Four roster needs the Bills still must address

BillsFan619

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

If they think we need more rb's then I question their knowledge of the team. 

Exactly-the article could’ve been written so much quicker by simply saying “i don’t really know so I’m going to choose 3 random positions and then LB because Edmunds is gone” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills look good overall. It's mainly staying healthy, getting a good start in the division, and executing more consistently throughout the season and hitting the playoffs playing their best football.

Another proven edge rusher would be ideal.

I'm fine with RB, DT (for this year). We will see if McDermott calling the defense makes the loss of Edmunds less impactful than we may currently think/believe.

Let's get these rookies going and hope this draft class produces some starters and quality depth with cheaper contracts.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 4

I think “must” is a terrible word to use in this case.

I think we’re set @ RB

ILB would be nice, but I don’t think it’s in our plans unless a vet will take the minimum

OT should be addressed….. but the FO sadly disagree.  Maybe one of our 11 IOL can swing outside.  

DT-  we have 5 solid DTs.  We don’t have room on the roster for another unless we cut settle or trade Ed.  I hope we keep Ee at this point.  He should play like his hair is on fire this season 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think “must” is a terrible word to use in this case.

I think we’re set @ RB

ILB would be nice, but I don’t think it’s in our plans unless a vet will take the minimum

OT should be addressed….. but the FO sadly disagree.  Maybe one of our 11 IOL can swing outside.  

DT-  we have 5 solid DTs.  We don’t have room on the roster for another unless we cut settle or trade Ed.  I hope we keep Ee at this point.  He should play like his hair is on fire this season 

The bigger problem with DT is going to be next year as we will be over the cap next year and all of them are going to be FAs.

• Agree 2

There is another aspect of the Bills roster that has to do with depth at specific positions.  You might think player X at position Y is in pretty good shape and doesnt need addressing, but what about their backups(s)??  Eveyone thought the Bills were set at safety last year, and look what happened when Poyer and Hyde went down.

What position can they least afford to lose due to injury because you dont trust their backups, but their position is essential to success?..Dawkins?..Milano??..unfortunately, it is the NFL and starters WILL get injured.

Our OLine is too deep if anything.  We improved the interior oline talent and depth dramatically.  Beane trades an oline man every year.  Thats because there is a dearth of oline players in the NFL, and its a numbers game, the Bills have 13 quality lineman.  Beane is not giving away OL, and we arent keeping more than 10.  9 pick’s already next years draft, go get more Beane.  Beane is a wizard

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

ILB

DT

RB

Offensive Line

Does the mafia agree? Thoughts?

Here’s the full article if you want to take a deep dive: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/4-roster-needs-bills-still-114503349.html

Go Bills!

ILB I agree with, the OL depends on if Spencer Brown is actually better than he showed as the Bills believe. The other two are stupid, I feel WR is still more questionable than RB, and DE is more questionable than DT until Miller comes back. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Question, if Von Miller can’t return or is a lesser player are we good with edge?

It is time for Basham and Epenesa to step up here.   Epenesa is entering his final season and if he has a great season, the BIlls have a chance to win the SB and for him to get a big contract somewhere.  

• Agree 2

Poorly written article headline. The Bills have addressed all these areas — the question is, is what they've done sufficient.

I'd say for RB and O-line Yes, for DT yes as well (question for edge), and ILB is a maybe but no surprise if the answer is no.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

The bigger problem with DT is going to be next year as we will be over the cap next year and all of them are going to be FAs.

I think they will address this issue before the season starts. Would still like to see the Bills give Da'Quon Jones an extension.

I'm not worried about the salary cap. We avoided issues with it this year, we can do it again next year.

Although I would like to see the Bills make up considerable space in the cap, and then sign Josh Allen from the Jaguars.

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

ILB

DT

RB

Offensive Line

Does the mafia agree? Thoughts?

Here’s the full article if you want to take a deep dive: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/4-roster-needs-bills-still-114503349.html

Go Bills!

Strange that you would post this at this time of the year

With the exception of a Veteran rush defender, the bills are done addressing needs

We have to look at our roster. That’s what we’ve got after free agency and draft.

41 minutes ago, ganesh said:

It is time for Basham and Epenesa to step up here.   Epenesa is entering his final season and if he has a great season, the BIlls have a chance to win the SB and for him to get a big contract somewhere.  

The weird thing about Epenesa is that I barely remember seeing him play last season, yet he somehow got 6.5 sacks. I think most of them came late in blowouts after the game was in hand and Von Miller was taken out.

We don't have any DT's under contract beyond this season, so AJ Epenesa, DaQuan Jones, Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips, Poona Ford, Shaw Lawson, and Ed Oliver are all in contract years. I think they will all be playing hungry to win a Superbowl, prove their value, and then get a big deal in free agency. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.