DHopkins would cost a 2nd round pick...would you do it?

Rubes

Curious to see what people think of the price tag...  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Would you spend this year's 2nd rounder to get DHop?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

Pass.

The Bills must focus their resources now on both protecting their star player, Allen, and giving him an offense and coordinator capable of utilizing all of the field.

A few months ago I wanted Hopkins, but now I think it would be almost pointless to do so and to once again divert resources from  dramatically improving the weakest link on this team, the offensive line.

You’re assuming they are interested in this dramatic improvement … from their actions over the past few seasons, it seems they’re more interested in plugging in journeymen and JAGs

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Just trying to see what the balance of opinions are, champ.

Agreed - nobody is forcing you to read another DHOP thread. If you’re offended, don’t go on the thread

40 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

why in GODS NAME!!!! did we need another topic on this? 

210 pages+ is NOT enough for you to figure this out?

boards are going to hell in a hand basket. 

Then don’t participate on this one

• Agree 2

I don’t understand how people can have an opinion without knowing the financial side of things. Are we paying what is due on his contract? No thank you. How much can we get his cap number down? How much will the Cardinals pay?  What does a restructure look like? Only then can I determine how I feel about it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t understand how people can have an opinion without knowing the financial side of things. Are we paying what is due on his contract? No thank you. How much can we get his cap number down? How much will the Cardinals pay?  What does a restructure look like? Only then can I determine how I feel about it. 

Just keep replying to this nonsense and maybe we will have 2 active 200 page topics on the same person :D lol

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Any more fiscal levelheadedness from you, and we'll give you Popeyes Chicken, tell you it's KFC, and then lock you in the bathroom for a week.  Now, someone call Beane and say TSW is in. 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

I voted yes, but only if New England doesn’t get a comp pick out of it…

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Any more fiscal levelheadedness from you, and we'll give you Popeyes Chicken, tell you it's KFC, and then lock you in the bathroom for a week.  Now, someone call Beane and say TSW is in. 😁

Agree with Ridgeway... if we want sensible, well-considered responses we'll go to... 

Chick-fil-A? I'm confused now... 

What was the question?

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

they can make it work if they really want to

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Agree with Ridgeway... if we want sensible, well-considered responses we'll go to... 

What was the question?

I just know that Popeyes Chicken is 'green Kryptonite' to Augie.  Deadly. 😵

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Absolutely yes with zero hesitation. People overvalue the draft way too much. Get the guy we know is great right now and try to win the Super Bowl.

yep.  Beane will probably take a running back anyway in the 2nd round… lol.

Hopkins will be 31 before training camp, has bee recently injured, recently suspended for steroids, and carries a big cap value. 

If it was just a late 2nd in this weaker draft, fine, but the cap $ would have a ripple effect.

For those reasons, I am not interested unless he comes very cheaply (pay cut - not interested in extending a 31 year old WR beyond the 2 years already on his contract).

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Hopkins will be 31 before training camp, has bee recently injured, recently suspended for steroids, and carries a big cap value. 

If it was just a late 2nd in this weaker draft, fine, but the cap $ would have a ripple effect.

For those reasons, I am not interested unless he comes very cheaply (pay cut - not interested in extending a 31 year old WR beyond the 2 years already on his contract).

The cap hit is close to a deal breaker unless AZ eats a lot contract. I think it is more likely Beane trades up for Addison.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The cap hit is close to a deal breaker unless AZ eats a lot contract. I think it is more likely Beane trades up for Addison.

I don’t even think I’d be willing to trade up for Addison.  If he is available at 27, then OK, but trading extra assts to get a 170lb WR would not be smart, in my view.

46 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well, better to be locked IN than OUT in that case! 

44 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

What was the question?

It’s Sunday. We will go hungry.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.