Beane's Frustrations

hondo in seattle

On 4/29/2023 at 8:54 PM, gonzo1105 said:

He also said he was frustrated his picks didn’t match a DTs value in the draft . Says they will sign a vet this week. I wonder who? I know Poona Ford was mentioned a lot but who’s out there and have any played for the Bills previously 

I watching YouTube and someone mentioned https://www.nfl.com/players/vincent-taylor/stats/ I was upset when we lost him a few years back. He might not be a starter but somebody okay with in the mix 

On 4/29/2023 at 5:53 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Good call and considering these were 2 of the most frustrating things to the fan base too, I would say its a safe bet Beane felt the same.  My 3rd and 4th biggest frustrations last year were Frazier's weak playoff defense and Dorsey's rookie issues.  Thankfully one is gone, and the other at least has potential to be better being its only his 2nd year as an OC.  So all in all, pretty stoked about this offseason.

I was frustrated with the Bills coaching staff in the playoffs. It was very clear they were outcoached on all levels. McD, Fraizer, and Dorsey all hurt the Bills chances last year. 

I'm still perplexed at the game plan vs Cinci in the home playoff game. They had a little rehearsal a few games before. Looked as though they made no adjustments. What in the world were they thinking? 

Fast forward to this year and I have some serious questions about Dorsey. Will McD be able to handle D duties and head coach duties? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I was frustrated with the Bills coaching staff in the playoffs. It was very clear they were outcoached on all levels. McD, Fraizer, and Dorsey all hurt the Bills chances last year. 

I'm still perplexed at the game plan vs Cinci in the home playoff game. They had a little rehearsal a few games before. Looked as though they made no adjustments. What in the world were they thinking? 

Fast forward to this year and I have some serious questions about Dorsey. Will McD be able to handle D duties and head coach duties? 

Agree with most of this, but with McD I am pretty optimistic about him calling plays, more so than worried.  Dorsey still has a lot of question marks for me, but hoping he learned a lot year 1 and makes significant strides in year 2.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/29/2023 at 7:49 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think Beane just told us what frustrated him the most about last year's roster.

With just six picks, he drafted two guards who didn't give up a sack last season.  And two receivers who only dropped three passes in the past two years.  

I don’t think you’re reading too much into it at all.  Beane has decided that he wants Linemen who don’t give up sacks and Receivers who don’t drop passes.  I think it’s brilliant.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Billl said:

I don’t think you’re reading too much into it at all.  Beane has decided that he wants Linemen who don’t give up sacks and Receivers who don’t drop passes.  I think it’s brilliant.

So brilliant that the oline has been average at best for his tenure as a Bills GM. 

I'd argue it's Beane's failure to put together an above average to great Oline that has cost us fans Super Bowl appearences. That's not brilliant in my eyes.

On 4/29/2023 at 6:11 PM, PBF81 said:

So is anyone starting next to him, at least until further notice.  

I'm absurdly concerned about our LB unit.  If Milano goes down I'd envision us being a complete defensive hot mess.  

On the flip side, and assuming that the OL antes up as it should, our offense has the potential to be a powerhouse and rival for #1.  

I suspect that our D will be quite average however which would cost us in the playoffs.  

Having a great defense made no difference whenever we got to the playoffs or any other team for that matter like the Eagles

You can’t have it both ways whenever you have a limited amount of money to spend. You’re either going to improve your office greatly, or improve your defense greatly.

It looks to me like they said McDermott work with the groceries that you have while we improve this offense

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

So brilliant that the oline has been average at best for his tenure as a Bills GM. 

I'd argue it's Beane's failure to put together an above average to great Oline that has cost us fans Super Bowl appearences. That's not brilliant in my eyes.

What is good is Beane has adjusted his past philosophy and is trying something different.  I am happy he is not going to over rely on Josh.

I see it as "the past is the past".  They tried having a strong O and D and it didn't work.  Now it seems to be moving toward the O.

It makes me happy.

42 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It was a joke about how drafting guys who don't give up sacks and drop passes is some sort of strategy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.