WGR has Miami better

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll correct the issue. It's reasonable to say the Bills "have to prove it" come playoff time.

correct, after 13 seconds the first two picks of the draft could put you in the game you want.  Didnt think it needed to be said, but thank you Newcam, obviously the team was built.   Who didnt think they shouldve finished off the Chiefs after the exhilarating Allen to Davis touchdown....they had a need, and let Hall go to the Jets whose biggest missing piece has now been filled. Now you fight to keep the window open, again you ignore the need and it catches up to ya. You get knocked out on your own field in Buffalo conditions, and youre just not built for it.  One team could run, and the other couldnt.   I got laughed at last year (just like this thread) saying Allen is good enough just get Murray, he's sitting on the Saints practice squad.  You get beat and now you go get him.  Well he had some left, does he still? Idk, when players at that position are finished their production doesnt tail off, it falls off a cliff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

They spent close to an hour on hot dogs this morning.   Its been golf, hockey and psycho babble since Howard left the morning show.   Not going to take a lot of stock in this thing unless Sal wrote it.

What makes you think Sal knows what the hell he's talking about?

He never has a correct scoop or insight about ANYTHING.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Crystal as it gets on this board. Spot on since yall bashed me for not liking the 2022 draft.. that one coulda put them on top holding the Lombardi. 

Add another one to the ever growing list.  Thanks for being so smart

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We all have our opinions about WGR of their analysis which is excellent to some of the hosts bordering on being circus clowns but how the Bills own station has Miami ahead of Buffalo is beyond me. 

Who cares.... Game is played on the field -- not thru the media..  Buffalo can be 10 for all i care about

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We all have our opinions about WGR of their analysis which is excellent to some of the hosts bordering on being circus clowns but how the Bills own station has Miami ahead of Buffalo is beyond me. 

and Baltimore too… wtf?

40 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Why do we care about WGR's power rankings?

I don't know whose rankings these were, but Schopp and Bulldog do them religiously every tuesday, I believe, and drum up the segment like everyone listening is just dying to hear their new rankings.

I thought they did it purely as a time filler. They are right on the edge of being unlistenable.  I'm sure many would say they hit that edge years ago!

They do too much goofing around and non-sports talk.  I don't ever, ever want to hear about Schopp's adopted son Julius's lacrosse tournament.  Schopp talks about that crap every day.

And then there's his addiction to gambling.  He can't go more than 5 minutes without making a reference to it.

Sorry to go way off topic.

I agree, who cares.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Last years Power Rankings from WGR 550, I bet someone was a little upset that putting the Bills at one kind of made them look like a homer since we didn't win it all and then overcompensated.

How you can put the Ravens from 6 to 2 after last year makes no sense.

Broncos are up there bc of Russell Wilson, just like Jets are up there this year because of Rodgers 😂.

Capture.JPG

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

and Baltimore too… wtf?

Be thankful they didn't put the Jets ahead of us...Miami, the Jets, and Baltimore could all be better than us or at least have a better record.  For now, Rodgers and Lamar remain HUGE question marks.

They might be mediocre too.

And if Tua whacks his head again, he could be out for the season at any time.  So it's all a crap shoot.

A ranking of this type at this point in the year is beyond meaningless.

• Agree 1

They also bumped the Fish and Ravens up and Bills down between May 2nd and June 20th. 

Baltimore I can see movement on bc the Lamar situation cleared up (although I dont agree with #2), but why swap Miami and Buffalo in those 7 weeks?

image.png

Capture.JPG

Edited by What a Tuel

I have a feeling that the Bills FO and maybe even McDermott is somehow driving an "overlook the Bills" campaign.  Either way, I'm fine with the Bills being overlooked and, sometimes, getting dissed by local and national media.  On paper, this roster is stacked and better than 2022. 

Additionally, I think we all fail to remember in 2022 the Bills dealt injuries to key players.  Hopefully, we avoid the injury bug this season.

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Last year they still had Buffalo #1 the entire second half of the season when it should have been clear to anyone with eyes that they were at best 2nd, likely 3rd as we lost players to injury, Josh's form was inconsistent and the Chiefs and Bengals hit their stride.  I actually like the RAFCPR segment. It's a fun segment in-season to see how they over and at times under react to each week's games. Personally I think Baltimore are too high in that list. I think the Bills will win the division but Miami are a top 5 or 6 team. 

Edited by GunnerBill

22 minutes ago, BreezeMafia said:

I have a feeling that the Bills FO and maybe even McDermott is somehow driving an "overlook the Bills" campaign.  Either way, I'm fine with the Bills being overlooked and, sometimes, getting dissed by local and national media.  On paper, this roster is stacked and better than 2022. 

Additionally, I think we all fail to remember in 2022 the Bills dealt injuries to key players.  Hopefully, we avoid the injury bug this season.

No one is going to overlook a 3 time divison champions with one of the best QBs in the league

19 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Only a bunch of homers would assume a local radio station should choose their team over other teams just because it's the local team. Miami is a good team. We are a good team. The Jets might also now be a good team, we don't know. It's all speculation and opinions until they actually play so the point is nobody knows. This thread is an embarrassment

but 90% of this board is a bunch of homers, it is a fan (defined as "fanatic") board after all, so IMO the OP is fine in context

17 hours ago, McBean said:

Schoop and his puppet, I mean puppy, Bulldog are clowns.

I’m bearish on the Bills this year, but think the Jets win the East, not the dolphins and that bum Tua.

Only thing schoop wants to talk about is fantasy football and betting. Guy doesn’t even like the bills. 

Schoop and his puppet, I mean puppy, Bulldog are clowns.

Only thing schoop wants to talk about is fantasy football and betting. Guy doesn’t even like the bills. 

Spot on McBean!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What makes you think Sal knows what the hell he's talking about?

He never has a correct scoop or insight about ANYTHING.

Sal has actually played and coached football.  He was a high school football coach before returning to the area.  He understands the game better than anybody else I've heard on WGR.   Maybe he doesn't have scoops, but to say he doesnt have good football insight isnt correct.    Having scoops and picking games doesn't correlate at all.   The projection came from WGR.  Who else at that station has any real football background beyond watching it?

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

but 90% of this board is a bunch of homers, it is a fan (defined as "fanatic") board after all, so IMO the OP is fine in context

You can love your team and still be an honest critical thinker. If every reply is "omg this team is amazing" then this would be a pretty boring place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.