DHopkins would cost a 2nd round pick...would you do it?

Rubes

Curious to see what people think of the price tag...  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Would you spend this year's 2nd rounder to get DHop?

• Yes
    • No

41 minutes ago, Rico said:

If we don’t make this trade, we can always bring Sammy back, he doesn’t have a team right now. Many on this board thought he was much better than DHop back in the day.

16725.png

At Clemson, where the game was really just a physical battle, he was.

Watkins was.......at the time........the greatest true freshman WR in NCAA history........and that made sophomore DHop WR2 at Clemson that year.

As a professional........intelligence comes much more into play though.

DHop played it right.   I'm convinced he got himself on a great PED program early and worked smart and hard to get to the top.

Sammy basically did everything wrong and wasted what should have been a great career.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm really torn here as a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft may just turn out great.

My thoughts go back to the end of the 2021 season as I watched Allen rip that Patriot's defense apart when he had time in the pocket. The end of the 2022 season when he didn't have time in the pocket against the Bengals with their not-so-great pass rush. (21st)

The Chiefs were in their SB against the Bucs as they had Mahomes running around like a chicken with its head cut off versus this past SB against the fearsome Eagles defense (#1 pass rush win rate) that didn't get one sack on Mahomes because of a rebuilt KC offensive line. 

Build that freaking Buffalo O line into a top 5 unit and they might just find that the current receivers and RBs are good enough. If anything I'd be more inclined to trade a #2 pick with the Chargers for RB Austin Ekeler, 915 yards rushing and 722 yards receiving, 1637 total yards, and 18 TDs. A player like this might keep Josh Allen in the pocket.

I'm really hoping that this year the Bills finally invest a bunch of picks into the O line in the draft as it looks like just a bunch of jags in free agency.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

Again I have to ask...how would the Bills PAY Hopkins?

That question was already answered... he would be paid with herb nightly.

Honestly though, AZ would have to pick up some of the money and the Bills would have to re-structure because I doubt Hopkins would want to play under the terms of his current contract. That's why he wants out in the first place, no?

If a trade happens between Arizona and the Bills I highly doubt it will involve a 2nd round pick. More likely a 4th rounder IMO.

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Honestly though, AZ would have to pick up some of the money and the Bills would have to re-structure because I doubt Hopkins would want to play under the terms of his current contract. That's why he wants out in the first place, no?

If a trade happens between Arizona and the Bills I highly doubt it will involve a 2nd round pick. More likely a 4th rounder IMO.

A 4th? You don't think he could start here?

6 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think the 27 for 34 and Hopkins makes sense from a value standpoint. The trade chart says Hopkins would be a 3rd rounder in that scenario which sounds about right 

Move seen this trade idea floated before (Locked on Bills I think). It’s a good one. It allows AZ to save face (We moved up for a 1st round pick!). The reality is that while the JJ trade chart shows the Bills giving up the equivalent of a third, the quality of prospects available at 27 and 34 in this draft will be very similar. 

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Move seen this trade idea floated before (Locked on Bills I think). It’s a good one. It allows AZ to save face (We moved up for a 1st round pick!). The reality is that while the JJ trade chart shows the Bills giving up the equivalent of a third, the quality of prospects available at 27 and 34 in this draft will be very similar. 

Then at 34, select Hyatt and suddenly you have 2 WR1's, a very good WR3 in Davis and a lethal deep speed rookie.  That 4WR set would create A LOT of problems  

Imagine stacking Diggs & Hopkins to one side...then throwing deep to the other side where Hyatt beat the CB and the S was caught watching Diggs and Hopkins 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I thought at one point DHop said he didn't want a raise.  I took it to mean that he would accept a trade if the team picked up the remaining $34M in his contract the next two years.  I doubt AZ wants to pick up much more on DHop's contract since it looks like the primary motivation to move him is a salary dump as they slightly rebuild.

$34M for two years of DHop is a good deal.  Look at Spotrac AAV's for WRs - C Kirk $18M, M Williams $20M, DJ Moore $20M, T McLaurin $23M, C Godwin $20M, T Lockett $17M, D Johnson $18M, H Renfrow $16M, and OBJ just hobbled into $15M.    And if you restructure into additional years and add some guarantees, a signing bonus, you can play around with the cap hit a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

2nd rounder?? See if they'd take our 2nd rounder from last season. 

Hey, if Bijan Robinson fell to us at 27 I’d be fine Trading James Cook straight up for DeAndre Hopkins and then eating some of his contract…Man our offense would be sick.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

57 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

A 4th? You don't think he could start here?

I don't understand your question.

Do I think Hopkins could start here? Yes.

Do I think it would be necessary for the Bills to trade away a 2nd rounder to get him? No.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I don't understand your question.

Do I think Hopkins could start here? Yes.

Do I think it would be necessary for the Bills to trade away a 2nd rounder to get him? No.

You know damn well it won't get done with a 4th

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

You know damn well it won't get done with a 4th

Actually I don't know that. And I'm not in the habit of posting something that I don't believe in which means that I believe a 4th would be likely compensation.

And as always, if I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.