Go Woke. Go Broke.

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

umm, my point was that no one cheered it (It's NYS, for goodness sake) but that some are cheering Disney's failings..try to keep up

I guess you missed where Tim said "I want Disney to be great."  He's cheering Disney's demise as much as anyone in Rochester cheered Kodak's...

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

umm, my point was that no one cheered it (It's NYS, for goodness sake) but that some are cheering Disney's failings..try to keep up

I'm going to the finding that a large, global, important employer in Fla is having a rough patch and while they're down, some political hacks keeping kicking them.  And seem to revel in it.  Using it as a political bludgeon.  get the picture?

It's like you throw a jab and not expect the guy in the ring with you to counter with a hook?

Disney chose to get in the political ring.

Why are you surprised?

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I'm going to the finding that a large, global, important employer in Fla is having a rough patch and while they're down, some political hacks keeping kicking them.  And seem to revel in it.  Using it as a political bludgeon.  get the picture?

You need to get out more. The Disney studios are in Burbank California . I drive them by them all the time. 😉

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

@The Frankish Reich

I'm a Coors Light, Corona drinker, enjoy a Guiness or Black and Tan every now and again.  I'd drink Bud Light before the dust-up, but it would probably be the last choice if other stated options were available. 

What's with the judgey "horrible taste" take?   The product sold well because people bought it in large numbers for consumption.  What's next, you guys trash talk some poor guy enjoying a Kit Kat because you prefer your fancy Cadbury Caramilk or Aero candy bar?  

I'm over here enjoying a Kit Kat, contemplating a Coors Light later and..well, I'm listening to ABBA.  There, I said it. ABBA.   I have no plans to go out and buy some craft beer made in the 'brewery' of some dopey real estate attorney/brewmaster, knowing full well the 'brewery' is his moldy basement and his kids likely dropped some snot-laced Leggo into his swill when the babysitter wasn't paying attention.  

Go to h3ll, the both of you. 

Yes, if you drink Coors Light and eat KitKats and listen to ABBA, I am judging you. 

It’s just facts that those Big Beers and candies like KitKats are very chemically processed. 

What’s also funny is you’re making a point against yourself when you’re talking about who is making these beers, as if normal everyday people creating local microbrews is somehow worse than large conglomerate businesses who mass-produce them. Many , obviously not all, of those contain much better ingredients and are more flavorful and are made by people who love beer.

You’re free to enjoy your pisswater and fillers with 10% chocolate candy as you have and I’m free to judge you for it as I have, the same way I would if someone willingly chose Oscar Meyer dogs over Sahlens or Zweigles. 

Salud! 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yes, if you drink Coors Light and eat KitKats and listen to ABBA, I am judging you. 

It’s just facts that those Big Beers and candies like KitKats are very chemically processed. 

What’s also funny is you’re making a point against yourself when you’re talking about who is making these beers, as if normal everyday people creating local microbrews is somehow worse than large conglomerate businesses who mass-produce them. Many , obviously not all, of those contain much better ingredients and are more flavorful and are made by people who love beer.

You’re free to enjoy your pisswater and fillers with 10% chocolate candy as you have and I’m free to judge you for it as I have.  

Salud! 

Well, now I have to go and respect you for your honesty.  That’s something. 

On the other hand, you present as a craft beer zealot, probably just a couple IPAs away from lopping off the head(s) of non-believers crushing silver bullets. 

This is a dilemma. Time for Barry Manilow. 

I'm a home brewer and craft beer enthusiast.

Isn't it obvious that all adjunct rice/corn macro lagers are what they are? Cheap *****.

How the hell did one, and only one, of the many big beer conglomerates who brew ***** beer using woke trans marketing become about craft beer?

Oh that's right.

Deflection. 

22 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Your point is not what you wrote, so the assumption is that the writer is responsible for being clearer. The reason the politicians are cheering the problems for Disney is the company directly entered the political ring and attacked the politicians, most companies are not so dumb. Truly I hope Iger is smarter than Chapek, who seemed to ruin everything he touched. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The reason the politicians are cheering the problems for Disney is the company directly entered the political ring and attacked the politicians

God forbid they disagree with Caesar Desantis.  What he says is gospel.  No other opinions allowed!  Why not let the market decide without a greasy politicians interference?  Aren't R's for freedom and the 1st amendment?  Capitalism?

Edited by redtail hawk

30 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Your point is not what you wrote, so the assumption is that the writer is responsible for being clearer. The reason the politicians are cheering the problems for Disney is the company directly entered the political ring and attacked the politicians, most companies are not so dumb. Truly I hope Iger is smarter than Chapek, who seemed to ruin everything he touched. 

Yeah, they aren't cheering for their demise.  And Chapek was an absolute disaster.

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

God forbid they disagree with Caesar Desantis.  What he says is gospel.  No other opinions allowed!  Why not let the market decide without a greasy politicians interference?  Aren't R's for freedom and the 1st amendment?  Capitalism?

How dare you call Joe Biden greasy! 😉

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

So you believe that a company that has had multiple employees arrested for pedophilia every single year for at least decade should be weighing on the topic of when it is appropriate to discuss sex with children? Seems Disney screwed themselves by getting involved in the first place and Chapek deserved the blame. 

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

So you believe that a company that has had multiple employees arrested for pedophilia every single year for at least decade should be weighing on the topic of when it is appropriate to discuss sex with children? Seems Disney screwed themselves by getting involved in the first place and Chapek deserved the blame. 

yes, well every company of Disney's size has some deplorables.  Even churches...

Edited by redtail hawk

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

It's less about the having some pedophiles as employees than either intentionally mischaracterizing the law or not doing their due diligence in studying the law before publicly taking a side.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

It's less about the having some pedophiles as employees than either intentionally mischaracterizing the law or not doing their due diligence in studying the law before publicly taking a side.

Are you serious?

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I will honestly state that I can't understand getting upset about a movie that is supposed to be completely stupid. It would be like being mad at Adam Sandler for a movie 

That’s what happens when your party hits rock bottom. You get upset over a movie targeted at girls… and Ted Cruz.

And this freak show:

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

That’s what happens when your party hits rock bottom. You get upset over a movie targeted at girls… and Ted Cruz.

And this freak show:

You called child trafficking a QANON theory, so your looking up at Shapiro 

11 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I will honestly state that I can't understand getting upset about a movie that is supposed to be completely stupid. It would be like being mad at Adam Sandler for a movie 

This petty outrage is what I’d slam the far left for doing for a long time, but as Conservative media has grown, we’re seeing the exact same thing come from them. 

Many of them were angry about there simply being a trans actor in this movie, 1 out of 70+ actors…and I haven’t seen it but from what I’ve read there is no pushing of child surgeries or anything like that.

These are the same people that would hit the Left for not waiting for the facts to play out, which I agreed with, but this is the same exact thing. It’s either that or they don’t even think a trans person should simply be allowed to even exist in a movie, or probably exist at all. 

And I said the same thing about people who went back and called the first Ace Ventura movie “transphobic”. It’s a silly comedy, that’s all. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You compared Sound of Freedom to 2000 mules which you referred to as a QANON movie, not sure what further I need to prove.

Oh, so it should be able for you to highlight my exact words.  I'll wait.

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I’m glad we were able to get this whiny take from this Poso clown who was a pizzagate fraud boy…about a Barbie movie. 

I’ll repeat…a supposed grown man complaining about a Barbie movie being feminist. Simply stunning. 

Yeah...because turning Ken into a pansy feminist makes total sense.

That took all of 10 seconds

There were 20 responses.

The leader with 7  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . BillStime.

• Haha (+1) 1