RIP Ryan Mallett

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

I live on the gulf coast, some don't take the flags seriously on the beach. 

My wife's friend died recently trying to save his wife/daughter when they went out under red flag conditions. 

It happens without intoxicants. Not saying I know what happened with Mallet.

Apparently 7 people have drowned in the last 10 days in that area?  Very sad news.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Apparently 7 people have drowned in the last 10 days in that area?  Very sad news.

Yeah, mostly in Panama City I believe. But from where I live in alabama down to Panama city is only about a 3 hour drive. So it's all in the same geographical region.

It's been crazy. 

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

I live on the gulf coast, some don't take the flags seriously on the beach. 

My wife's friend died recently trying to save his wife/daughter when they went out under red flag conditions. 

It happens without intoxicants. Not saying I know what happened with Mallet.

it’s wild it’s so bad there. Did a family trip there in spring and every day for the week was red flag day 

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

Medical emergency, hit your head, imbibe too much, get murdered, or some combination of the above. I’m sure if we put our minds to it we could figure out a bunch of ways. 

Two hours later, the know it alls have not disappointed!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Lol, I enjoy the dedicated ones that refuse to base their logic off truth. It can get entertaining at times

That’s a kind way of putting it! 😂

15 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I was one of those interested in him as Bills QB.  RIP

Yeah I think that I led that parade. I once saw Mallett throw a 50 yard post pattern.....flat footed and standing still. The ball was never 15 feet high. There was no air under the ball and the pass looked like a relay from a major league outfielder. The man had what was easily in the top 5 QBs that I ever saw in terms of arm strength in terms of distance and his fastball. 

He had problems as a kid but was at this point a HS football coach. I hope that he got his life together. 

RIP.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah I think that I led that parade. I once saw Mallett throw a 50 yard post pattern.....flat fotted and standing still. The ball was never 15 feet high. There was no air under the ball and the pass looked like a relay from a major league outfielder. The man had what was easily in the top 5 QBs that I ever saw in terms of arm strength in terms of distance and his fastball. 

He had problems as a kid but was at this point a HS football coach. I hope that he got his life together. 

RIP.

Was just going to mention you in this thread, Bill.  I remember your man-crush on Mallett.

So sad that this happened to such a young man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.