DHopkins would cost a 2nd round pick...would you do it?

Rubes

Curious to see what people think of the price tag...  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Would you spend this year's 2nd rounder to get DHop?

• Yes
    • No

hard to reply to the poll.
But yes

if it were to be done ?

The second round is where i would think it should be done

perhaps some gamesmanship in the later rounds in addition. Get something back next year from them.

For a Bills player , or our pick this year

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

can it be next years?

I think the Chiefs and the Bills are purposely holding off on making this trade until after this draft so they can they can use this years picks as cheap labor, as both teams are tight against the cap.  

2 hours ago, mannc said:

You’re dreaming.  Hopkins is over 30 and coming off a drug suspension.  He’s likely to fall off a cliff, much like Julio Jones and AJ Green did at his age.  And of course there’s the fact that he’ll soon be released if no GM is dumb enough to pay what Cards are asking.

Hopkins isn’t a WR that wins with speed. He’s a great route runner w/ even better hands. I don’t think his skills are the type to diminish w/ age especially w/ the lesser amount of wear & tear he has. Maybe a 2nd rounder is too high, but either way I just don’t know how anyone wouldn’t be happy to get a player of that caliber. I don’t think there’s a chance it happens. I just voted in the poll

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

I voted no, but I’d be open to it if it’s cap friendly for the next two years. 

I voted yes but only if it's cap friendly.  DHop is worth a 2nd round pick.  It's his salary that worries me.  

I don't know if the 'yes' I registered is even realistic with our cap situation.  

Not paying a 2nd Round Pick unless AZ is picking up a bunch of the contract. He's great. But I'm not giving up a 2nd and paying a massive contract for any 31/yo WR.

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

can it be next years?

Given the strength of this Draft (or lack thereof) - next year's 2nd is worth more than this year's. If they want a pick from that Draft, it's maxing at a 3rd.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

unfortunately my question was fair and many agree... instead of going after my point, you went after me personal... 

to bad for you that I do not bite on dog food... 

Sorry, didn’t realize you were so sensitive about these things.

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Absolutely yes with zero hesitation. People overvalue the draft way too much. Get the guy we know is great right now and try to win the Super Bowl.

In all situations I wouldn't support your thought process, but right now with Allen and the Bills? Absolutely, give it up and move on.

As stated before, it's a no brainer:

Trade 27 and a 5th for 34, a 7th and DHOP with ARI retaining $10m.  DHOP restructures with Buffalo to even further reduce the cap hit.

ARI's new GM can say he did well cuz he moved up for another 1st.

We get DHOP, our choice of MLB at 34 and BPA at 59 (thinking OLINE, TE or DT), BPA at 91 (TE or DL or OL) and BPA at 130 (what's remaining between TE, OL and DL).

Slam dunk, off-season won

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

As is every team in the NFL who has an elite QB......

46 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

lol. So is every team with a franchise qb. Name a team with two franchise qbs please 

Purdy, Foles and Brady are qbs that over achieved.   I dont expect that from Barkley or K. Allen.  Do you?

Edited by The Wiz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.