Beane's Frustrations

hondo in seattle

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think Beane just told us what frustrated him the most about last year's roster.

With just six picks, he drafted two guards who didn't give up a sack last season.  And two receivers who only dropped three passes in the past two years.  

• Like (+1) 33
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think Beane just told us what frustrated him the most about last year's roster.

With just six picks, he drafted two guards who didn't give up a sack last season.  And two receivers who only dropped three passes in the past two years.  

Love it.  That really frustrated me last year as well.  I'm sure there are many of us in the same boat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good call and considering these were 2 of the most frustrating things to the fan base too, I would say its a safe bet Beane felt the same.  My 3rd and 4th biggest frustrations last year were Frazier's weak playoff defense and Dorsey's rookie issues.  Thankfully one is gone, and the other at least has potential to be better being its only his 2nd year as an OC.  So all in all, pretty stoked about this offseason.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I guess I’m confused as to what you thought Beane was thinking then. Not necessarily frustration but it was obvious they need help on the line and with catching the ball. What direction did you think he was going to go? 

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He also said he was frustrated his picks didn’t match a DTs value in the draft . Says they will sign a vet this week. I wonder who? I know Poona Ford was mentioned a lot but who’s out there and have any played for the Bills previously 

No offense to beane and the staff but thank God for that.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

But wait i was told by the message board GMs Shorter can’t catch?

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And the backups to Milano are trash.   

So is anyone starting next to him, at least until further notice.  

I'm absurdly concerned about our LB unit.  If Milano goes down I'd envision us being a complete defensive hot mess.  

On the flip side, and assuming that the OL antes up as it should, our offense has the potential to be a powerhouse and rival for #1.  

I suspect that our D will be quite average however which would cost us in the playoffs.  

• Eyeroll 3

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He also said he was frustrated his picks didn’t match a DTs value in the draft . Says they will sign a vet this week. I wonder who? I know Poona Ford was mentioned a lot but who’s out there and have any played for the Bills previously 

Does anyone have a link to Beane's presser?  I don't see on the Bills website yet.

Good b

41 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good observation. Good thread. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

So is anyone starting next to him, at least until further notice.  

I'm absurdly concerned about our LB unit.  If Milano goes down I'd envision us being a complete defensive hot mess.  

On the flip side, and assuming that the OL antes up as it should, our offense has the potential to be a powerhouse and rival for #1.  

I suspect that our D will be quite average however which would cost us in the playoffs.  

Klein and Dotson have the most experience. I can easily see us try to sign Myles Jack. The rest of the ILB fodder can compete with each other for rotational snaps.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Klein and Dotson have the most experience. I can easily see us try to sign Myles Jack. The rest of the ILB fodder can compete with each other for rotational snaps.

Yeah, experience is one thing, ability to hold the fort as a starter is different.  There's absolutely nothing to suggest that anyone after Milano is starting LB material.  

It's concerning to be sure.  And what if Milano were to get injured?  Yikes!!  

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, experience is one thing, ability to hold the fort as a starter is different.  There's absolutely nothing to suggest that anyone after Milano is starting LB material.  

It's concerning to be sure.  And what if Milano were to get injured?  Yikes!!  

I promise two guys besides Milano will be starters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yes, he has eyes, as do we.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

And the backups to Milano are trash.   

The starter next to Milano is also trash, along with the DL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.