RD 5, Pick 150: WR Justin Shorter, Florida

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, dreadlox said:

That evaluation says he is better at long developing deep routes, not much of an underneath threat. Ken Dorsey is gonna love him!

This fits what I see. Needs to gear down to get in and out of breaks or routes get

really rounded. 

• SDS changed the title to RD 5, Pick 150: WR Justin Shorter, Florida

I think I read teams viewed Shorter as potentially converting him to a TE.  

He looks like, as of now, he’d make the team as outside depth. 

Gabe Davis body type and found a way to win deep at Florida despite not being a burner… again, similarly to Gabe. 

Looks like a physical freak and was an elite recruit, but hasn’t put it together. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

https://247sports.com/player/justin-shorter-84829/ 

He was a five-star recruit.

Yeah that was my first reaction.    One of a higher than normal number of former 5 stars(35) in this class that gets so little love. 

Also another player who may address the lack of size that I think showed up in the bad weather of that playoff loss.   Hard to be incredibly accurate outside the hashes in that stadium late in the year.   Bigger players in the passing game were a priority, IMO.    And a potential Gabe Davis replacement.     

I don't think he deserved the selection over what was left on the board at other positions but it's easy to see why.    This wasn't a BPA, IMO........this was another clear response to a perceived "short" on their current roster. 

• Like (+1) 4