TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

9 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

That's why you trade with the Raiders for the best slot receiver in the game and the tied for first DE...

Sorry, I haven’t been following whatever conversation is going on.

You think we should trade for Renfrow and Maxx?  Lol. They aren’t trading Maxx.  He’s the ONLY beloved raider right now (I live in Vegas and everyone LOVES that guy).  The raiders also have an almost 50M dead cap hit if they trade him.  

and how would we fit this 30m+ under the cap.  

or maybe I missed the sarcasm?

• Sad 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Eagles (Big Blitz) are on the clock!!!
3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry, I haven’t been following whatever conversation is going on.

You think we should trade for Renfrow and Maxx?  Lol. They aren’t trading Maxx.  He’s the ONLY beloved raider right now (I live in Vegas and everyone LOVES that guy).  The raiders also have an almost 50M dead cap hit if they trade him.  

and how would we fit this 30m+ under the cap.  

or maybe I missed the sarcasm?

They traded Khalil Mack though...

11 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

LOL. I'm not bitter. Who one the pole is fine with me. I'm  actually good and I changed my vote to trading back.😁. I am not like some that stomp and cry if I don't get what I want. Too old and not worth the energy. I like the conversations and differing opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't. It's almost like a debate and you can learn a lot that way. I actually agree that we need to support Josh with what he needs. We just differ on what we think he needs. 

Well you basically just clarified why you want a LB. You’re old. Most of the older crowd still thinks defense wins championships when it’s clear that it’s a offensive league now. Mystery solved!

7 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

LOL. I'm not bitter. Who one the pole is fine with me. I'm  actually good and I changed my vote to trading back.😁. I am not like some that stomp and cry if I don't get what I want. Too old and not worth the energy. I like the conversations and differing opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't. It's almost like a debate and you can learn a lot that way. I actually agree that we need to support Josh with what he needs. We just differ on what we think he needs. 

What do you think he needs at WR. Super tall, super fast?  Those are nice to have if you can run great routes and catch the ball.   

Josh needs WRs that can get open and catch the ball.  Addison is, at worst, the 2nd best in this draft class in both regards.

He also needs a RT that isn’t equal to a fat dump.  

While I prefer Addison, I wouldn’t be upset if we decided to take Wright, Jones or Harrison over him.  I just think Addison is a sure thing and would be a great contributor for 5 years.  

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

They traded Khalil Mack though...

don’t hold your breath.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

Well you basically just clarified why you want a LB. You’re old. Most of the older crowd still thinks defense wins championships when it’s clear that it’s a offensive league now. Mystery solved!

LOL. You got me.🫣. But at least I was willing to change my vote to trade back. Change is good, right?😁. Just takes us old people a while to get there.🤣

PS. Probably why I like McDermott too.😉

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

LOL. You got me.🫣. But at least I was willing to change my vote to trade back. Change is good, right?😁. Just takes us old people a while to get there.🤣

PS. Probably why I like McDermott too.😉

Age doesn't always equate to wisdom, but traditionally it was respected. Nestor in Homer can be a little prolix, but no one ignores his thoughts.

Still voted for Addison. It's not a great draft and I think he starts ahead of Davis. He will get consistently open because of his superior route running. We need that kind of improvement and he doesn't stress the cap the way adding someone like Hopkins would. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Well you basically just clarified why you want a LB. You’re old. Most of the older crowd still thinks defense wins championships when it’s clear that it’s an offensive league now. Mystery solved!

I mean, we don’t have a starting MLB, the player that calls the plays and runs the defense.  I think that’s worth prioritizing 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I mean, we don’t have a starting MLB, the player that calls the plays and runs the defense.  I think that’s worth prioritizing 

Prioritizing in general yes. Positional

value prioritizes WR and OT over LB though. Campbell would have to be decidedly better than Addison or whatever OT. I don’t think specifically the Campbell vs. Addison has a clear cut BPA winner, but imho Addison will be the better pro. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Prioritizing in general yes. Positional

value prioritizes WR and OT over LB though. Campbell would have to be decidedly better than Addison or whatever OT. I don’t think specifically the Campbell vs. Addison has a clear cut BPA winner, but imho Addison will be the better pro. 

I would be okay with them trading up in the second to get their MLB.  There were 3 guys with top 2 round grades.  

I don’t think we can afford to draft a project at the position. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What do you think he needs at WR. Super tall, super fast?  Those are nice to have if you can run great routes and catch the ball.   

Josh needs WRs that can get open and catch the ball.  Addison is, at worst, the 2nd best in this draft class in both regards.

He also needs a RT that isn’t equal to a fat dump.  

While I prefer Addison, I wouldn’t be upset if we decided to take Wright, Jones or Harrison over him.  I just think Addison is a sure thing and would be a great contributor for 5 years.  

don’t hold your breath.  

6'1"+, 4.5~ or less hard to put just measurables. But I do think he needs a outside wr. Not a slot/tweener. I think we already amy have that with Shakir. Not a 1st, but maybe like a Rashee Rice or Tillman? Mid/Later rounds maybe like a Losivas? Just to put some names out there. All need a little work, but I think are better suited for outside. 

I am on board with Wright. I think he would be a great choice. I would consider Jones. Heck, I'd even take a chance on Torrence if push came to shove. I think we would get much more from an improved OL than we would from a wr.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I would be okay with them trading up in the second to get their MLB.  There were 3 guys with top 2 round grades.  

I don’t think we can afford to draft a project at the position. 

I think it’s a bad idea to use your first pick on lower priority position just because there are only 3  LBers worthy of a 1st or 2nd rd pick.  

If taking a MLB with our first pick is the plan, then we better find a way to trade down and get more picks.  Even if we only get a 4th.  If we take a MLB @ 27, I’ll be ill.  Major reach to fill a need at a position where you can find suitable starters for cheap.

this years free agent class, Alex Anzalone got the 2nd richest contract among off hall LBers 3 years. 18.75M, 9 guaranteed.

Lots of solid starters getting paid 2-6M.  

Still available:

Zach Cunningham

Deion Jones

Myles Jack

Cory Littleton

Kyle Van Noy

Neville Hewitt

Kwon Alexander

Jayon Brown

Jarrad Davis

Nick Kwiatkoski

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Age doesn't always equate to wisdom, but traditionally it was respected. Nestor in Homer can be a little prolix, but no one ignores his thoughts.

Still voted for Addison. It's not a great draft and I think he starts ahead of Davis. He will get consistently open because of his superior route running. We need that kind of improvement and he doesn't stress the cap the way adding someone like Hopkins would. 

You're right it doesn't and respect is generally earned. Now, I'm not quite as old as Nestor and I try my best to not be as wordy, but I can sure be that way.🤣

With the way they brought on Shakir or Cook last year, you don't think they would do the same with Addison if they draft him? I'm not on the Hopkins train and I think the draft is the way to go for us at this time.

With the 30th pick in the draft the Eagles select John-Michael Schmitz, Center Minnesota.  

Kelce is most likely retiring after this season. This is our Center for the next decade.  It’s the 2nd most important position on offense and when you have one this quality at pick 30 you do it.   

We know how to build an oline in Philly.  The other guys have gotten expensive to have him on rookie deal with a 5th year option it just makes sense.  

@mannc Lions are on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

6'1"+, 4.5~ or less hard to put just measurables. But I do think he needs a outside wr. Not a slot/tweener. I think we already amy have that with Shakir. Not a 1st, but maybe like a Rashee Rice or Tillman? Mid/Later rounds maybe like a Losivas? Just to put some names out there. All need a little work, but I think are better suited for outside. 

I am on board with Wright. I think he would be a great choice. I would consider Jones. Heck, I'd even take a chance on Torrence if push came to shove. I think we would get much more from an improved OL than we would from a wr.

Addison can play the outside just fine.  He ran a 4.49.  Shakir does run routes like addison.  It’s not even close.  You’re just looking at them physically when you have to look deeper.  It’s a very shallow way of thinking.  Sorry to be so blunt.  The only thing addison has against him is his weight.  

RAS:

Antonio Brown 3.86
Jeudy: 6.7

Tee Higgins 4.13

Hunter Renfrow 2.94

Cooper Kupp 5.0

Adam Humphries 4.19

Robert Woods 3.55

Found those after looking for 2 minutes.  I’m sure there are many more.  Would love to know what Jerry Rice’s RAS score was.  

Just a long winded way to say, I agree to disagree

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

You're right it doesn't and respect is generally earned. Now, I'm not quite as old as Nestor and I try my best to not be as wordy, but I can sure be that way.🤣

With the way they brought on Shakir or Cook last year, you don't think they would do the same with Addison if they draft him? I'm not on the Hopkins train and I think the draft is the way to go for us at this time.

Their propensity is to slow walk rookies. I believe Addison will be clearly one of those ready out of the box wide receivers, so I would hope McDermott would see past his natural instincts and play the kid. And really, those who are clamoring to fill the MLB spot with an early pick must expect a rookie to play in that situation so I surmise the possibility of someone at a different position getting a shot ought to be rendered at least somewhat plausible.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (mannc) are on the clock!!!
12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

With the 30th pick in the draft the Eagles select John-Michael Schmitz, Center Minnesota.  

Kelce is most likely retiring after this season. This is our Center for the next decade.  It’s the 2nd most important position on offense and when you have one this quality at pick 30 you do it.   

We know how to build an oline in Philly.  The other guys have gotten expensive to have him on rookie deal with a 5th year option it just makes sense.  

@mannc Lions are on the clock.  

They drafted Cam Jurgens in the second round last year and actually asked for Kelce’s opinion on who his heir should be and he told them to select Jurgens. Schmitz can probably play all along the interior if needed so can still be useful to them even if Jurgens is the successor.

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

They drafted Cam Jurgens in the second round last year and actually asked for Kelce’s opinion on who his heir should be and he told them to select Jurgens. Schmitz can probably play all along the interior if needed so can still be useful to them even if Jurgens is the successor.

Yea I knew that but he might get moved to RG 

Meaning this Oline will be elite the next 5 plus years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.