Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I’d imagine they will have considerably more parking after the old stadium is torn down for many different things. Still doesn’t help with the Disney style parking they make you go through.  People want to park and be next to their friends and family. Creating one giant party area. Add to the fact that you can’t park in nfl lots more than 5 hours prior to kickoff. It’s an nfl policy. The reason we have such crazy tailgates is the multiple lots not team owned that bypass this. 

well, I say that but at the same time the Bills are and have been buying up as many of the small lots as possible. Will they get rid of all of them? Absolutely not. But all the major big ones near by will likely end up being Bills owned in the very near future. Not to mention the trash that tailgates now won’t generally be at the games, as ticket prices will be too crazy and the wine and cheese crowd takes over. 

The problem is there isn’t enough wine and cheese crowd in Western New York. Also if the New Bills Stadium experience becomes Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center with lots of losing you may not like the experience compared to the old stadium? Wine and cheese crowd will run for the ski resorts if the Buffalo Bills suck. What I see is the New Bills Stadium is 2O0 level Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center on steroids with a lot more seats to fill in football than hockey. Some people say ticket brokers will buy all the reminding seats? I have a lot of doubts about that if that was in deed the case Key Bank Center tickets would be all sold for Buffalo Sabres games and it’s not. The Buffalo Sabres aren’t a hard ticket to get it’s like going to a Buffalo Bisons game without the sun, fun that the Bisons game brings. 

The Buffalo Bills fan base isn’t a high end fan base with unlimited money. A lot of the Bills fans have to save just to get season tickets now. Again time will tell and I hope I am wrong that the Buffalo Bills sell all their tickets and PSL’s. But I have lived in Buffalo for 56 years and this area isn’t New York City or Los Angeles or Dallas with deep corporate pockets. I think Buffalo Bills fans that are current season ticket holders are smart they will drop their season tickets to get around the PSL’s and buy tickets on an individual game basis. Buying tickets from Bills fans that can’t go or the Bills organization themselves when they have to wave the white flag on PSL’s which at some point I could see happening after they can’t sell the non prime seats in the new Bills stadium. If Buffalo Bills fans say no to PSL’s doesn’t mean the Bills are leaving because they are stuck for 15 years ironclad lease. Plus the Bills are in bed with New York State now not Erie County anymore. If the Bills try to leave Buffalo they will be sued and an injunction will be issued to stop the Bills from moving. There is no way out other than paying back

the money for the entire new Bills stadium. That isn’t happening so Terry Pegula is stuck and I think Buffalo Bills fans have figured that out.

It just means Terry Pegula isn’t going to be able to double dip getting a completely free stadium he is going to have to put some of his own money into the new Bills stadium and be happy with the $850 million and whatever amount of PSL’s he can sell to the wine and cheese crowd. Making up the difference on PSL’s for his share of the Bills Stadium contribution wise and that old man got the money he is a billionaire drill another oil well whatever.

Buffalo fans are smart when it comes to getting around stuff like this. I think the Buffalo Bills are going to get a real surprise if they don’t know it already and are just trying to hope for the best until they have to deal with parts of the stadium seats not selling well. That doesn’t mean Buffalo doesn’t love the Buffalo Bills but Buffalo also love their homes and family which the Buffalo Bills will never come before people’s families and homes it’s not happening. I personally couldn’t stop laughing when the Bills mentioned 10 years loans with interest to M&T Bank

that will happen when pigs fly. Buffalo fans aren’t going to take out 10 year loans to buy PSL’s for right to buy Bills season tickets. We will see but old Buffalo Super Fan has been around a long time this Buffalo area is the best at being creative. I think they wait out Terry Pegula and remember there are no television blackouts like in Ralph Wilson’s day. So it’s not like the Buffalo Bills fans aren’t going to have access to the Bills games weekly in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/6/2024 at 2:29 PM, mrags said:

I’ve been saying this for 2 years now. Priototu will go to suite members first. Then club seat members. Then the rest of general admission. Based on seniority in those sections. 

yes, most of those multiple tiers will end up being multiple club and suite levels of multiple options. I’m site there will be some general admission seats among them but I’d be willing to bet that most of those tears between the 20s will be all clubs. We’ll see soon enough I guess. Calls to go to the stadium experience should be starting pretty soon now. 

Are you doing the Stadium Experience?  

Love to hear your take afterwards if so.  

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The problem is there isn’t enough wine and cheese crowd in Western New York. Also if the New Bills Stadium experience becomes Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center with lots of losing you may not like the experience compared to the old stadium? Wine and cheese crowd will run for the ski resorts if the Buffalo Bills suck. What I see is the New Bills Stadium is 2O0 level Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center on steroids with a lot more seats to fill in football than hockey. Some people say ticket brokers will buy all the reminding seats? I have a lot of doubts about that if that was in deed the case Key Bank Center tickets would be all sold for Buffalo Sabres games and it’s not. The Buffalo Sabres aren’t a hard ticket to get it’s like going to a Buffalo Bisons game without the sun, fun that the Bisons game brings. 

The Buffalo Bills fan base isn’t a high end fan base with unlimited money. A lot of the Bills fans have to save just to get season tickets now. Again time will tell and I hope I am wrong that the Buffalo Bills sell all their tickets and PSL’s. But I have lived in Buffalo for 56 years and this area isn’t New York City or Los Angeles or Dallas with deep corporate pockets. I think Buffalo Bills fans that are current season ticket holders are smart they will drop their season tickets to get around the PSL’s and buy tickets on an individual game basis. Buying tickets from Bills fans that can’t go or the Bills organization themselves when they have to wave the white flag on PSL’s which at some point I could see happening after they can’t sell the non prime seats in the new Bills stadium. If Buffalo Bills fans say no to PSL’s doesn’t mean the Bills are leaving because they are stuck for 15 years ironclad lease. Plus the Bills are in bed with New York State now not Erie County anymore. If the Bills try to leave Buffalo they will be sued and an injunction will be issued to stop the Bills from moving. There is no way out other than paying back

the money for the entire new Bills stadium. That isn’t happening so Terry Pegula is stuck and I think Buffalo Bills fans have figured that out.

It just means Terry Pegula isn’t going to be able to double dip getting a completely free stadium he is going to have to put some of his own money into the new Bills stadium and be happy with the $850 million and whatever amount of PSL’s he can sell to the wine and cheese crowd. Making up the difference on PSL’s for his share of the Bills Stadium contribution wise and that old man got the money he is a billionaire drill another oil well whatever.

Buffalo fans are smart when it comes to getting around stuff like this. I think the Buffalo Bills are going to get a real surprise if they don’t know it already and are just trying to hope for the best until they have to deal with parts of the stadium seats not selling well. That doesn’t mean Buffalo doesn’t love the Buffalo Bills but Buffalo also love their homes and family which the Buffalo Bills will never come before people’s families and homes it’s not happening. I personally couldn’t stop laughing when the Bills mentioned 10 years loans with interest to M&T Bank

that will happen when pigs fly. Buffalo fans aren’t going to take out 10 year loans to buy PSL’s for right to buy Bills season tickets. We will see but old Buffalo Super Fan has been around a long time this Buffalo area is the best at being creative. I think they wait out Terry Pegula and remember there are no television blackouts like in Ralph Wilson’s day. So it’s not like the Buffalo Bills fans aren’t going to have access to the Bills games weekly in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

What kind of wine and cheese do Bills fans like

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, haroldwaide said:

Just got off the phone with my new stadium rep.

62,000 seats PLUS a standing room only section under the video board which, if memory serves be right, can hold up to an ADDITIONAL 5000 people.  We aren't losing nearly the number if seats people claim.

I'm currently in 226 and, yes, I have to get something comparable in the new stadium. FWIW all of the 300, 200 are impacted by the canopy, as well as some of the 100s.  Sounds like the pictures don't do that thing justice.

Just to give everyone an idea of a timeline, my date, as a club level ticket holder, will probably be in 4 or 5 months, so this will take some time, but I have a feeling it will be well worth it.

I've heard about the SRO section(s).  I actually prefer that.  They've been doing that in Europe for soccer stadiums for decades, it's a great idea.  

I'm curious if, as in Europe, they'll have bars that you can lean on in those sections, which are also kind of nice.   

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

What kind of wine and cheese do Bills fans like

Bleu Cheese

Not sure about the wine.  

:D  

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Are you doing the Stadium Experience?  

Love to hear your take afterwards if so.  

I will be as soon as they call me and offer it 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

As to Pegula "being stuck for 15 years," correct me if I'm mistaken, but my understanding of the deal is that if he moves the team, all he has to legally pay back via the existing contractual obligation, is the $850 million that the state and county kicked in.  

If that's true, seems to me that it's not really much of an impediment to moving.  Think about it, you're having difficulties filling the seats here, but for less than $1B you can move to a huge city, perhaps a foreign one, where you'll be reimbursed that < $1B and make a lot more money elsewhere.  

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think you are completely delusional about what’s about to happen. You’re even more delusional if you think hockey games even come close to the draw of the NFL. NHL hockey is like the 6th most popular sport in this country. Behind Football, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, NASCAR. They will have no general issue selling out these seats. It’s only to depend on how many wine and cheese fans get them, and how many brokers get them. The days of the 20 year old drunks flying through tables are over once this new building comes. Sure you’ll get a little bit of it, but it’s going to be extremely toned down. And to answer the question, yes, a lot of people are going to take advantage of the 10 year option. Especially the few die hard that can’t afford their tix up front. 

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

As to Pegula "being stuck for 15 years," correct me if I'm mistaken, but my understanding of the deal is that if he moves the team, all he has to legally pay back via the existing contractual obligation, is the $850 million that the state and county kicked in.  

If that's true, seems to me that it's not really much of an impediment to moving.  Think about it, you're having difficulties filling the seats here, but for less than $1B you can move to a huge city, perhaps a foreign one, where you'll be reimbursed that < $1B and make a lot more money elsewhere.  

Exactly, any city that wants to take on the Bills will gladly pay the $1B fee to have the rights to the Bills 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think you are completely delusional about what’s about to happen. You’re even more delusional if you think hockey games even come close to the draw of the NFL. NHL hockey is like the 6th most popular sport in this country. Behind Football, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, NASCAR. They will have no general issue selling out these seats. It’s only to depend on how many wine and cheese fans get them, and how many brokers get them. The days of the 20 year old drunks flying through tables are over once this new building comes. Sure you’ll get a little bit of it, but it’s going to be extremely toned down. And to answer the question, yes, a lot of people are going to take advantage of the 10 year option. Especially the few die hard that can’t afford their tix up front. 

Exactly, any city that wants to take on the Bills will gladly pay the $1B fee to have the rights to the Bills 

incredible, how people still believe money is difficult to get or scarce... the abundance, yes, even in WNY is huge. numbers nobody can even fathom. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, DeltaDigital said:

incredible, how people still believe money is difficult to get or scarce... the abundance, yes, even in WNY is huge. numbers nobody can even fathom. 

I used to think differently. There’s plenty of people here with money. The suburbs of Buffalo are full of people with bulging fat pockets. Some of the reason they don’t go to games is because of the game day experience. They don’t want to go to a game to be puked on, insulted, get into fights, freeze their asses off, be dripping wet for 6+ hours. Do I think we would do well with suite/box sales? Probably not. But I think cozy club seats or comfortable covered seats in fairly friendly, ogre free sections will fit their needs nicely. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I’d imagine they will have considerably more parking after the old stadium is torn down for many different things. Still doesn’t help with the Disney style parking they make you go through.  People want to park and be next to their friends and family. Creating one giant party area. Add to the fact that you can’t park in nfl lots more than 5 hours prior to kickoff. It’s an nfl policy. The reason we have such crazy tailgates is the multiple lots not team owned that bypass this. 

well, I say that but at the same time the Bills are and have been buying up as many of the small lots as possible. Will they get rid of all of them? Absolutely not. But all the major big ones near by will likely end up being Bills owned in the very near future. Not to mention the trash that tailgates now won’t generally be at the games, as ticket prices will be too crazy and the wine and cheese crowd takes over. 

Unfortunately, I think you're wrong on this part.   And even if they can't afford a ticket, people still go to the games just for the tailgating.  Granted it's not a large number is my guess but still enough to cause trouble.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Did they say what “comparable” meant? Do you have to choose club level seats. Covered seats. Price range? Etc. And what is your club seniority for reference. 

thanks 

Not sure exactly what was meant by "comparable". But it's my belief that they are starting with suite holders then club holders, then club level seats.  If my understanding is correct, they are starting at midfield and working towards the back of the end zones...I'm at 15 years in my section so I'll probably be called fairly early when my se tion comes up...

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Just for clarity, are you current seats considered to be "club seats?"  I'm trying see if all the seats in the new middle sections that overhang each other are going to be considered club seats, or if regular seat season ticket holders have a shot at them.

My seats are not considered "club " seats.  Just club level.

I assume regular season ticket holders will be able to purchase club seats, if there are any left, on a first come, first served basis because anybody that currently has club seats would have already had their chance.  I hope that makes sense...

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Unfortunately, I think you're wrong on this part.   And even if they can't afford a ticket, people still go to the games just for the tailgating.  Granted it's not a large number is my guess but still enough to cause trouble.

The amount of young heavy drinkers that buy tickets is going to dramatically decrease. Add the fact that the bills are going to own the mass majority of all the parking and the rules and regulations will be policed much heavier than it currently is. You’ll end up seeing that crowd get weeded out fairly quickly imo. You’ll see those people that can’t go to games but want to tailgate dwindle as it’s not as fun as it used to be. 

The Bills will likely own the Bills mafia lot right next door to the abbot rd entrance. Most likely Hammers lot. Probably buy out the mud lot right next to the southwestern entrance as well. There’s many more private lots I’m aware, but keeping those lots farther away from the stadium like on Sheldon rd far enough away that it doesn’t bother or effect the decent human beings. 

Either way, the experience in the stadium will be definitely more tame than it currently is. That’s all that matters to the wine and cheese crowd that literally show up 1hr before game time and crack a bottle of Merlot before heading into the game. 

9 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

Not sure exactly what was meant by "comparable". But it's my belief that they are starting with suite holders then club holders, then club level seats.  If my understanding is correct, they are starting at midfield and working towards the back of the end zones...I'm at 15 years in my section so I'll probably be called fairly early when my se tion comes up...

So everything I’ve been told is they are only classifying sections by account reps. But the seniority in the clubs as a whole is what will determine when you get the call. Don’t believe it’s specific to section. I asked you about “comparable” because you brought it up in regards to seats you would have to take in the new stadium. Did they specifically tell you that you could only choose seats in the section that would be most like yours now in the new stadium? Or did you get the idea that you can move to a different section in the process. 

7 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

My seats are not considered "club " seats.  Just club level.

I assume regular season ticket holders will be able to purchase club seats, if there are any left, on a first come, first served basis because anybody that currently has club seats would have already had their chance.  I hope that makes sense...

I should have read this first. Sorry. 

how are you club level but not club seats? 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I should have read this first. Sorry. 

how are you club level but not club seats? 

I'm in 226.  It's considered club level, but the suites end at 228...no radiant heat for me lol

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I used to think differently. There’s plenty of people here with money. The suburbs of Buffalo are full of people with bulging fat pockets. Some of the reason they don’t go to games is because of the game day experience. They don’t want to go to a game to be puked on, insulted, get into fights, freeze their asses off, be dripping wet for 6+ hours. Do I think we would do well with suite/box sales? Probably not. But I think cozy club seats or comfortable covered seats in fairly friendly, ogre free sections will fit their needs nicely. 

I know when I lived in rochester, we had seasons, and I refused to sit in the 100s... the club sections were PERFECT. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

I know when I lived in rochester, we had seasons, and I refused to sit in the 100s... the club sections were PERFECT. 

Yeah my wife got super annoyed with the drunk kids behind me in the end zones. Had beer spilled on her multiple times. Trouble with kids trying to fit 4 more of their friends in the row without a ticket. Scrunched in like sardines. Pretty sure she came home with a hot dog in her purse once. The Clubs are a much more hospitable place. Way less rowdy. But imo for the price that people will be paying in the new stadium, it’s not only welcomed, it’ll be expected. And that’s why things are going to change big time 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

So everything I’ve been told is they are only classifying sections by account reps. But the seniority in the clubs as a whole is what will determine when you get the call. Don’t believe it’s specific to section. I asked you about “comparable” because you brought it up in regards to seats you would have to take in the new stadium. Did they specifically tell you that you could only choose seats in the section that would be most like yours now in the new stadium? Or did you get the idea that you can move to a different section in the process.

I honestly think there will be "sone" ability to move sections during this process just based on the fact that there will be areas in the new stadium that gave seats where there weren't any before.my guess is if they allowed you to move, you could only move around in the same level but not change levels...

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I've heard about the SRO section(s).  I actually prefer that.  They've been doing that in Europe for soccer stadiums for decades, it's a great idea.  

I'm curious if, as in Europe, they'll have bars that you can lean on in those sections, which are also kind of nice.   

Bleu Cheese

Not sure about the wine.  

:D  

Mad Dog 20/20

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

I'm in 226.  It's considered club level, but the suites end at 228...no radiant heat for me lol

I was not aware that section was considered club level. It’s in the 200s yes but do you have access to the indoor portion of the clubs? 

229 is the last club section on that side btw. I know because my seats are at the very end of 229

5 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

I honestly think there will be "sone" ability to move sections during this process just based on the fact that there will be areas in the new stadium that gave seats where there weren't any before.my guess is if they allowed you to move, you could only move around in the same level but not change levels...

I believe you will be able to downgrade but will not be able to upgrade until everyone else from those upgraded sections have had their chance. But I just emailed my new rep so when I find out more I’ll let people know. 

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Probably Boones Farm and Velveeta. 😂

That was my exact thought.  

1 hour ago, haroldwaide said:

I'm confused.  226 is corner endzone, there are no suites, just the Press Box and indoor club above that.  Are your seats outside?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Do you have inside info or guessing?

It would be stupid of the Bills were not trying to buy up as many lots as possible. And it would be even dumber of the owners if those lots didn’t sell. It’s why the mid lot behind the field house sold last year for a ridiculous amount 

but to answer your question. Yes. I do know the Bills are trying to buy up some of those lots. Which ones I have no idea specifically. But the 2 closest to the new stadium would be dumb for them not to try 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

That was my exact thought.  

I'm confused.  226 is corner endzone, there are no suites, just the Press Box and indoor club above that.  Are your seats outside?  

Yes, they are outside. 

11 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

Yes, they are outside. 

Oh, ok, so you're not in the clubs, you're just in the 200 sections.  And it looks like the Family section.  

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Oh, ok, so you're not in the clubs, you're just in the 200 sections.  And it looks like the Family section.  

I never said they were club seats.  I said club level.  Not sure why you are confused...

3 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

I never said they were club seats.  I said club level.  Not sure why you are confused...

I’ve never heard anyone refer to 200 level seats that aren’t in the clubs as “club level”. I think that’s where the confusion stems from. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I’ve never heard anyone refer to 200 level seats that aren’t in the clubs as “club level”. I think that’s where the confusion stems from. 

The Bills refer to it as club level seating...

12 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

It’s still 200 level seating.  I have a suite right behind my seats, but I don’t call it Suite Level seats.  

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

The Bills refer to it as club level seating...

if your rep told you that I’m afraid you were sold a bunch of goods. It’s 200 level seating not club seats. If you were in the M&T building behind you it would be. Or if you were under the awning and had access to the indoor club levels. I’m not trying to be a dick. I’m trying to educate. Even according to the Bills site they don’t list that section as a club level. 

jjucdrtsiwh7ytnuqut8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

It’s still 200 level seating.  I have a suite right behind my seats, but I don’t call it Suite Level seats.  

Now that’s funny right there. I don’t care who says your not funny. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:37 PM, QCity said:

It's much smaller and my understanding is the land price (which has yet to be released) is not included in that $1.5B figure.

There is no land cost for new stadium since they are using parking lot of old stadium and then going to use old stadium for parking.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

There is no land cost for new stadium since they are using parking lot of old stadium and then going to use old stadium for parking.

I think the point was for how much the Las Vegas stadium has to pay for the land on the LV strip. 

Edited by mrags

6 hours ago, PBF81 said:

It depends.  They eliminated a lot of SRO stadiums, in England particularly, during the serious hooliganism problems and then again after Hillsborough.  It's mandatory to have all-seaters in the top 2 divisions of English football since 1994 and I think UEFA requires them too.  They have different ways of doing standing areas now which seems to be safer than the old way which, if it bears out, would be good because I agree that standing can be more fun.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

At least three mentions of "wine and cheese crowd" in this post. I guess that's meant to stand for wealth, but brother, I am not a rich man and I LOVE wine and I REALLY LOVE cheese. This f&b combination has been helping humans stay sane for literal millennia. 

You might be underestimating demand for Bills season tickets during the Josh Allen experience. I don't deny my own apprehension at the coming PSL bull manure for my own season tickets. But what my family is planning is that the ownership and cost burden of our two tickets, currently owned by myself and my mother, will be expanded to include my sister and her husband in Chicago (both from WNY but making Chicago salaries). Bills tickets will still be cheap enough to justify travel and ticket expense for 2-4 home games for one or both of those two each season, when compared, for example, to Bears tickets. Maybe many Bills fans are already planning such expanded ticket shares to deal with the coming hikes.

Conversely, current Bills season ticket holders should be considering the secondary market resale values of those choice games hosting major market teams and regional stalwarts, like Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, etc. I hate seeing the stadium overrun with opposing fans, but I definitely understand the math of it. 

8 hours ago, That&#x27;s No Moon said:

It depends.  They eliminated a lot of SRO stadiums, in England particularly, during the serious hooliganism problems and then again after Hillsborough.  It's mandatory to have all-seaters in the top 2 divisions of English football since 1994 and I think UEFA requires them too.  They have different ways of doing standing areas now which seems to be safer than the old way which, if it bears out, would be good because I agree that standing can be more fun.

Thanks!

Yeah, I knew that England was a little bit different, has mainland Europe done the same?