more they are together in training camp, the more things will smooth over, but I hate that this has been dragged out this long. I just don't get it. 

If Josh says everything is fine, do we not have reason to believe him? I have been on the side of believing him, but the media keeps insisting things aren't fine and putting their two cents in as to why, and it's giving me a headache.

I really appreciated watching this. But the best part was cut off at the very end... Emmanuel Acho, a former linebacker, said on the D (and Shady agreed this applies on offense too) you NEVER publicly sell out your teammate for a mistake. "Don't ever under any circumstance sell your teammate out publicly." And Diggs doing the hands out on the sideline of the CIncy game was that. 

Acho said "immature" or "uncalculated" people do this. The video literally ends with Acho calling up the CIncy clip as an example of this... But the conversation doesn't get finished. 😕

I agree. Diggs may have a legit point but he was immature and wrong in his handling of it. My $.02. Good to see former players, Acho and Shady agree on this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Chaos said:

Well I don't think this just applies to the Bills.  McDermott and the Bills wouldn't be legit contenders if Allen went down.  It's a borderline WC team just like the other great teams.

What is the mental hang up here with this?

Diggs left the stadium to go be with Hamlin.

He was screaming at Allen in the Playoff game, and since there are rumors as to why Allen didn’t play well in that game, couldn’t get him the ball.

He went on Rich Eisen and laid out why he was angry, three straight Playoff losses, feels like are the Bills really going to get over the hump.

So your mind starts telling you, what if I play with my brother in a bigger city, do I want to play under McDermott again.

Makes sense to me. Not hard to figure out. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.