TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 22nd pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:  WR, Quentin Johnston, TCU CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We are thrilled to add another weapon to our WR room, especially given the recent assault allegations that have arisen against OBJ shortly after he signed here.  Quentin brings a big target and size to this team and someone we can believe can be a true WR1 here for us.  He is a good route runner for someone his size and knows how to create separation.  We are excited to see him along side OBJ and Andrews giving our offense a whole new dimension it has been lacking in recent years.  

@Big Blitzand the Vikings are now on the clock

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 23rd pick in the draft, the Vikings select Deonte Banks, CB Maryland.  

The board fell our way and we get one of the top DBs in the draft.  A major need is addressed with a day 1 starter.  

Here he is sticking to Marvin Harrison Jr 

The Jaguars and @CNYfan are on the board.  

• Like (+1) 3

Welp, those 2 picks are not gonna make Bills fans happy with a mini WR run going back to back.  I think TE is certainly in play at 21 for the Chargers, however, 3 were drafted in the first 20 picks (which I think is a bit unrealistic).  This board every year seems to fall in love with TE's and they go earlier in these mocks more often than they do in the real draft.  So I do think there will be a TE on the board at 20 that Chargers could take.  They could also have gone CB or Edge there, but just wasn't as enamored with the guys left on the board as I was with Addison and felt he was the BPA there.  

With Ravens, OBJ has some question marks both on and off the field.  Adding Johnston at WR there just made too much sense to pass up, especially with all the question marks still surrounding OBJ on and off the field.  

There is a real chance that if the WR's start to drop, a mini run could begin here at picks 21 and 22 that would also include the Giants as well at 25.  If Addison gets past the Ravens at 22, then I would look out for the Bills calling the Jags to get ahead of the Giants to try and get him.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Welp, those 2 picks are not gonna make Bills fans happy with a mini WR run going back to back.  I think TE is certainly in play at 21 for the Chargers, however, 3 were drafted in the first 20 picks (which I think is a bit unrealistic).  This board every year seems to fall in love with TE's and they go earlier in these mocks more often than they do in the real draft.  So I do think there will be a TE on the board at 20 that Chargers could take.  They could also have gone CB or Edge there, but just wasn't as enamored with the guys left on the board as I was with Addison and felt he was the BPA there.  

With Ravens, OBJ has some question marks both on and off the field.  Adding Johnston at WR there just made too much sense to pass up, especially with all the question marks still surrounding OBJ on and off the field.  

There is a real chance that if the WR's start to drop, a mini run could begin here at picks 21 and 22 that would also include the Giants as well at 25.  If Addison gets past the Ravens at 22, then I would look out for the Bills calling the Jags to get ahead of the Giants to try and get him.  

Doesn't seem to be much point of a draft with trades if obvious situations that pertain to the home team never come up. Maybe that DHop trade is already a done deal . . . 

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Right two picks, I can see them in the other order. Tom Telesco loves size receivers. In 10 years has never drafted a wideout below 6'0 before the throw away rounds. I see the thinking that Addison therefore compliments what he has, but given his MO I reckon he goes big again. 

Equally if Lamar is staying in Baltimore his strength is middle of the field you could put Addison in the slot and let him eat. 

Agree Kincaid in particular is in play for LAC if he is there. I think Edge is the other position to watch in Baltimore - heard that they are very sweet on Nolan Smith.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Right two picks, I can see them in the other order. Tom Telesco loves size receivers. In 10 years has never drafted a wideout below 6'0 before the throw away rounds. I see the thinking that Addison therefore compliments what he has, but given his MO I reckon he goes big again. 

Equally if Lamar is staying in Baltimore his strength is middle of the field you could put Addison in the slot and let him eat. 

Agree Kincaid in particular is in play for LAC if he is there. I think Edge is the other position to watch in Baltimore - heard that they are very sweet on Nolan Smith.

Yeah couldnt decide between Johnston or Addison for Chargers.  I went Addison because Keenan is 31 and I think Herbert is going to really miss the precise route running of Allen.  But I totally could see it go Johnston then Addison. 

I looked at CB and Edge for both teams too, just the ones left from the board IMHO weren't as attractive as the two WRs.  I wanted Joey Porter in one of those spots, but you snagged him a pick early.  

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Jaguars (CNYfan) are on the clock
26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly, it worked out well.  Even if Addison was still available, he wouldn’t have been put on the poll since we took him in 1.0.  

I agree with you about the TEs to a certain degree, but I think it’s also a testament to how little talent is in this draft. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would think every 3-4 team would be salivating at the thought of Nolan Smith.   Seems like a steeler or raven kind of guy for sure.  Pats and Vikings too

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, it worked out well.  Even if Addison was still available, he wouldn’t have been put on the poll since we took him in 1.0.  

I agree with you about the TEs to a certain degree, but I think it’s also a testament to how little talent is in this draft. 

I guess I don't know all the bylaws of this spectacle. If a player is selected in a prior version of the draft, you can't pick him in another? Seems odd and arbitrary.

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Brian Branch a safety from Alabama.  The Jaguars could not believe that both Branch and their other coveted player were on the Board at this late point in the draft.  Despite the other target being at a more elite position than safety the Jags take the top safety to tie together the back of their defense.  Jacksonville has used a preponderance of first round picks on the front 7 of the defense in recent drafts and despite their desire for the other defender Branch is their man to lead the back end of the defense for years to come.  The consensus top man at his position in this draft and a first round talent on their, and most boards, Branch it is.  

The Giants and @inaugural balls are on the clock!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I guess I don't know all the bylaws of this spectacle. If a player is selected in a prior version of the draft, you can't pick him in another? Seems odd and arbitrary.

The purpose of these is to see how different scenarios play out and have fun.  

We know that, if all things work out, Addison is our preferred pick.  There’s no point in proving that again 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Giants (inaugural balls) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The purpose of these is to see how different scenarios play out and have fun.  

We know that, if all things work out, Addison is our preferred pick.  There’s no point in proving that again 

Okay. The board isn't looking too fun to my eye, though a trade back for Hopkins might seem plausible if this were the way it plays out.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Okay. The board isn't looking too fun to my eye, though a trade back for Hopkins might seem plausible if this were the way it plays out.

It’s going to be an option on the poll

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 Away from the Bills pick.  I've got (for the poll consideration):

MLB Jack Campbell, Iowa

OT Dawand Jones, Ohio State

WR Quentin Johnson, TCU

DT Mazi Smith, Michigan

S Brian Branch, Alabama

OC John Michael Smith, Minnesota

WR Jordan Addison,  USC

WR Zay Flowers, Boston Col

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

With the 23rd pick in the draft, the Vikings select Deonte Banks, CB Maryland.  

The board fell our way and we get one of the top DBs in the draft.  A major need is addressed with a day 1 starter.  

Here he is sticking to Marvin Harrison Jr 

The Jaguars and @CNYfan are on the board.  

Dude is going to be a beast

3 minutes ago, Yantha said:

MLB Jack Campbell, Iowa

WR Quentin Johnson, TCU

DT Mazi Smith, Michigan

S Brian Branch, Alabama

OC John Michael Smith, Minnesota

WR Jordan Addison,  USC

Addison, Johnson, and Branch gone

With the 25th pick in the 2023 draft, The New York Football Giants select Darnell Washington TE Georgia.

The Giants are intent to help their recently re-upped QB, Dan Jones. Coach Daboll will enjoy deploying DW each week in new and creative ways. Whether chipping in paving the way as a blocker, lined up at FB or H back to making his presence felt in the passing game, Washington's size, skillset and powerful frame along with 11" hands will be a thing to behold. He will soon become a favorite of Jones and fans alike, especially in the RZ. He is a mismatch waiting to happen.

@frostbitmicand those Cowboys are on the clock

7 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

With the 25th pick in the 2023 draft, The New York Football Giants select Darnell Washington TE Georgia.

The Giants are intent to help their recently re-upped QB, Dan Jones. Coach Daboll will enjoy deploying DW each week in new and creative ways. Whether chipping in paving the way as a blocker, lined up at FB or H back to making his presence felt in the passing game, Washington's size, skillset and powerful frame along with 11" hands will be a thing to behold. He will soon become a favorite of Jones and fans alike, especially in the RZ. He is a mismatch waiting to happen.

@frostbitmicand those Cowboys are on the clock

Great pick, imo. Folks will think this is too early. I bet he goes around here if the medical issues are a smokescreen. 

• Agree 1

Hoping we can have at least one of these mocks get us a IOL/Center in the 1st.  🤞

OL John Michael Schmitz met with the Buffalo Bills via Zoom

Schmitz is widely regarded as the top center in this year’s draft class

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/4/23/23693242/ol-john-michael-schmitz-met-with-buffalo-bills-minnesota-golden-gophers

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

With the 26th pick the Dallas Cowboys select Jahmyr Gibbs - RB - Alabama.

We were hoping for a T or TE here but none floated our boat @27. Since we cut the Ewok in the off season we need to replace him and Gibbs speed is something that has us excited.

The Buffalo Bills are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
2 hours ago, Yantha said:

MLB Jack Campbell, Iowa

DT Mazi Smith, Michigan

OC John Michael Schmitz, Minnesota

9 minutes ago, Yantha said:

What are the top 10 options here?

You had a good start. 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It's going to be Zay Flowers so let's just move along.

You know, I've been ragging on the smaller WR prospects saying that we need a big and physical target to add to the team.  I still think that Johnston would be our best fit, but you can't deny Addison's and Flowers' talent.

Not sure who I will pick this time....

Actually I do.

JACK CAMPBELL!  lol..

15 minutes ago, Yantha said:

You know, I've been ragging on the smaller WR prospects saying that we need a big and physical target to add to the team.  I still think that Johnston would be our best fit, but you can't deny Addison's and Flowers' talent.

Not sure who I will pick this time....

Actually I do.

JACK CAMPBELL!  lol..

Starting to see him mocked a bit higher, somebody had the Giants drafting Campbell at 25. So maybe he slips in. The lack of reported visits is one of those things should raise eyebrows.. Someone is interested in him, probably taking him in the first, and doing everything they can to hide their interest. 

PFN's best available would be Myles Murphy, Nolan Smith, Lukas Van Ness as edge guys and Bryan Bresee as a DT. 

Jeremiah's are Lukas Van Ness, Nolan Smith, Zay Flowers, Myles Murphy, Will McDonald IV. 

Walterfootball's would be Will McDonald IV, Jack Campbell. 

Kiper's would be Nolan Smith, Zay Flowers, Emmanuel Forbes, Will McDonald IV, Myles Murphy. 

CBS Sports would be Lukas Van Ness, Myles Murphy, Nolan Smith, Zay Flowers, Bryan Bresee, Drew Sanders

ESPN's best available would be Lukas Van Ness, Nolan Smith, Emmanuel Forbes, Zay Flowers, Myles Murphy, Will McDonald IV

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Starting to see him mocked a bit higher, somebody had the Giants drafting Campbell at 25. So maybe he slips in. The lack of reported visits is one of those things should raise eyebrows.. Someone is interested in him, probably taking him in the first, and doing everything they can to hide their interest. 

I think he's the full package.  You don't see that often.  His THINKING ability is amazing.  He reads the play faster than any rookie I've seen recently, and is the ideal MLB.  Great in coverage.  Plus he can hit!

Yeah, there's interest out there......  for sure.

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Cardinals (NeverOutNick) are on the clock

After the trade with Buffalo, the Arizona Cardinals select Nolan Smith, DE Georgia

Arizona lost a lot in pass rush this offseason to include future HOFer JJ watt. The cardinals are hoping to have found a future star in the raw but insanely athletic Smith

@HappyDays and the Bengals are on the clock at pick 28

Edited by NeverOutNick

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bengals (HappyDays) are on the clock

With the 28th selection, the Bengals select Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State.

Make that two years in a row we've drafted a DB in the 1st round as we work to rebuild our secondary from the ground up. We like the upside of second year player Cam Taylor-Britt, but Chidobie Awuzie is recovering from a torn ACL and is on the last year of his contract anyways. We will regularly have to face off against Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs so we can never have too many CBs.

Forbes has prototypical length and great football intelligence. He holds the title for most pick-sixes in FBS history, which is a testament to his ball skills and instincts. We feel that he can step in right away and help the team this year and beyond.

The Saints @Virgil are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.