TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest guys, I’m exhausted and have to be up early tomorrow.  Please keep making picks.  If I don’t update, it’s just because I'm asleep 

You deserve the rest! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Addison can play the outside just fine.  He ran a 4.49.  Shakir does run routes like addison.  It’s not even close.  You’re just looking at them physically when you have to look deeper.  It’s a very shallow way of thinking.  Sorry to be so blunt.  The only thing addison has against him is his weight.  

RAS:

Antonio Brown 3.86
Jeudy: 6.7

Tee Higgins 4.13

Hunter Renfrow 2.94

Cooper Kupp 5.0

Adam Humphries 4.19

Robert Woods 3.55

Found those after looking for 2 minutes.  I’m sure there are many more.  Would love to know what Jerry Rice’s RAS score was.  

Just a long winded way to say, I agree to disagree

Maybe he can and we will see in a few months how he does. I don't mind people being blunt, but I'll pass on responding to what you said.

I do look at them physically as they will need to be able to play against press coverage and hold up physically for 17 plus games. 

RAS scores are nice, and can give some good comparisons to metrics, but is not the end all, be all, of on field performance. I believe that is what you are pointing out and I agree if that's what you are saying. 

Disagreements are fine, if everyone agreed all the time it would be pretty boring. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Maybe he can and we will see in a few months how he does. I don't mind people being blunt, but I'll pass on responding to what you said.

I do look at them physically as they will need to be able to play against press coverage and hold up physically for 17 plus games. 

RAS scores are nice, and can give some good comparisons to metrics, but is not the end all, be all, of on field performance. I believe that is what you are pointing out and I agree if that's what you are saying. 

Disagreements are fine, if everyone agreed all the time it would be pretty boring. 

This is true, and yet I like it when folks agree with me and don't when they don't. I've also noticed that folks that agree with me are invariably quite intelligent . . . 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think it’s a bad idea to use your first pick on lower priority position just because there are only other LBers worthy of a 1st or 2nd rd pick.  

If taking a MLB with our first pick is the plan, then we better find a way to trade down and get more picks.  Even if we only get a 4th.  If we take a MLB @ 27, I’ll be ill.  Major reach to fill a need at a position where you can find suitable starters for cheap.

this years free agent class, Alex Anzalone got the 2nd richest contract among off hall LBers 3 years. 18.75M, 9 guaranteed.

Lots of solid starters getting paid 2-6M.  

Still available:

Zach Cunningham

Deion Jones

Myles Jack

Cory Littleton

Kyle Van Noy

Neville Hewitt

Kwon Alexander

Jayon Brown

Jarrad Davis

Nick Kwiatkoski

Honestly, picking a LB with their first pick this year could be career suicide for Beane and McD if the offense would crap the bed. If Allen and Diggs get pissed off about not having the help they need again, then there could be more damage done than good. Beane isn’t that dumb. He will get someone for Allen and the offense early. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

This is true, and yet I like it when folks agree with me and don't when they don't. I've also noticed that folks that agree with me are invariably quite intelligent . . . 

Sorry, but LMAO. You made my stomach hurt from laughing.  Thank you.🤣🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 31st pick in the TSW 2023 Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select Jack Campbell, LB, Univ. Of Iowa.

the thinking is simple: Our defense was putrid last year and Alex Anzalone is eminently upgradable.  Campbell is a perfect fit for what we need.  Like his name, too.

The Lions have now added the best corner and the best LB in the draft, and we have four day-two picks upcoming.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the 31st pick in the TSW 2023 Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select Jack Campbell, LB, Univ. Of Iowa.

the thinking is simple: Our defense was putrid last year and Alex Anzalone is eminently upgradable.  Campbell is a perfect fit for what we need.  Like his name, too.

I'll give a 7th for Anzalone...

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Steelers (GunnerBill) are on the clock!!!
26 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Lions have now added the best corner and the best LB in the draft, and we have four day-two picks upcoming.

Good call for the lions they have a great offensive line and WR corps. What did you get to move down from 18 again?

Bill is probably sleeping, so this is an appropriate break between day 1 and day 2 of the mock…

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Good call for the lions they have a great offensive line and WR corps. What did you get to move down from 18 again?

31 and 63, from KC…probably a little light…

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

In a full 7 round draft, I would have thrown in a 6th to sweeten that just a little bit.  31 and 63 are right on point for pick 19..it's about 20 so points in favor of KC to move up to 18.  We would have still made the deal if it was 31, 63 and 217 for example.

• Agree 1

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

In a full 7 round draft, I would have thrown in a 6th to sweeten that just a little bit.  31 and 63 are right on point for pick 19..it's about 20 so points in favor of KC to move up to 18.  We would have still made the deal if it was 31, 63 and 217 for example.

Honestly if this was a real draft, the lions would’ve asked for something like your 31st, next years first and probably a 4th rounder this year as well. That’s fair value for moving up that much in the first round but l get it for this mock. 

plus the Lions are one of the few teams that have insane value in this draft with very few holes so they would definitely try and get more value in the future just in case Goff goes back to old Goff and they need to trade up for a QB in next years draft

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest guys, I’m exhausted and have to be up early tomorrow.  Please keep making picks.  If I don’t update, it’s just because I'm asleep 

LAMP

😂 J/K - Get some sleep, you earned it

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Do you think Diggs would have went in the 1st if healthy? I get it people want offense and weapons for Josh, but I don't think just because some think he is rated as one of the better receivers in this draft we should lower our standards for the position. If he wasn't worth a 1st last year, he shouldn't be worth a 1st this year. All my opinion of course and majority wins. I hope the Bills don't really take him at 27, but I will support and cheer for any player we take.

No. At the time he was drafted he was not a 1st rnd pick and wasn'tseen as one. Are you saying that Addison is going to be as good as Diggs?

No Diggs was never a 1st but he would have gone before the 5th. 

So who you gonna take this year? Because there are - at least to my eye - only 12 or 13 genuine first round talents. And they are all off the board. I have Addison as a borderline 1st round talent. And he is still there. He is the best player remaining the way this mock falls. You can only pick players who are in the draft. That isn't lowering standards. It is living in reality.

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

So take Campbell or Sanders :cry:

Addison is better than both.

• Sad 1

Trade alert.  Hopkins has been traded by the Cardinals to the Patriots for their 2nd round pick (pick #46). The Cardinals have agreed to pay 18 million of Hopkin's 2023 contract because they have plenty of cap space while the Patriots don't. 

Cardinals move on from Hopkins who was traded to them the same day as Diggs was traded to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Okay it's Day 2 of the draft folks. That means Rich Eisen has gone without a tie.

And to open Day 2....

With the 32nd pick of the 2023 Virgil Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson

For the second successive pick in the draft a selection is going to be accompanied by the claim - I just picked the best linebacker in the draft. He is certainly the most talented, though he has less experience at the position than Campbell. 

As such Simpson won't be a fit for everyone but the Steelers are one team for whom I am confident he makes sense. He is everything they liked about Devin Bush in a bigger frame. Fast, rangey, can cover, can hit and while his initial fit is probably as the WILL in their 3-4 I think his long term future is at the MIKE. The one thing he doesn't have is Bush's instincts, but frankly they never really came to the party in the NFL, especially after his injury. And in this case you are standing pat and getting Simpson at the top of round 2, whereas for Bush they uncharacteristicly traded into the top 10. The Steelers signed Cole Holcomb and Elandon Roberts in free agency to give themselves some serviceable inside linebacker options in the short term, but Simpson could lock down a spot for a decade. 

EDIT: The Houston Texans and @wppete are now on the clock.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (wppete) are on the clock!!!
4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No Diggs was never a 1st but he would have gone before the 5th. 

So who you gonna take this year? Because there are - at least to my eye - only 12 or 13 genuine first round talents. And they are all off the board. I have Addison as a borderline 1st round talent. And he is still there. He is the best player remaining the way this mock falls. You can only pick players who are in the draft. That isn't lowering standards. It is living in reality.

Addison is better than both.

I know you are much more knowledgeable in scoring and ranking players. I also know your are not a fan of Torrence as you don't think he fits our scheme. But, in this particular draft and the way it fell, I would have leaned more towards the OL or need than BPA. Maybe Harrison, Torrence or Schmitz. I of course like Campbell and think he would be a good fit. He still went in the 1st in this draft 4 picks later. I would have taken the trade that Happydays proposed in this case and that is why I changed my vote. 

With the 33rd selection, the Houston Texans select  Joe Tippmann, C Wisconsin.

Tippmann is a plug and play Center for the next 8-10 years to protect your young QB. Houston picks Skoronski in the 1st round and Tippmann in the 2nd round, Bryce Young will have the protection to grow. 

The Arizona Cardinals and @Doc Brown are on the clock. 

@Virgil

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.