Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Your poor, fragile ego is really fraying at the edges. Perhaps you should have taken an EQ test rather than that IQ test. Might have served you better.

Mods really should step in and give him a timeout. He's having a full blown breakdown. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think so too. 

I would bet on something like: Diggs stormed out, McDermott learned he'd left the building and stated he wouldn't practice just before his presser and was, not knowing how things were left, legit very concerned.  

Apparently Diggs returned later that afternoon and they talked, maybe talked more this am, and now that everything's cool and Diggs showed up at minicamp, it's "nothing to see here, Move Along".

Agree with everything except the assumption that everything is cool now, we have no basis for that at this point.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yup

Altho he'd be higher in total targets if we had played 17 games

Regardless he's targeted a ton

2 targets per game from being the 10th most targeted receiver in NFL history. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Mods really should step in and give him a timeout. He's having a full blown breakdown. 

Normally I would say just let him be but you're right, he is at the edge and anymore of this he is going over, and what ever sense of reality he has left will be completely gone. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just listened to a replay of McD's presser today.  I think it would have defused a lot of the bull#### if he had told us yesterday that Stef was excused.

You realize that McD is paid extra for driving traffic to TBD, right?  I thought that was common knowledge. 

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not really, sounds like you are still trying to convince people you are smart. A bit sad. 

Ok but you admit McD was lying.

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think so too. 

I would bet on something like: Diggs stormed out, McDermott learned he'd left the building and stated he wouldn't practice just before his presser and was, not knowing how things were left, legit very concerned (which might be a polite way of saying "annoyed/angry")

I posted the same theory earlier and I think you’re right on the mark.

24 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Agree with everything except the assumption that everything is cool now, we have no basis for that at this point.

Well, the basis is McDermott saying so as quoted here.  Indirect evidence would be Diggs showing up and participating in Day 2.

But

1) of course, if one wants to work from the premise that McDermott is lying in everything he says, then sure, there's not much basis. (Clarification: I personally don't believe McDermott lies.  I believe he speaks the truth selectively and arranges it artistically at times)

2) if it's an interpersonal issue, these things have the tendency to re-emerge because people may commit to changing whatever it is, but don't follow through or don't follow through consistently, or they reflect underlying issues so they pop up in a different form

Edited by Beck Water

25 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Why would you even post this?! 😂

This thread has been something to behold

His main contentions have been that he is piecing together what is really going on here while we all lap up regime kool aid, and that this happens because of how smart and successful he is, and we make fun of him because our synapses just don't fire well enough to complete the puzzle

We are making fun of him for this because it's clear that his ideas are uninteresting and not particularly creative or intelligent the way he plays them up, and because self-aggrandizing on the internet is a classic internet-poster archetype worthy of dunking on mercilessly 

He posted that because he thinks we don't believe what he says about his money and success, but nobody has even once doubted these things. We just grasp that they don't mean he's high IQ, or interesting, or capable of putting good posts together. 

Posting anonymously online allows for some cool dynamics to take place that are rarer in person - it throws away your social/political cache, anything that doesn't matter to the point you are making but in real life could unjustifiably make people more likely to have to listen to what you say. It doesn't matter if you're a disgusting freak that nobody likes, who deserves to be in jail - if you have a good post to make about Diggs or anything else, your post will be given the same platform as MENSA member company presidents' like @Einstein, and the community will respond according to how insightful it is relative to his post. That hasn't worked well for Einstein. His posts don't really reflect the insight typically capable for MENSA members, and the community responds in kind. He doesn't get it, so he has to insist to us that he not only has this social cache, but that it's better than all of ours, so we just don't understand him.

Sorry dude, that's not how talking on the internet works. Your ideas DON'T measure up. Conspiracies are real, they can be cool. The press does suck, and organizations like the Bills or any other company do have dirty laundry, and do coordinate to hide them. You are not crafting anything unique or interesting though, because we all know this, and buttressing it with the sentence structure and emotional intelligence of a tumblr teen betrays that your posts don't do the job on their own 

Honestly, in real life, you and I would probably get along and agree with a lot of things. But as successful as you have been, with your company, your real estate, whatever else, you didn't come up with anything interesting on the Bills, and I and many others here are in fact quite capable at undressing you when you get hostile. It has happened ten times over in this thread

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Never knew "cap" meant "lie" until this crap came up in this thread. 

No lie is clear in the 2nd sentence.  It's he let's people rant and shout in CAPS.  If your lie let's you sleep better at night go on big dawg  could be 

Commenting on McDermott omitting he was excused after a discussion got heated or not.  Maybe Diggs needed some time to help his brother who's in trouble (Remember Stephon is eldest and he kinda takes his father's place seriously as he maybe promised his dad he would).  We don't know unless Stephon ever tells us himself.  I could see it being Beane or Allen as well.   Hope this will be available to be read by players memoirs on their first SB victory 6 years from now when they reflect on being only team to date getting to 5 straight SBs and whether they are happy with the record in those 5 SB.  X - X.  

In the above if it happened what record do you think Josh led Bills would get in 5 straight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.