Go Woke. Go Broke.

TO BE FAIR, THIS PROBABLY HAS MORE TO DO WITH WOKE DISNEY’S WORSENING BOX-OFFICE PERFORMANCE AND MONEY-LOSING STREAMING SERVICE: 

Disney Stock Down 33 Percent Since CEO Instigated Feud with DeSantis. 

“Disney stock was trading at $133.65 a share when Chapek accused DeSantis of promoting legislation that would “unfairly target gay, lesbian, nonbinary, and transgender kids and families.”

Disney shares opened at $89.44 and continued to fall on Wednesday ahead of DeSantis’s formal entry into the 2024 presidential campaign.”

https://freebeacon.com/culture/disney-stock-down-33-percent-since-ceo-instigated-feud-with-desantis/

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Additionally a wise person once told me that political discussions are not for the person you're directly discussing a topic with. It's for the third person who might be listening off to the side.

Therefore I'm perfectly fine ignoring commies that will continue to be commies no matter what you, I or anyone else "discusses" with them.

If a lurker however looks into something a little deeper than they otherwise would have....then that's the point of being here.

Leftists, and the commies increasingly among them, are forever lost.

Then might I respectfully suggest that every time you toss around the pejorative ‘commie’ label you’re actually falling into the same trap? Would anyone (even a lurker) want to hear what you have to say after that? 

• Like (+1) 4

LONDON, May 25 (Reuters) - Transgender designer Erik Carnell has seen a surge in demand for his pins, prints, stickers and T-shirts after U.S. retailer Target Corp pulled his products amid a backlash by some customers to its Pride collection, he said on Thursday.

Target's Pride collection included more than 2,000 products from clothes and music to home furnishings, and while several are under review the only ones removed so far from its website and stores are from Carnell's brand Abprallen.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/orders-surge-trans-designer-target-133337941.html

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

TO BE FAIR, THIS PROBABLY HAS MORE TO DO WITH WOKE DISNEY’S WORSENING BOX-OFFICE PERFORMANCE AND MONEY-LOSING STREAMING SERVICE: 

“Disney stock was trading at $133.65 a share when Chapek accused DeSantis of promoting legislation that would “unfairly target gay, lesbian, nonbinary, and transgender kids and families.”

Disney shares opened at $89.44 and continued to fall on Wednesday ahead of DeSantis’s formal entry into the 2024 presidential campaign.”

https://freebeacon.com/culture/disney-stock-down-33-percent-since-ceo-instigated-feud-with-desantis/

The DeSantis feud is not related to the worsening stock, the fallout from the Reedy Creek deal will be minimal in the short term, but Disney will have to pay a bit more in taxes in the long run. The stock drop is producing terrible movies and running the parks by trying to squeeze people in new ways. The old way was you paid a ton of money but it was all done, now every little thing is monetized and it pissed people off. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Then might I respectfully suggest that every time you toss around the pejorative ‘commie’ label you’re actually falling into the same trap? Would anyone (even a lurker) want to hear what you have to say after that? 

You might suggest it, but you'd be wrong.  I toss around the commie label at those proven to be either an actual commie or one who supports them. It's a pejorative that they fully deserve via their stated positions on this forum.

Again I understand your wish to try to have reasonable discussions with unreasonable people. I think it's absolutely pointless, but you have to do you.

Might I suggest at minimum that you please not quote those who you know many here do not wish to engage with on any level?  Simply tag them in your responses if it's not clear that you're addressing them. If more people did that then I promise you the commie references would dwindle as I'd be seeing far less posts from commies. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You might suggest it, but you'd be wrong.  I toss around the commie label at those proven to be either an actual commie or one who supports them. It's a pejorative that they fully deserve via their stated positions on this forum.

Again I understand your wish to try to have reasonable discussions with unreasonable people. I think it's absolutely pointless, but you have to do you.

Might I suggest at minimum that you please not quote those who you know many here do not wish to engage with on any level?  Simply tag them in your responses if it's not clear that you're addressing them. If more people did that then I promise you the commie references would dwindle as I'd be seeing far less posts from commies. 

I’ll try that. But with all due respect, and it’s board-wide respectful discourse  that I’m after, I cannot believe you can’t scroll through a few comments from those you don’t want to hear from. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

LONDON, May 25 (Reuters) - Transgender designer Erik Carnell has seen a surge in demand for his pins, prints, stickers and T-shirts after U.S. retailer Target Corp pulled his products amid a backlash by some customers to its Pride collection, he said on Thursday.

Target's Pride collection included more than 2,000 products from clothes and music to home furnishings, and while several are under review the only ones removed so far from its website and stores are from Carnell's brand Abprallen.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/orders-surge-trans-designer-target-133337941.html

What a mess!

Target.jpg

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll try that. But with all due respect, and it’s board-wide respectful discourse  that I’m after, I cannot believe you can’t scroll through a few comments from those you don’t want to hear from. 

Thank you.

But you're more likely to see @BillStime go 24 hours without posting about Trump before you'll ever get universal respectful discourse on PPP.

I've been here 20 plus years and I've never seen anything resembling respectful discourse here. Sure, it's worse than ever now, but the world is a bigger ***** show now. I seem to recall SDS saying that he regrets ever allowing this sub forum to exist in the first place and I can't say that I blame him.

I could scroll through the "content", but its much cleaner and a better board experience with them on ignore....until someone quotes them.

Edited by BillsFanNC

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Thank you.

But you're more likely to see @BillStime go 24 hours without posting about Trump before you'll ever get universal respectful discourse on PPP.

I've been here 20 plus years and I've never seen anything resembling respectful discourse here. Sure, it's worse than ever now, but the world is a bigger ***** show now. I seem to recall SDS saying that he regrets ever allowing this sub forum to exist in the first place and I can't say that I blame him.

I could scroll through the "content", but its much cleaner and a better board experience with them on ignore....until someone quotes them.

As I’ve often said….be the change you want to see in the world. 

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As I’ve often said….be the change you want to see in the world. 

I do appreciate your noble efforts. I truly do. I just know with 100% certainty that it's entirely pointless.  Its not about finding common ground anymore because there is none. It's now about defeating the enemy within or be defeated. I was 100% with you up until recent years, so the change I've already gone through IS the change I want. 

People who are actively participating in and/or cheering for the destruction of our nation deserve nothing less than scorn, derision and to be completely shunned.

But that's just me.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I do appreciate your noble efforts. I truly do. I just know with 100% certainty that it's entirely pointless.  Its not about finding common ground anymore because there is none. It's now about defeating the enemy within or be defeated. I was 100% with you up until recent years, so the change I've already gone through IS the change I want. 

People who are actively participating in and/or cheering for the destruction of our nation deserve nothing less than scorn, derision and to be completely shunned.

But that's just me.

And you believe that they’re all communists? I highly doubt most of them when know a communist from an orangutan. 😉

49 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The DeSantis feud is not related to the worsening stock, the fallout from the Reedy Creek deal will be minimal in the short term, but Disney will have to pay a bit more in taxes in the long run. The stock drop is producing terrible movies and running the parks by trying to squeeze people in new ways. The old way was you paid a ton of money but it was all done, now every little thing is monetized and it pissed people off. 

There's very little in the way of creativity coming out of the studio.  You can only remake old classics while replacing the original cast and roles with the current standard diversity quota formula used for casting and the script.  Who could have guessed The Little Mermaid re-make would have cast a Black actress as the lead?  What was once cutting edge is now boring and predictable.  And all new movies or series must adhere to the formula.  No thinking outside the formula is allowed.  IMO, they even managed to ruin Star Wars.  When will it end?  Maybe a couple movies on the previous life experiences of CP3O and R2D2. 

The theme park admission fees, charges, hotels, meals, and merchandise have priced out a lot of consumers.  The idea of spending 1,000's of dollars and going through a death march in the Summer heat and humidity in Orlando while waiting forever in long lines and dragging around two small children isn't an exciting prospect (one thing for certain Disney isn't going put that in their promotional material!).

And slowing consumer spending and strained household budgets aren't helping Disney.  Its really discretionary type spending which gets hit hard during recessions and that is a certainty.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you believe that they’re all communists? I highly doubt most of them when know a communist from an orangutan. 😉

Nope. See other thread.

Some are commies. Most are the useful idiots who support them.

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

100% agree. Their latest movies are either bland remakes of classics (Little Mermaid) or really crummy animated junk (Strange World). Plus, the Star Wars “$5000-a-night to eat dyed shrimp” hotel has completely bombed.

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

But that's just me.

I don’t think any of us are completely defined by our political beliefs. I’ve met many damn good people on both sides with completely opposite views on the world. We all develop our opinions based on our different life experiences and environments we grow up in. 

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

disney plus subscribers are plummeting….

for a company poised to crush it coming out of the pandemic, they fumbled.  They’ve polluted the brand that was built on wholesome family entertainment by injecting political divisiveness that goes against their base. 

Hopefully they can make up their losses with Mickey logoed assless chaps.. 😂 

• Like (+1) 2