Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

46 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I felt strongly at the time that something was up with Allen that was leaving him distracted and unfocused.   I thoroughly remember being in that state in my early 20's and what it was about.   I really didn't see that coming with Allen.   She wouldn't have been my cup of tea in his situation but he sure seemed pretty settled in with his GF.    

If the rumors are even remotely true what was going on was even worse than I thought.    With all the life and death sh!t that happened in December and January it kinda' got lost in the shuffle.    

It very well could have something to do with this Diggs situation.   Diggs has a baby mama and unabashedly juggles multiple women at the same time and still is the same guy on the field every week.  So maybe he has lost some respect for JA considering how compromised Allen was over some female related drama.   I can see Diggs brooding over this with the like minds he probably surrounds himself with all offseason and just getting angrier over how badly Allen handled himself and questioning whether he deserves the say in the organization that he has while Diggs opinion isn't taken into account much as a WR.   That macho BS would track with Allen's language about the situation and McDermott's frustration about having to listen to Diggs telling him his rationale at length and not having some sort of resolution still. :lol:

Yeah there is way too much smoke around the Allen-girlfriend-drama-rumors for their not to be a fire.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Diggs wanted some changes. Bring in DHop or something to help this offense win in the playoffs. Diggs probably did not like what the team has done this offseason. Leads to some frustration. He shows up this week at the facility. Sees minimal changes to the playbook or approach. Sees Dorsey still here and Hall gone. Frustration comes out. Talks to McBeane and gets the we are on the right track talk. Diggs may feel this O is going backwards and worse than it was 2 years ago not better. Not feeling they Ra Ra everything is great narrative and heads home. 

TL;DR Diggs behaved like a bad teammate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Rebuilding as in what?  Changing the core of the team or changing the offensive philosophy? 

They aren't changing the team any time soon.  How the offense works, that could be a thing for sure.

IIRC, they plan to not let the WRs read the D and run a route based on the their read, the move is to predetermined routes like many other teams use that allow you to scheme guys open...

An entire new room of WRs who have to get on the same page as Josh and knowing where they all need to be is a real big ask heading into year 1 with the WR group. I do also wonder with Patrick Peterson saying they knew what route Gabe would - i do wonder if the WRs making decisions on where to go became a tell for opposing defenses and made us very easy to defend against, once their was enough tape. Dorsey didn't really have anything to fall back on at that point...

just a though at 1109pm

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

So it looks like The Bills did not unfollow Diggs, but that he blocked them. A tell tale sign is not seeing the teams "likes" on his posts anymore.

Also, I am listening to Muki Hawkins right now, and he already stated he knows what went down, and his podcast is very Ken Dorsey centric and sounding like Dorsey is the issue in this drama.

as both will be here, power plays in June will only go so far. Hopefully not total lack of faith in him as that would be worse than most possibilities 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Rebuilding as in what?  Changing the core of the team or changing the offensive philosophy? 

They aren't changing the team any time soon.  How the offense works, that could be a thing for sure.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

If he feels like it’s rebuilding he’s off on another planet. All Beane did in the offseason is improve almost everywhere, including probably the biggest pain area on the offense, the line. The big exception being MLB, but if the Bears want to pay Edmunds that $$$, let them.

Rebuilding in we need a few more years. We are not going to win next year. Hence no Hopkins or other bigger moves. 

The O improvement is debateable. Nothing we have not done in other years. Harris, Harty, Sherfield, McGov, Kincaid, etc are not sure thing, pro bowl player signings. We are hopeful they work out but are the sane level as Saffold, Crowder, E Sanders, OJ Howard, Quiss, and more. 

Doesn’t mean it won’t work and we have a solid year. Just seeing the other side that could see these not moving the needle. Hopkins to the Bills and they are likely Super Bowl favorites and the talk is how are you going to stop them. Quite different than the I like what they did and think they could be better. 

• Agree 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

how was whatever tf this is not addressed earlier

The most logical answer I can think of is coaching staff is not allowed to communicate with players during the off season other than specific time periods.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

how was whatever tf this is not addressed earlier

probably because Diggs is a bit immature and terrible at conflict resolution. And the coaches didn’t reach out (although they are limited in what they can do in the offseason.)

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

So it looks like The Bills did not unfollow Diggs, but that he blocked them. A tell tale sign is not seeing the teams "likes" on his posts anymore.

Also, I am listening to Muki Hawkins right now, and he already stated he knows what went down, and his podcast is very Ken Dorsey centric and sounding like Dorsey is the issue in this drama.

I believe the only team Diggs follows is the Cowboys. 

As far as IG goes you can just remove followers. You don’t have to block them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

probably because Diggs is a bit immature and terrible at conflict resolution. And the coaches didn’t reach out (although they are limited in what they can do in the offseason.)

so you think it's between him and management and not Allen?

I mean...that would be a huge relief imo

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Rebuilding in we need a few more years. We are not going to win next year. Hence no Hopkins or other bigger moves. 

The O improvement is debateable. Nothing we have not done in other years. Harris, Harty, Sherfield, McGov, Kincaid, etc are not sure thing, pro bowl player signings. We are hopeful they work out but are the sane level as Saffold, Crowder, E Sanders, OJ Howard, Quiss, and more. 

Doesn’t mean it won’t work and we have a solid year. Just seeing the other side that could see these not moving the needle. Hopkins to the Bills and they are likely Super Bowl favorites and the talk is how are you going to stop them. Quite different than the I like what they did and think they could be better. 

no offense, but what you described isn’t really what “rebuilding” means it the usual sense. And you left out that they drafted possibly the best guard in the draft. And the best receiving TE. You mentioned them, but didn’t really describe them other than “not sure things.”

Basically what you’re saying is because they haven’t signed D-Hop, they are spinning their wheels. Which is a little ridiculous.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.