2023 NFL draft LIVE thread

Einstein

55 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

They wanted Kincaid.  They got the guy they wanted!

I understand that’s who they wanted, but Mayer is likely better, and did not require a trade up.  I hope I’m wrong and we got a stud, I just don’t know that Dorsey knows what to do with 1 TE, let alone 2. 

Just now, Nitro said:

Kincaid will be a huge asset as a slot receiver.   The WR class at the top was not as talented as the TE class.  Great pick.

if used as slot that’s a potential.  Beasley replacement?   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I understand that’s who they wanted, but Mayer is likely better, and did not require a trade up.  I hope I’m wrong and we got a stud, I just don’t know that Dorsey knows what to do with 1 TE, let alone 2. 

Mayer was more complete if you consider blocking...but Kincaid is the better receiver and route runner.  Plus he will be a matchup problem for defenses...much like Kelce is for the Chiefs.  I expect our offense to be more creative.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, jkeerie said:

Mayer was more complete if you consider blocking...but Kincaid is the better receiver and route runner.  Plus he will be a matchup problem for defenses...much like Kelce is for the Chiefs.  I expect our offense to be more creative.  

Thanks.  I hope your right about it being more creative this year. It was hard to watch the playcalling last year.  Perhaps due to personnel, but the lack of running at all and misuse of Knox concerns me.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Thanks.  I hope your right about it being more creative this year. It was hard to watch the playcalling last year.  Perhaps due to personnel, but the lack of running at all and misuse of Knox concerns me.  

I think last year showed how few real weapons the Bills had.  McKenzie was a liability most games.  Without an effective slot, Josh looked to go down field and behind that oline, it was problematic.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I think last year showed how few real weapons the Bills had.  McKenzie was a liability most games.  Without an effective slot, Josh looked to go down field and behind that oline, it was problematic.

There were guys open underneath all year and Josh refused to throw it to them. He has to get better at taking the short stuff. Hopefully having another big target underneath will help Josh.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Listening to Beane, he's not really going to be used in a 12.

Beane described it more like an 11 1/2. 

I didn't get to see a ton of film on him but just got done watching more. This kid's hands are incredible and in the redzone, he's straight money.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I think what @Einstein was saying last page about 12 personnel vs nickel is a huge deal. Kincaid forces teams to play small vs that two TE set. I think Mayer is a good player but I don’t think he accomplishes what Beane was talking about there. Kincaid improves the passing game a ton but also improves the running game because of his presence forces the D’s hands. I love it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

There were guys open underneath all year and Josh refused to throw it to them. He has to get better at taking the short stuff. Hopefully having another big target underneath will help Josh.

I don't think that's strictly true - he started the season doing so, then went away from it. I'm clinging on to the elbow injury being behind it, as I read somewhere that that type of injury has more impact on shorter than longer throws. The only problem is, when supposedly fully healed, he failed to get back into the mindset of taking what's given. Hopefully the break, time with Palmer etc. will help with this.

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

LOVE this pick.

Thank you for not taking some tiny WR.

100%! 👍

Buffalo does not, nor will it ever play the back half of the Season under climate control. So,when the wind, rain, sleet and snow are coming down, we DO NOT need a fleet of 5’9 SEC track stars that are difficult to see beside oversized Corners. We need big men, with a Kelce type profile, to move the ball.

The Bills got theirs! It is now up to the OC to design plays, lots of them, to take advantage of this advantage.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, WickedGame said:

Aaron Rodgers took the Packers to the playoffs 11 times. He missed the Super Bowl in 10 of the those 11 trips. 

Getting fed up on Beane because we haven’t won the Super Bowl with Josh yet is like getting pissed because you didn’t get laid 30 minutes after walking into the bar. 

I mean aren’t you pissed as well in the bar scenario 

2 hours ago, WickedGame said:

Reality check: In a 15-year span, almost EVERYBODY moves on from their job. This fact literally means nothing. 

On the basis that I have followed this right and it is about the Packers.... Ted Thompson stood down for ill health. He only survived 4 years after doing so and was in a pretty bad way the final 2 years of his life. 

Trying to use that as any sort of indicment on Brandon Beane is out of order in any event.

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

And the GM responsible for most of those seasons is gone.

Yes. He is dead. He was terminally ill. Bad example.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.