Poona Ford signing with the Bills

mathja

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes I know. They could also extend Oliver. I don’t get the logic here. How is a player too good to trade but not good enough to extend?

His value to us is higher than his trade value in the last year of his deal, pretty straightforward. There is also the very realistic possibility that they HAVE offered him an extension and he is looking for more money. Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean you should make assumptions.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Poona makes whoever we play's job at ILB a lot easier. Double team Ford, and it frees up the linebacker to make plays. Not sure anyone really was double teamed on the D-line. Sure always seemed like some blocker was there to account for Edmunds. 

Edited by buffaloaggie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicagobills said:

BIG POON!!!!

There was a Chinese restaurant on Monroe Ave in Rochester (actually Brighton) called the “House of Poon”  this was destined to happen…, 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

His value to us is higher than his trade value in the last year of his deal, pretty straightforward. There is also the very realistic possibility that they HAVE offered him an extension and he is looking for more money. Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean you should make assumptions.  

What if they were able to sign Yannick Ngakoue? If they can keep Ed and sign Yannick, ok.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

29 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I aspire to be at your football acumen one day. I'll keep pluggin along.  

Sometimes when you find yourself in a hole, you should stop digging. 

Your assertion that a bad defense can't have any good players is utterly moronic. All of your 'witty' comebacks don't make it any better. 

You even admitted that you didn't know anything about the player. So yes, you'll never achieve the level of acumen that a potato has, but keep on living in a world where you're truly 'special'. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What if they were able to sign Yannick Ngakoue? If they can keep Ed and sign Yannick, ok.

We absolutely could sign him and keep Oliver, depending on how much he costs we would just need to restructure Tre White, Dawkins and if we need a little more, re-sign Daquan Jones. We can also sign FAs to multi-year deals with void years to make their cap hits lower this year or just outright sign them for a mult-year contract. I think Ngakoue is probably a little rich for Beane's tastes though, I would be looking more at Houston or Clark. 

Edited by ndirish1978

25 minutes ago, balln said:

Disagree. I’m no Oliver fan. But you get him at a below market 10 M, in a contract year for him. He plays well. We get a 3 or 4th comp pick. He plays insanely well. You resign him 

no one is trading for him on a 5th year deal. He hasn’t shown enough. He has no value right now 

Very simple, straight forward observation.   I think it's right on.   Also, a good move by Beane.   Have a very solid guy for 2023, and then thank him and say goodbye or write a really big check, which he's shown he's worth.  Exactly what they did with Edmunds.  It's a quintessential "show me" year for Oliver.  

And the comp pick thought is right.   If Rousseau and Jones each have good years, and if Miller comes back as the real Miller eventually, Oliver may have a monster year, benefitting from all the attention going other ways.   He might end up being way over-valued in free agency.   

• Like (+1) 1

One could argue that Ford is/was one of the top five or so free agents left at ANY position.

He isn't like some of the edge rushers left, who are long in the tooth and whose best days are probably behind them. 

Ford is 27 and, theoretically, should be in the prime of his career. 

I'm trying to avoid saying that his addition to the Bills' d-line could pay HUGE dividends, but, well...

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.