Go Woke. Go Broke.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 9:29 PM, BillStime said:

🎯

Imagine defining yourself by being against a man who started no wars, had relative peace in the middle east, and had a booming economy because he is a jerk, must be a sad existence. 

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Imagine defining yourself by being against a man who started no wars, had relative peace in the middle east, and had a booming economy because he is a jerk, must be a sad existence. 

And no cocaine in the White House.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Sounds like you're envious.  How much do you earn per eyeroll here?

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

WTH is wrong with these people? This is a leading institution of best and brightest?? 

I hope the alumni close the check books. 

Laughable - people crying about grifters.

Also - make sure you keep sending him money and don't you dare uncheck the recurring gift flag.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca54c6420fa497c1505fff7de2b2b2d9.jpeg

Billionaire Victoria's Secret founder Leslie Wexner has officially cut all ties and financial support to Harvard in a blistering letter after Harvard's "dismal failure" condemning the Hamas terror attacks. 

Hamas Harvard: FAFO. 

"We are stunned and sickened by the dismal failure of Harvard’s leadership to take a clear and unequivocal stance against the barbaric murders of innocent Israeli civilians," their nonprofit said.

"Harvard’s leadership were indeed tiptoeing, equivocating, and we, like former Harvard President Larry Summers cannot ‘fathom the administration’s failure to disassociate the university and condemn the statement’ swiftly." 

“That should not have been that hard."

"In the absence of this clear moral stand, we have determined that the Harvard Kennedy School and the Wexner Foundation are no longer compatible partners."

Yikes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

WTH is wrong with these people? This is a leading institution of best and brightest?? 

I hope the alumni close the check books. 

I wish more of the very affluent would stop giving to Colleges/Universities.   My wife and I used to give every year to our alma matter's but realized we were funding institutions that no longer reflected our values.  Additionally, what "greater good" would our donation go toward, a new jumbotron, maybe renovations to the offices of a pompous do-nothing professor or some other nonsense?  All you get in return is a form thank you letter with membership in the "gold" club.

Now we donate to small charitable organizations, food pantries, public libraries, etc.  The heartfelt responses we have received from many of these places really choke you up.  Wish we would have gone in this direction for our charitable donations years ago. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Billionaire Victoria's Secret founder Leslie Wexner has officially cut all ties and financial support to Harvard in a blistering letter after Harvard's "dismal failure" condemning the Hamas terror attacks. 

Hamas Harvard: FAFO. 

"We are stunned and sickened by the dismal failure of Harvard’s leadership to take a clear and unequivocal stance against the barbaric murders of innocent Israeli civilians," their nonprofit said.

"Harvard’s leadership were indeed tiptoeing, equivocating, and we, like former Harvard President Larry Summers cannot ‘fathom the administration’s failure to disassociate the university and condemn the statement’ swiftly." 

“That should not have been that hard."

"In the absence of this clear moral stand, we have determined that the Harvard Kennedy School and the Wexner Foundation are no longer compatible partners."

Yikes.

Ouch.  And good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This was a poor choice by them

But come on you listen to victim mentality all day long coming from the right let’s not get self-righteous here

Silly spin and strawman.  Victimhood mentality is a defective thought process.  

Your issue with trying to make it binary and partisan. 

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of woke, I recently upgraded on Verizon to the iPhone 15.  Unbeknownst to me, my old plan that included DIsney+, Hulu and ESPN+ went poof!  I wonder how many subscribers they're going to lose because of that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Narcissists that think they're all "special"

Narcissism with some victimhood mentality.

Bet she is already posting about the racist cop and how she is going to sue.  cause she is the victim.

Never mind what a head on accident could have resulted in.

Big Business Learns the Hard Way Why You Don't Sell Out to Woke Democrats

While the George Floyd riots of 2020 pushed many corporations to deeply invest in woke ideology, the trend of big business pushing far-left ideology goes back much further. One company that proudly placed itself on the cutting edge of the modern social justice movement was Pepsi. 

The perennially second-place beverage company jumped on the bandwagon with a now-infamous advertisement involving social justice protests and Kendall Jenner. Within a week, the move had created such a backlash from the left wing it was trying to court that the ad was pulled down. Naturally, no lessons were learned, though. Instead, Pepsi doubled down again and again, desperately seeking Democratic Party approval like a sad stalker peering into their obsession's window. 

Still, one might have argued that it was a calculated move, meant to provide protection from an ever-growing, aggressive group of partisans. Of course, such an argument would be predicated on said protection actually being provided. 

On that note, Pepsi is learning the hard way why selling out to woke Democrats is a bad idea. New York AG Letitia James is suing the company for billions of dollars, claiming that its use of plastics harms the environment. 

Continuing a theme of putting forth absurd lawsuits, James is now charging that Pepsi is responsible for people who buy their products and don't properly discard their trash. It's akin to suggesting that car manufacturers are responsible for drivers who drive drunk. According to James, had Pepsi used biodegradable materials, none of this would be an issue, thus, they need to pay the State of New York an exorbitant amount of money.

Do I feel bad for Pepsi, though? Not even a little bit. 

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/11/15/big-business-learns-the-hard-way-why-you-dont-sell-out-to-woke-democrats-n2166388

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Things like mangers, chestnuts roasting on an open fire, and leaving cookies for Santa are all so very heteronormative and therefore hate-filled. 

I expect this to go over especially well. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

12 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Things like mangers, chestnuts roasting on an open fire, and leaving cookies for Santa are all so very heteronormative and therefore hate-filled. 

I expect this to go over especially well. 

• Haha (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We always shop Target... all the more reason to still shop there. Don't see Target going "broke" anytime soon so long as Wal-Mart remains redneck paradise 😂

Walmart is a little too high brow for rednecks nowadays. They prefer the Dollar General at the other end of the ol’ county road next to the abandoned coal mine.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Walmart is a little too high brow for rednecks nowadays. They prefer the Dollar General at the other end of the ol’ county road next to the abandoned coal mine.

Family Dollar is the worst one here... they built a new Dollar General down the street because the other one was closed due to infestation 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We always shop Target... all the more reason to still shop there. Don't see Target going "broke" anytime soon so long as Wal-Mart remains redneck paradise 😂

I always laugh when I'm at target.  It's a bunch of other normies that are willing to spend a penny more to not be considered a wall mart redneck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I always laugh when I'm at target.  It's a bunch of other normies that are willing to spend a penny more to not be considered a wall mart redneck.

I worked for Wal-Mart 30 years ago so that's why I can spell it correctly. Standards for the stores dropped off significantly after Sam Walton's oversight over the company faded, and it's no surprise that rednecks don't care and why I don't shop there at all.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I worked for Wal-Mart 30 years ago so that's why I can spell it correctly. Standards for the stores dropped off significantly after Sam Walton's oversight over the company faded, and it's no surprise that rednecks don't care and why I don't shop there at all.

last one I was at was in Henrietta.  Didn't see many rednecks in it.

the replies to your post, kind of confirm my comment.

people in the bottom half spending a penny more so they don't have to rub elbows with the poor's.

And in the big picture. that's how they all have went as they went from private ownership to public. where the only goal is increased NPAT and profits to the shareholders.

outside of the Waltons relatives, it's all investors 

Vanguard Group, Inc., which holds 4.84% of Walmart's shares, worth about $18.3 billion.

BlackRock, Inc., which holds 3.60% of Walmart's shares, worth about $13.6 billion.

State Street Corporation, which holds 2.11% of Walmart's shares, worth about $9.4 billion.

Geode Capital Management, LLC, which holds 1.12% of Walmart's shares, worth about $4 billion.

here is target.

The Vanguard Group, Inc., which owns 9.3% of the shares, or 42.27 million shares, worth $6.22 billion.

BlackRock, Inc., which owns 8.2% of the shares, or 37.54 million shares, worth $5.52 billion.

State Street Global Advisors, Inc., which owns 7.4% of the shares, or 33.86 million shares, worth $4.98 billion.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

They put flesh-colored makeup on their necks...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

In my neck of the woods Walmarts and the dollar stores are full of non-english speaking immigrants flown up from Texas in the middle of the night by DHS. 

To find rednecks you need to travel west 30+ miles across the Delaware into Pennsylvania.  By the looks of them they kills their own food and make their own clothes.  And voted for Fetterman because he's a way smart fellow out there.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Maybe its me but when I hear the words  diversity, equity, and inclusion I get a little creeped out because they sound kind of "cultish".  Like stuff from some 60's Hippie commune.  Peace dudes..

To me it signals more erosion of standards. 

• Like (+1) 1