Dalvin Cook released.

Gregg

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Only way it happens is if they can keep the cap hit down.  Asking price is likely a minimum 6 million...

I did these with an attempt to get actual cap space created with the cut - replacement players salary figures into it and without cutting Morse, it's really tough.  

Can save about 2 million if you cut neal and keep austin.  Save about 800k if you cut gilliam and keep morris or sternberger.  But the big savings of about 5M would come from cutting morse and keeping mancz (while shifting bates to C).  We'd then be a bates injury away from some serious issues in the middle of the line.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

No, and furthermore it's a strong indicator of where Breece Hall is physically despite what they have been saying publicly.

Agreed.  And I wouldn’t expect Hall to even be 80% Hall this season.  

Dobbins came back too soon last year and he’s still not right.

• Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

No, and furthermore it's a strong indicator of where Breece Hall is physically despite what they have been saying publicly.

It would be no surprise if Breece isn't ready at the start of the season. Look how long it took Barkley to regain his form. Breece got hurt last year week 4 or 5. Hasn't played or practiced since. He won't play in the preseason so having Cook is a good insurance policy for them.

• Agree 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:52 AM, julian said:

Yeah wasn’t that a knock some people used on Barry Sanders… yeah he’s amazing but without those 2-3 runs a game he woulda went 15 carries for 28 yards.

Maybe with Barry you were almost guaranteed to get those couple runs every game and that’s what makes him different but still kinda the same situation.

The rich man's CJ Spiller!

But when you've watched a team without a breakaway runner for several years, you would kinda like to see a prime Dalvin Cook. At least I would, if it's the prime version anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It would be no surprise if Breece isn't ready at the start of the season. Look how long it took Barkley to regain his form. Breece got hurt last year week 4 or 5. Hasn't played or practiced since. He won't play in the preseason so having Cook is a good insurance policy for them.

Anyone see any workout videos of him. I don't remember White for example doing what Von is right now. I know an ACL to a RB is way harder to come back from 

I’d be ok with him going to the jets- hall, Carter, abanikanda and zonavan is a great RB room. They don’t need him.

Maybe Breece will be out much longer than anticipated?  Idk, I think they’re set at RB. Rather him in NY than Miami

• Agree 1

On 6/10/2023 at 12:48 PM, benderbender said:

If he were available at a reasonable price at the beginning of free agency, he'd already have a locker next to his brother. We're just nitpicking his resume to make it feel better when the Dolphins overpay for him. 

Agree

A) The Bills don't have the cap space. B) He's not going to undercut his little brother. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They just cleared 33 million in cap space so maybe this was why

The Jests being the Jests, that was my first thought, too.  Splurging on another RB is something they seem likely to do rather than improving their OL, which is terrible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.