September 24: Bills at Washington 1:00 p.m., Sabres at Washington (preseason) 2:00 p.m.

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Poor planning on whoever makes the schedule...the Caps will draw 10K for this, as they have a solid fan base here.  A 7:00pm puck drop would have been the logical choice.

10k for preseason? The Bills dont even get that for a preseason game.

13 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Poor planning on whoever makes the schedule...the Caps will draw 10K for this, as they have a solid fan base here.  A 7:00pm puck drop would have been the logical choice.

I find it extremely hard to believe the Caps will draw 10k to a preseason game unless the tickets are free. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

I find it extremely hard to believe the Caps will draw 10k to a preseason game unless the tickets are free. 

It's the first preseason game and I'll bet you a quarter they'll get 10K...pretty much every regular season game has been sold out here for the last 10 years.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

It's the first preseason game and I'll bet you a quarter they'll get 10K...pretty much every regular season game has been sold out here for the last 10 years.

Not if it's being played on a football Sunday. 

• Agree 1

If the games were home games for Buffalo, it might hurt ticket sales for the Sabres pre-season game but that wouldn't be a big deal.  I don't expect that the Sabres depend of a lot of revenue from pre-season ticket sales anyway.  Washington is enough larger as a market, I don't even know that it would move the needle in Washington Capital ticket sales.

On 6/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, eball said:

Do people even watch preseason hockey?  This is hardly a big deal...

Yes we watch it. It’s a big deal because since Terry Pegula took over we are seeing more of that like he is purposely running the Buffalo Sabres into the ground like Major League Movie with the Cleveland Indians owner. What kind of bum does that having Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres games on at the same time. Terry Pegula is weird “Howard Hughes like”. The day Terry Pegula sells the Buffalo Sabres Party at Buffalo Super Fans house. I want that for the Buffalo Sabres and our Sabres fans more than a Super Bowl if given the choice either or for Buffalo to have a separate Buffalo Sabres owner again would be wonderful for this city again just a garbage hockey owner hockey hell for 12 straight years. Sell the Buffalo Sabres Terry Pegula is like John Fisher owner of the Oakland Athletics pure garbage as a hockey owner sell the Buffalo Sabres before our attendance gets so bad like the Oakland Athletics we can’t be saved. Just remember the Buffalo Sabres lease is up in a few years and I don’t trust Terry Pegula doing the right thing he isn’t Ralph Wilson or Seymour Knox he is too greedy to be those two class gentleman in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 6/23/2023 at 12:19 AM, I am leaving for good said:

Yes we watch it. It’s a big deal because since Terry Pegula took over we are seeing more of that like he is purposely running the Buffalo Sabres into the ground like Major League Movie with the Cleveland Indians owner. What kind of bum does that having Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres games on at the same time. Terry Pegula is weird “Howard Hughes like”. The day Terry Pegula sells the Buffalo Sabres Party at Buffalo Super Fans house. I want that for the Buffalo Sabres and our Sabres fans more than a Super Bowl if given the choice either or for Buffalo to have a separate Buffalo Sabres owner again would be wonderful for this city again just a garbage hockey owner hockey hell for 12 straight years. Sell the Buffalo Sabres Terry Pegula is like John Fisher owner of the Oakland Athletics pure garbage as a hockey owner sell the Buffalo Sabres before our attendance gets so bad like the Oakland Athletics we can’t be saved. Just remember the Buffalo Sabres lease is up in a few years and I don’t trust Terry Pegula doing the right thing he isn’t Ralph Wilson or Seymour Knox he is too greedy to be those two class gentleman in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Wow.. you have a lot on your mind. Are you ChatGPT?

Hate to break it to you: but if Peg's sells, the team is moving out of Buffalo. Learn to tolerate him if you want Buffalo in the NHL.

If Peg's sold: other buyers and cities would give a testicle to have an NHL team. There's no one locally who will win that contest and keep the team in Buffalo.

Edited by boater

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.