Go Woke. Go Broke.

https://www.outkick.com/indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-box-office-projections-disappointment/

NEW ‘INDIANA JONES’ MOVIE TRACKING TO BE BOX OFFICE DISASTER

While it might be Ford’s final time as Indy, it doesn’t appear fans are too amped up to rush to theaters. The film’s Thursday night earnings are expected to fall between $6 million and $7.5 million once the numbers are finalized, according to Deadline.

No one wants to  see white men being cucked and killed off at the hands of dumb indestructible women by the libtard

left, apparently.

322316_v9_bb.jpg

billstime, that you?

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 7/7/2023 at 8:26 PM, B-Man said:

Bud Light no longer among 10 most ‘liked’ beers in US: survey

https://nypost.com/2023/07/07/bud-light-no-longer-in-top-10-most-popular-beers-in-us/

But who on earth "liked" Bud Light to begin with?

Crap old pre-Good Beer in America pisswater. It was ok as an "I just mowed the lawn on a hot summer day and I want a really cold beer that tastes kind of like water" way. But "like?" Someone somewhere actually liked it?

I guess it shows how good their pre-woke marketing was, convincing Americans to pay a slight premium for a terrible product.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Look, I agree in principle.

But why does it always have to take a racist turn? Snow White kind of needs to be ... white ... but she always had black hair and there's no reason to criticize the casting of a hispanic actress.

Now as for the 7 Dwarves ... don't actors with dwarfism need jobs?

EDIT: Just saying that back in the day when I had to take a young daughter to every princess movie, watching certain hispanic actresses for 2 hours would've made that task just a little more tolerable ...

220713150351-ana-de-armas-file-2021.webp

Edited by The Frankish Reich

37 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Crap old pre-Good Beer in America pisswater. It was ok as an "I just mowed the lawn on a hot summer day and I want a really cold beer that tastes kind of like water" way. But "like?" Someone somewhere actually liked it?

I guess it shows how good their pre-woke marketing was, convincing Americans to pay a slight premium for a terrible product.

But why does it always have to take a racist turn? Snow White kind of needs to be ... white ... but she always had black hair and there's no reason to criticize the casting of a hispanic actress.

EDIT: Just saying that back in the day when I had to take a young daughter to every princess movie, watching certain hispanic actresses for 2 hours would've made that task just a little more tolerable ...

Yup.  That's why I said never let people see just how replaceable you are.  Insulting your core customer base that got you to where you are is stupid even for a small business, much less one like ABInbev.

As for reimagining movies, they can do what they want.  After about the 5 version of the same story, it's lost on me anyway.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you agree…abortion is a business. Good to know! 😉

I laugh (more like give a middle finger to) those who think that being able to kill babies is the most important issue on their life.

55 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's what I find funny about the whole Bud Light thing. All it showed is that these Conservative boycotters have horrible taste in beer and were still drinking it this whole time even with so many great craft brews available everywhere now. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

To quote my favorite poster….DEFLECTION 

DEFLECTION? No Deek - the reason why there as NO RED WAVE was because of what the GQP did/and is doing to reproductive rights.

Keep it up - it will cost you dearly in 2024.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I laugh (more like give a middle finger to) those who think that being able to kill babies is the most important issue on their life.

Ohhhh, middle finger? lmao - tough guy.

We laugh at all your bold takes "Doc"

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

All it showed is that these Conservative boycotters have horrible taste in beer and were still drinking it this whole time even with so many great craft brews available everywhere now.

I have an in-law from deep red America who switched from Bud Light to Coors Light as his daily drinker. He had recently finally started to branch out, drinking a "local" microbrew. But then he found out that Anheuser Busch had bought out that microbrewery so that's out too.

The amount of time people spend overthinking these things just boggles my mind.

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

DEFLECTION? No Deek - the reason why there as NO RED WAVE was because of what the GQP did/and is doing to reproductive rights.

YOUR comment is the deflection. Not as funny when people turn the tables on your shtick…right? 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

YOUR comment is the deflection. Not as funny when people turn the tables on your shtick…right? 

I stand by my comment... no deflection at all. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

She's full of shtick.

Just a brutal reality for you.

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

Insulting your core customer base that got you to where you are

You don't like it when YOUR words are used to highlight your hypocrisy.  

BLOODBATH

image.thumb.jpeg.525e3d44cc5b73b62f98c749f80cee33.jpeg

34 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I stand by my comment... no deflection at all. 

Just a brutal reality for you.

You don't like it when YOUR words are used to highlight your hypocrisy.  

BLOODBATH

image.thumb.jpeg.525e3d44cc5b73b62f98c749f80cee33.jpeg

Proving once again that you wear the hat of Court Jester very well. Not sure why it took so long for you to take your rightful place.

Long Live the New King! 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Proving once again that you wear the hat of Court Jester very well. Not sure why it took so long for you to take your rightful place.

Long Live the New King! 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Insulting your core customer base that got you to where you are

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Long Live the New King! 

I never knew that pro choicers were the Republicans' core customer base...

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's what I find funny about the whole Bud Light thing. All it showed is that these Conservative boycotters have horrible taste in beer and were still drinking it this whole time even with so many great craft brews available everywhere now. 

Lol. Sure that's the take home message!

Bud Light is crap. So is PBR, Miller Lite, Modelo and all the other crap beers that Bud Light drinkers have flocked to that don't use trans marketing.

Edited by BillsFanNC

15 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Lol. Sure that's the take home message!

Bud Light is crap. So is PBR, Miller Lite, Modelo and all the other crap beers that Bud Light drinkers have flocked to that don't use trans marketing.

With a few recent court decision pointing in a direction of choice of the seller, would it now be possible to advertise who is not allowed to buy your product, perhaps put it right on the label? Based on religious beliefs of course.

Can the small craft brew guy/gal restrict their sales?

On 6/28/2023 at 6:48 PM, Orlando Tim said:

The numbers are actually worse than reported. This does not include all the cost associated with ads and efforts for tie ins. There were a lot of toys "created" that were not produced or even worse left in a warehouse to ensure that Disney name was not damaged further by huge discounts. 

Wow.  Great news for Disney employees, stockholders, Orlando and Florida.  Rock on Ron!  The culture warrior's big win!

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Wow.  Great news for Disney employees, stockholders, Orlando and Florida.  Rock on Ron!  The culture warrior's big win!

hang on. How is this Ron’s fault? He’s not producing the films

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Disney creative direction is now set by the Governor? The Governor caused them to spend hundreds of millions on movies that no one liked? I had thought it was because Disney under Chapek was a disaster of investing in movies few want to see and nickel and dimeing people at the park. Disney needs to go back to the time where they recognize why they became "Disney", which is only about 5-10 years ago, be apolitical, be child friendly and make films that people want to see. Honestly I have seen every Marvel film once it has hit video and the only part of phase 4 that was really good was a couple of the tv shows, all the movies were like 1990s super hero movies. I want Disney to be great but I recognize where they are and it is not good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Disney creative direction is now set by the Governor? The Governor caused them to spend hundreds of millions on movies that no one liked? I had thought it was because Disney under Chapek was a disaster of investing in movies few want to see and nickel and dimeing people at the park. Disney needs to go back to the time where they recognize why they became "Disney", which is only about 5-10 years ago, be apolitical, be child friendly and make films that people want to see. Honestly I have seen every Marvel film once it has hit video and the only part of phase 4 that was really good was a couple of the tv shows, all the movies were like 1990s super hero movies. I want Disney to be great but I recognize where they are and it is not good.

Your post is analogous to people in Rochester (even Pittsford) cheering the demise of Kodak because they didn't forsee the need to move into digital photography.  Oh, and the NYS governor was fictionally attacking them over their advertising.

57 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Your post is analogous to people in Rochester (even Pittsford) cheering the demise of Kodak because they didn't forsee the need to move into digital photography.  Oh, and the NYS governor was fictionally attacking them over their advertising.

No one "cheered" Kodak's demise.  I have no idea where you're getting that from. 

And they made a mistake not embracing technology.  There is nothing similar with what Disney is doing.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Bless your heart, you think recognition is cheering. In the late 80s and 90s plenty of people knew Kodak was in trouble but Kodak did not change that trajectory, I am hoping Disney is smarter. As for the politics, when was Kodak dumb enough to attack a politician directly? 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one "cheered" Kodak's demise.  I have no idea where you're getting that from. 

And they made a mistake not embracing technology.  There is nothing similar with what Disney is doing.

kinda the point.  And yet we have those cheering the tribulations of Disney....

• Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

@The Frankish Reich

I'm a Coors Light, Corona drinker, enjoy a Guiness or Black and Tan every now and again.  I'd drink Bud Light before the dust-up, but it would probably be the last choice if other stated options were available. 

What's with the judgey "horrible taste" take?   The product sold well because people bought it in large numbers for consumption.  What's next, you guys trash talk some poor guy enjoying a Kit Kat because you prefer your fancy Cadbury Caramilk or Aero candy bar?  

I'm over here enjoying a Kit Kat, contemplating a Coors Light later and..well, I'm listening to ABBA.  There, I said it. ABBA.   I have no plans to go out and buy some craft beer made in the 'brewery' of some dopey real estate attorney/brewmaster, knowing full well the 'brewery' is his moldy basement and his kids likely dropped some snot-laced Leggo into his swill when the babysitter wasn't paying attention.  

Go to h3ll, the both of you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Huh?  Again no one "cheered" it.  If anything it was a "ha ha, I can't believe the leader in photography failed so spectacularly in their own field."  No one was happy about it and there was no culture war associated with it.  That's the difference. 

As for Disney, Bob Iger said that Disney's response to the "don't say gay" bill wasn't right.  But that they had the right to say something.  And it backfired.  Hopefully they go back to doing what they did before.

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Where are you going with this? People are making choices about products they choose to purchase. The choices aren’t being made about some obscure comment a CEO might have said at one time. The choice is whether your kids should go to a movie that you don’t approve of. Assuming you have children, I’m betting you made that exact same choice literally hundreds of times. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Huh?  Again no one "cheered" it.  If anything it was a "ha ha, I can't believe the leader in photography failed so spectacularly in their own field."  No one was happy about it and there was no culture war associated with it.  That's the difference. 

As for Disney, Bob Iger said that Disney's response to the "don't say gay" bill wasn't right.  But that they had the right to say something.  And it backfired.  Hopefully they go back to doing what they did before.

umm, my point was that no one cheered it (It's NYS, for goodness sake) but that some are cheering Disney's failings..try to keep up

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Where are you going with this? People are making choices about products they choose to purchase. The choices aren’t being made about some obscure comment a CEO might have said at one time. The choice is whether your kids should go to a movie that you don’t approve of. Assuming you have children, I’m betting you made that exact same choice literally hundreds of times. 

I'm going to the finding that a large, global, important employer in Fla is having a rough patch and while they're down, some political hacks keeping kicking them.  And seem to revel in it.  Using it as a political bludgeon.  get the picture?

Edited by redtail hawk

The King @ChiGooseoften likes to talk about paying attention to polling as a "gut check" to know where the mainstream is at.

So we have large companies like Disney, AB and Target promoting woke stuff that their customers overwhelmingly rebuke. Massively. 

Why isn't that type of response a gut check as to where the mainstream stands?

cue @redtail hawk...because they're all bigots!

:lol: