Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

this tweet tells me him showing up was strictly contractual, since the agent is all about McDermott's statement making it seem diggs didn't report

How this is being handled it could get very ugly very fast 

I'm pretty sure they have to practice for it to count unless they aren't medically cleared to practice.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh threw 12 ints the final 9-10 games of 2021 though. People forget that. Dorsey this and Dorsey that, Daboll was OC. It is looking like a Josh Allen issue.

Mahomes threw 10 INTs in the first 8 games of 2021 and another 10 in a 10 game stretch in 2022. 

You can really pick stretches of good qbs making mistakes most years.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No it's not. The Billsiest thing would be for us to fire a coach that gets us to the playoffs yearly and averages 12 wins/season.

It would be a very 2000s Bengals thing to do to ride out a "culture" HC who is good enough to win regular season games but can never get it done in the playoffs with a top-3 roster.

Him taking over DC was step one to saving his job. He is, and should be, on a short leash right now.

Regular season wins are great, but the debacle in KC 2 years ago was inexcusable, football 101, and the team meltdown across the 2nd half of the season last year was all on the coaches as well.

I'm not gathering the pitchforks or lighting the torches yet, but any good owner would have a close eye on McD this year.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No it's not. The Billsiest thing would be for us to fire a coach that gets us to the playoffs yearly and averages 12 wins/season.

Josh Allen gets us to the playoffs yearly.

McD is along for the ride.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is the most popular un-named police officer in history. Because I've heard the same exact thing from Buffalonians who are on opposite sides of the county, but somehow all know this OP cop so well.

Spoiler Alert: That entire story was bull####.

If it was BS then so be it.  It's none of any of our business anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

This Diggs situation needs resolving quickly. It doesn't sound like Stef wants out or is hankering for a trade or anything like that at this stage but there is clearly some disconnect between him and someone in the organisation. They need to get it sorted asap. Stef needs to apologise for his behaviour after the playoff game and the team and its key players - McD, Beane, Josh, Dorsey - need to make sure Stef feels the love and that he is all in. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It would be a very 2000s Bengals thing to do to ride out a "culture" HC who is good enough to win regular season games but can never get it done in the playoffs with a top-3 roster.

Him taking over DC was step one to saving his job. He is, and should be, on a short leash right now.

Regular season wins are great, but the debacle in KC 2 years ago was inexcusable, football 101, and the team meltdown across the 2nd half of the season last year was all on the coaches as well.

I'm not gathering the pitchforks or lighting the torches yet, but any good owner would have a close eye on McD this year.

Honestly I think losing Von to injury and then Damar shook this team considerably maybe more than we will ever know as that team is as close to a family as seen in Buffalo in a loooooong time. 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm pretty sure they have to practice for it to count unless they aren't medically cleared to practice.

That's what I would suspected but wonder if the wording in the contract is a bit ambiguous and the agent as well as diggs are playing around with some wording

Which is what worries me about the situation, a big if but if they are at this level of pettiness already it's not a good sign for either side 

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Technically correct. But there is an argument to be made that the Bills made the same mistake the Falcons did in retaining Quinn and letting Shanahan walk.

It would have been a major coup, and not sure how the franchise would have weathered it. But after 13 seconds, firing McD and promoting Daboll is an interesting discussion.

Let's not get carried away now LOF'nL!:lol:

Kyle Shanahan was the Peyton Manning of HC prospects.   Son of a HOF'er and SB champion.

Brian Daboll was fired at his first 3 NFL offensive coordinator jobs and then had to kick around as a TE coach for another 8 years or so before his coach helped him get an easy job at Alabama and when he left Nick Saban was none to distraught to see him go.   He comes to the Bills and produces the worst scoring offense the NFL had seen since the merger thru the first half of 2018.    Then after a tremendous 2020 he shat himself enough in the 2021 season that he'd never have gotten an NFL HC gig in that cycle if Joe Schoen wasn't at the front of the package.    

Plenty of bums have had a good first season as an NFL HC.   NY Giants Ben McAdoo ring a bell?  McDermott might not be the answer but just because Daboll caught some teams by surprise and got Daniel Jones to throw double digit TD passes I wouldn't be expecting that success to continue as the bar raises.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

How so?

I really don’t know ..

It always seemed strange to me Josh actually made that statement since we know what he puts on the line for the team.. no one would ever question that we don’t think he is all in. 

I am only basing  this on some speculation that something went down at his home before the Bengals Game. I don’t know what or if anything went down but here some have said to as such. Maybe his head wasn’t were it need to be and to come up short again clearly didn’t sit well. Maybe it strained the relationship..

This is just all my speculation though and I could be way off base..

Sounds like Steff just wants the ball and have more of the offense schemed around him.   I know he feels like he can/needs to help carry the team at times but I think that kinda led to Josh forcing some throws last year as well instead of taking the easier targets.   I do think Dorsey should take some criticism though because there should be ways to scheme Stef open more.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What? How do you even compare that?

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.