TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

With the 34th selection, the Arizona Cardinals select Kelee Ringo, DB, Georgia

Drummed up enough support internally to take a chance at a CB prospect in Ringo with excellent size, physicality, and speed that fits well in the Cardinals zone heavy scheme.  Love his physicality and tackling ability.  Also matches up well with bigger WR’s and TE’s in man coverage.

The Colts @CNYfan are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

The Colts understand that they have a weak roster and need to build up with some talent.  The loved Ringo but had Cam Smith CB South Carolina rated slightly higher.   With Corner being a premier, and expensive, position in the modern game, the Colts opt for the top-rated corner and player on their board at pick number 35.   Cam Smith has great speed and length, tracks the ball well and gets his head turned around nicely.   3 years battling the SECs finest, including a stoning of Jalin Hyatt, Cam Smith should contribute immediately and blossom into a well above average corner for the Colts Defense.  

With the 35th pick in the TSW Mock Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Cam Smith CB South Carolina.

The Rams and @NewEra are up to bat.

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

The Colts understand that they have a weak roster and need to build up with some talent.  The loved Ringo but had Cam Smith CB South Carolina rated slightly higher.   With Corner being a premier, and expensive, position in the modern game, the Colts opt for the top-rated corner and player on their board at pick number 35.   Cam Smith has great speed and length, tracks the ball well and gets his head turned around nicely.   3 years battling the SECs finest, including a stoning of Jalin Hyatt, Cam Smith should contribute immediately and blossom into a well above average corner for the Colts Defense.  

With the 35th pick in the TSW Mock Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Cam Smith CB South Carolina.

The Rams and @NewEra are up to bat.

@Virgil

That's a good pick. 

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Big drop off to those guys imo

I actually have a drop off between JMS and Tippman - one towards the top of my round 2 grades and one towards the bottom. Then there is a full round between Tippman and Wypler. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Rams (NewEra) are on the clock!!!
38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a good pick. 

I actually have a drop off between JMS and Tippman - one towards the top of my round 2 grades and one towards the bottom. Then there is a full round between Tippman and Wypler. 

I’d rather have Tippmann, personal preference, I just  really like his upside and ceiling being two years younger than Schmitz. Tippmann is a Mitch Morse clone and I love Mitch, great fit here. But I agree that Schmitz is probably the higher graded player to this point. I think Schmitz goes in the second and Tippmann late two maybe the third. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d rather have Tippmann, personal preference, I just  really like his upside and ceiling being two years younger than Schmitz. Tippmann is a Mitch Morse clone and I love Mitch, great fit here. But I agree that Schmitz is probably the higher graded player to this point. I think Schmitz goes in the second and Tippmann late two maybe the third. 

I expect Tippmann to be taken before Schmitz in real draft. 

"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in desperate need of some juice off the edge. With Shaquil Barrett suffering a torn achilles in week 8 of last season, this group is incredibly thin. So much so, that the team's nose tackle, Vita Vea, actually led the Buccaneers in sacks in 2022 with 6.5. Second on the team? Still not an edge rusher. That was Devin White with 5.5."

source: https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/top-needs-for-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-during-upcoming-2023-nfl-draft 

Nolan Smith is arguably a mid first rounder and with him slipping to 36, the Bucs JUMP.

With the 36th pick in the TSW Mock Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia

@section122 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 7

17 minutes ago, Yantha said:

"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in desperate need of some juice off the edge. With Shaquil Barrett suffering a torn achilles in week 8 of last season, this group is incredibly thin. So much so, that the team's nose tackle, Vita Vea, actually led the Buccaneers in sacks in 2022 with 6.5. Second on the team? Still not an edge rusher. That was Devin White with 5.5."

source: https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/top-needs-for-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-during-upcoming-2023-nfl-draft 

Nolan Smith is arguably a mid first rounder and with him slipping to 36, the Bucs JUMP.

With the 36th pick in the TSW Mock Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia

@section122 are on the clock.

Dammit this was my guy lol

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.