Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Just now, Mr Info said:

Just booked my Bills Stadium Experience for March 19 @3:30 pm. The info indicates it will take 90 minutes.

Awesome. Mind me asking are you a suite holder? Club seat member? General admission? And what your suite/club/seat seniority is. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Just booked my Bills Stadium Experience for March 19 @3:30 pm. The info indicates it will take 90 minutes.

I did the same thing with a timeshare. Be prepared for the sales pitch and be prepared to walk out. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

Awesome. Mind me asking are you a suite holder? Club seat member? General admission? And what your suite/club/seat seniority is. 

I am a club seat holder but less than 7 years. I am also a lower bowl STH for 30 years but do not believe that entered into the priority.

1 minute ago, Mr Info said:

I am a club seat holder but less than 7 years. I am also a lower bowl STH for 30 years but do not believe that entered into the priority.

Yeah I was told numerous times that the lower bowl seniority won’t factor in for the club members. Clubs will have first access to the new stadium then the seniority of the lower bowl comes into play. Awesome. Interested to hear about your experience. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah I was told numerous times that the lower bowl seniority won’t factor in for the club members. Clubs will have first access to the new stadium then the seniority of the lower bowl comes into play. Awesome. Interested to hear about your experience. 

I spoke with the new stadium STH rep and mentioned that I also had lower bowl season tickets which she saw on my account. I asked whether I could combine these 4 together in club seats in the new stadium and she said yes. That surprised me a little as I was expecting equal exchange in STH club # of seats in the new stadium.

10 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I spoke with the new stadium STH rep and mentioned that I also had lower bowl season tickets which she saw on my account. I asked whether I could combine these 4 together in club seats in the new stadium and she said yes. That surprised me a little as I was expecting equal exchange in STH club # of seats in the new stadium.

That’s pretty informative. Actually shocked they would allow that. But something telling me the amount of club seats is going to be about 3x as many as what’s in the current stadium. 

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

Did you reach out to them, or did they call you?  I’ve had my club seats for 20 years now and the only contact so far was an introductory email from the new STH rep. 

47 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Did you reach out to them, or did they call you?  I’ve had my club seats for 20 years now and the only contact so far was an introductory email from the new STH rep. 

Same here. I emailed my rep yesterday but no response yet. 

42 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

First my current club seat rep contacted me and informed me about the new stadium rep who would be following up with me. Then the new rep called me a few days later and discussed attending the stadium experience. I noted to her that I am a remote STH and not in the area often but planned to be there in March. Then today I received the invite from her. On the Bills Stadium Experience site, I could select the date & time for my appt. and whether I was bringing any guests (up to 3). 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

First my current club seat rep contacted me and informed me about the new stadium rep who would be following up with me. Then the new rep called me a few days later and discussed attending the stadium experience. I noted to her that I am a remote STH and not in the area often but planned to be there in March. Then today I received the invite from her. On the Bills Stadium Experience site, I could select the date & time for my appt. and whether I was bringing any guests (up to 3). 

Thanks for the info….. Mr Info

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

I’ll say it again….this all sounds more and more like a timeshare sales presentation than anything else….which isn’t a good thing! I’ve been Mr Optimistic through all of my posts on the new stadium, but I’m rapidly changing my mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll say it again….this all sounds more and more like a timeshare sales presentation than anything else….which isn’t a good thing! I’ve been Mr Optimistic through all of my posts on the new stadium, but I’m rapidly changing my mind. 

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

59 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I mean obviously their goal and the point of this is to sell new season tickets and get people to commit(PSL's and all)...what exactly were you expecting?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

so many people gonna wonder how they ended up with a Marriott Vacation Club account in a few weeks 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I mean obviously their goal and the point of this is to sell new season tickets and get people to commit(PSL's and all)...what exactly were you expecting?

I wasn't expecting them to use the high pressure tactics that are EXACTLY like those infamously assigned to the Time Share industry. This is the 21st Century. All of this smells like something out of the 1950s. 

• Dislike 1

As long as we're talking about timeshares, I'll give a typical, lovely, first hand experience with timeshare shenanigans. LOL

We were in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, walking on the Parkway, when we saw a "free tickets" booth (for local shows/you pick one show). Only catch was you had to give them $20 cash (refundable if you show up to their spiel), and attend a 60 minute presentation....it was billed as including breakfast. Get there the next morning and the breakfast was crappy, small donuts and coffee. Temperature in the conference room was about 65°. After an hour we wanted to get out of there, but they were still going strong, and made it nearly impossible to leave, but at 80 minutes we were finally able to leave and go to a counter to get our show tickets and our $20 cash...that took about 20 more minutes in line at the counter, and then they didn’t give us cash though, it was a check which we could only cash at a certain bank in town. We did go to that bank and get our $20, just out of spite.

The really crazy thing is that we actually were interested in buying in to the program, but after the way we were treated, no way in h*ll was that going to happen. And it took the briefer FOREVER to get to the actual cost of the program.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

As long as we're talking about timeshares, I'll give a typical, lovely, first hand experience with timeshare shenanigans. LOL

We were in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, walking on the Parkway, when we saw a "free tickets" booth (for local shows/you pick one show). Only catch was you had to give them $20 cash (refundable if you show up to their spiel), and attend a 60 minute presentation....it was billed as including breakfast. Get there the next morning and the breakfast was crappy, small donuts and coffee. Temperature in the conference room was about 65°. After an hour we wanted to get out of there, but they were still going strong, and made it nearly impossible to leave, but at 80 minutes we were finally able to leave and go to a counter to get our show tickets and our $20 cash...that took about 20 more minutes in line at the counter, and then they didn’t give us cash though, it was a check which we could only cash at a certain bank in town. We did go to that bank and get our $20, just out of spite.

The really crazy thing is that we actually were interested in buying in to the program, but after the way we were treated, no way in h*ll was that going to happen. And it took the briefer FOREVER to get to the actual cost of the program.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well, think about it, we're talking about a county where the median income is 68k.  That's not exactly a honey hole for PSLs and tix in the $200-400 range per game.  

They're definitely working it.  It is a business.  I'm sure we'll start hearing some things once those tours begin.  Word and fan sentiment should get out pretty quickly.  

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, think about it, we're talking about a county where the median income is 68k.  That's not exactly a honey hole for PSLs and tix in the $200-400 range per game.  

They're definitely working it.  It is a business.  I'm sure we'll start hearing some things once those tours begin.  Word and fan sentiment should get out pretty quickly.  

Please tell me that the socio economic makeup of WNY isn’t a surprise to the people in charge of this marketing operation. If it is, the Pegulas need to get a new marketing team. Sitting people of less than ample means down in a room and pressuring/guilting them into buying something they can’t afford (or being less than up front with the actual cost of this investment’) is NO WAY to treat your loyal customers. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Please tell me that the socio economic makeup of WNY isn’t a surprise to the people in charge of this marketing operation. If it is, the Pegulas need to get a new marketing team. Sitting people of less than ample means down in a room and pressuring/guilting them into buying something they can’t afford (or being less than up front with the actual cost of this investment’) is NO WAY to treat your loyal customers. 

No argument here.  

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes but nobody is forcing the Buffalo Bills season ticket holders to buy PSL’s they have mouths they can say no. At the end of day NFL football like anything else is a business. The bottom line like others have said the Bills organization knows this is going to be a hard sell. That is why I said at a point when the Bills can’t sell a lot of the not so great seats in the end zones the Bills are going to have to make hard decisions about PSL’s. Also Bills fans should keep in mind the owner they are defending as wonderful, wonderful makes what between $20 to $30 million a year right now on the Buffalo Bills through television, merchandise and gate.

How much money and profits is enough? Think about that $20 million dollar? The average person would have trouble spending that in a life time if you live a modest lifestyle. Terry Pegula makes that for one year off of the Buffalo Bills. Also this is the same so called Buffalo fan owner is doing business with a snake in Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones. If Bills fans can’t figure that out and get taken by the Bills that is on them. Again 50 yard line tickets sure they will be hot PSL’s. But end zone Bills seating or worse standing room I wouldn’t pay a dime for PSL’s wait out Terry Pegula on Bills season tickets like that. The Bills organization will eventually panic as we get closer to the new Bills stadium opening and you hear there is no PSL’s on those not so great seats. If Bills fans run down there sign up for PSL’s sure Terry Pegula will laugh all the way to the bank. I don’t feel sorry for Bills fans because they can say no like I said. I wouldn’t even show up for the Bills experience. Yes it’s a nice new clean shiny stadium that will smell like beer and throw up in 5 years like the present Bills stadium. So no PSL’s for Buffalo Super Fan wait out the Bills organization they will give in on the PSL’s because they aren’t going to want to embarrass themselves with empty seats in rows of sections in a brand new stadium the NFL and television doesn’t like that stuff in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Yes but nobody is forcing the Buffalo Bills season ticket holders to buy PSL’s they have mouths they can say no. At the end of day NFL football like anything else is a business. The bottom line like others have said the Bills organization knows this is going to be a hard sell. That is why I said at a point when the Bills can’t sell a lot of the not so great seats in the end zones the Bills are going to have to make hard decisions about PSL’s. Also Bills fans should keep in mind the owner they are defending as wonderful, wonderful makes what between $20 to $30 million a year right now on the Buffalo Bills through television, merchandise and gate.

How much money and profits is enough? Think about that $20 million dollar? The average person would have trouble spending that in a life time if you live a modest lifestyle. Terry Pegula makes that for one year off of the Buffalo Bills. Also this is the same so called Buffalo fan owner is doing business with a snake in Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones. If Bills fans can’t figure that out and get taken by the Bills that is on them. Again 50 yard line tickets sure they will be hot PSL’s. But end zone Bills seating or worse standing room I wouldn’t pay a dime for PSL’s wait out Terry Pegula on Bills season tickets like that. The Bills organization will eventually panic as we get closer to the new Bills stadium opening and you hear there is no PSL’s on those not so great seats. If Bills fans run down there sign up for PSL’s sure Terry Pegula will laugh all the way to the bank. I don’t feel sorry for Bills fans because they can say no like I said. I wouldn’t even show up for the Bills experience. Yes it’s a nice new clean shiny stadium that will smell like beer and throw up in 5 years like the present Bills stadium. So no PSL’s for Buffalo Super Fan wait out the Bills organization they will give in on the PSL’s because they aren’t going to want to embarrass themselves with empty seats in rows of sections in a brand new stadium the NFL and television doesn’t like that stuff in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

But won't that just open up a large amount of seats for people looking to just flip tickets each week?

I honestly have no idea the rules or economics of these things, but I'd assume there's a market for people buying up seats at any NFL stadium for the explicit reason to resell tickets. Can people who live nowhere near the market buy PSLs to then secure seating to resell to visiting team fans? If so, we might see a larger % of away team fans than we currently do.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think you are completely delusional if you think they are going to go back on the PSLs. Even if they do, I would just imagine they raise the ticket prices even more in those sections to counter it. Time will tell I guess. 

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Pegulas are putting everything in the hands of Legends. Who may or may not be clueless to the area and what is affordable. But I’ll continue to believe that nothing is going to change.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

My issue is NOT with the Bills trying to make money or sell seats. I’d absolutely expect them to. But if you’ve ever sat in a timeshare presentation you’d know it’s one of the most deceitful sales techniques used today. In fact it’s notoriously so! What I’m reading about the ‘Experience’ is that it’s being set up exactly like one of those presentations; and not by accident. 

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Previously they would not sell season tickets to out of state buyers and now they are targeting them.  Because I a Bills Backers club president with 500+ members I was sent an email about opportunity to join the Bills Mafia and buy season tickets and if we had a group interested they would be kept together.  I told them no I was not interested buying season tickets.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My issue is NOT with the Bills trying to make money or sell seats. I’d absolutely expect them to. But if you’ve ever sat in a timeshare presentation you’d know it’s one of the most deceitful sales techniques used today. In fact it’s notoriously so! What I’m reading about the ‘Experience’ is that it’s being set up exactly like one of those presentations; and not by accident. 

How about you go to the actual experience before you whine all over the Internet about it. Of course it's a ***** sales pitch. They're trying to sell you something. 

Weirdo.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ET1062 said:

I hope I get the sales rep who doesn’t get coffee.

Coffee is for closers.  

Your luck they will drink Red Bull with cocaine in it and you’ll have the most expensive seats in the house and donate to Terrys foundation for fueling his yatch 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I realize that $20 million sounds like a lot, and it is. But do the math and you realize it’s a rather paltry return on a $1.4 BILLION investment. I can do better in a checking account. Their operating profits are significant but not outrageous. The real ROI comes from the appreciation of the franchise. 

The “how much is too much” argument only seems to apply when other people are making money. 

Edited by Augie

15 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I get what you're saying. A lot of fans will be priced out. IMO it was either this or the BIlls leave town. 

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

How about you go to the actual experience before you whine all over the Internet about it. Of course it's a ***** sales pitch. They're trying to sell you something. 

Weirdo.

Yeah, I don’t get the analogy.  It’s JUST like a timeshare condo pitch, other than you are buying something completely different than a tmeshare? 🤔🤔

25 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Yeah, I don’t get the analogy.  It’s JUST like a timeshare condo pitch, other than you are buying something completely different than a tmeshare? 🤔🤔

Sheeesh. For the love of God! It’s the sales tactic not the product. 🙄

21 hours ago, mrags said:

I think you are completely delusional if you think they are going to go back on the PSLs. Even if they do, I would just imagine they raise the ticket prices even more in those sections to counter it. Time will tell I guess. 

The Pegulas are putting everything in the hands of Legends. Who may or may not be clueless to the area and what is affordable. But I’ll continue to believe that nothing is going to change.

I didn’t say that the Buffalo Bills are going back on PSL’s for the good seats yes but there no way the Buffalo Bills are selling PSL’s to every seat in a 62,000 seats stadium with end zones plus standing room PSL’s. I use to have end zone Buffalo Bills season tickets for like $350 a year give or take during the Drew Bledsoe Bills era. They were easy to give up and go to early single games in the end zones. Those seats aren’t hot you get a better view on big screen televisions today. No way would I pay PSL’s on those seats. That isn’t like 40 or 50 yard line tickets. I don’t care who if it’s Legends or not. Buffalo isn’t Dallas people aren’t signing 10 year M&T Bank loans with interest like a car for the right to buy Bills season tickets that is delusional in this market. I don’t care how good the Bills are especially when you can watch the Bills on television for electricity and a cable bill. Even a dome wouldn’t help that. Time will tell but the Bills fudge numbers now what the attendance is to make it like the Bills are a hard ticket. That is without PSL’s. I say no way Legends sell 62,000 PSL’s. They will wait until the very end then secretly just sell the cheap seats with no PSL’s and the Bills fans with ants in their pants will be ticked off but your stuck you signed the contract instead of waiting. That is what the NFL is all about selling hype and they hope enough fans are interested in buying the hype. Like real estate agents you don’t want to wait you won’t get the house if you sleep on it all to get the sale. When reality there will be other houses. Let me ask you something Bills fans are able to get tickets now in stadiums with PSL’s on the road. Think about it there is always a way to get individual football tickets so no I don’t think I would buy PSL’s unless I had great seats end zones with a party deck bar isn’t worth 10 year bank notes to pay M&T Bank with interest for the right to buy end zone Bills tickets. You can drink at your own party bar at home with a better Bills viewing experience in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

On 3/8/2024 at 10:58 AM, Mr Info said:

Deets when your done.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:21 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I wasn't expecting them to use the high pressure tactics that are EXACTLY like those infamously assigned to the Time Share industry. This is the 21st Century. All of this smells like something out of the 1950s. 

They can tap dance all they want. All I want to know is what can I afford. Give me a rate card and a break down of amenities.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I didn’t say that the Buffalo Bills are going back on PSL’s for the good seats yes but there no way the Buffalo Bills are selling PSL’s to every seat in a 62,000 seats stadium with end zones plus standing room PSL’s. I use to have end zone Buffalo Bills season tickets for like $350 a year give or take during the Drew Bledsoe Bills era. They were easy to give up and go to early single games in the end zones. Those seats aren’t hot you get a better view on big screen televisions today. No way would I pay PSL’s on those seats. That isn’t like 40 or 50 yard line tickets. I don’t care who if it’s Legends or not. Buffalo isn’t Dallas people aren’t signing 10 year M&T Bank loans with interest like a car for the right to buy Bills season tickets that is delusional in this market. I don’t care how good the Bills are especially when you can watch the Bills on television for electricity and a cable bill. Even a dome wouldn’t help that. Time will tell but the Bills fudge numbers now what the attendance is to make it like the Bills are a hard ticket. That is without PSL’s. I say no way Legends sell 62,000 PSL’s. They will wait until the very end then secretly just sell the cheap seats with no PSL’s and the Bills fans with ants in their pants will be ticked off but your stuck you signed the contract instead of waiting. That is what the NFL is all about selling hype and they hope enough fans are interested in buying the hype. Like real estate agents you don’t want to wait you won’t get the house if you sleep on it all to get the sale. When reality there will be other houses. Let me ask you something Bills fans are able to get tickets now in stadiums with PSL’s on the road. Think about it there is always a way to get individual football tickets so no I don’t think I would buy PSL’s unless I had great seats end zones with a party deck bar isn’t worth 10 year bank notes to pay M&T Bank with interest for the right to buy end zone Bills tickets. You can drink at your own party bar at home with a better Bills viewing experience in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo

Yeah I read all that. And everything you said before. And I 100% think you are delusional. I had season tix in the end zones for 12+ years. Now I’m in the clubs. I know both sides of it. And I don’t think there is any way that we are going to end PSLs in any section. Minus maybe the standing only party deck. Believe what you want. Your wrong. 

oh, and breaths and paragraphs helps. You’re gonna give yourself an aneurism. 

• Haha (+1) 1