TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

his hands are on the smaller side at 8.75inches. But I assume he catches the ball okay. 

I’m of the mind of wanting a wr who either has elite size or elite speed. Addison has a lot going for him but doesn’t have either of those traits. 

You want a WR with elite size?  All time, how many WRs with elite size have turned out to be great?  Maybe 1 out of 100 imo

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think there are ANY true #1s in this class. I think Johnston is the one that has that upside but he has a very low floor. 

I think the more realistic hope is to get a legitimate #2 wr. That may be available in round 2 in Rice, Tillman or Perry. I really like Perry's production, and I think his long stride running has made some people think he's less dynamic that he really is... He reminds me, dare I say, a little bit of James Lofton. 

Edited by Motorin'

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Monstrous OTs scare me.  370 LBs is unnecessary and, imo, shows lack of work ethic.  Millions upon millions of dollars on the line.  Control your weight.  

how many good OTs are 6’7- 350+?

Yeah I don’t like Jones. Especially not here in the first. He’s there in the third? Interesting upside. 

Closest size comps are Orlando Brown and Trent Brown I suppose. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep that’s my cut off to - I see 6’8 and am like “nope.”

I think Ogden was only outlier.  

Trent Brown had his moments too.  But also showed that he was pretty terrible when he wasn’t at his absolute best. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Monstrous OTs scare me.  370 LBs is unnecessary and, imo, shows lack of work ethic.  Millions upon millions of dollars on the line.  Control your weight.  

how many good OTs are 6’7- 350+?

Leonard Davis was a pretty darn good football player.  There aren't many 6'7, 350lb people in the WORLD actually so I'm not surprised there arent many playing RT in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Leonard Davis was a pretty darn good football player.  There aren't many 6'7, 350lb people in the WORLD actually so I'm not surprised there arent many playing RT in the NFL.

Yeah Davis was solid…. But he also played guard.  He didn’t have to worry about the speed rush on the outside. 

There have a been a bunch of mountainous OTs.   They just disappear into the abyss of fats and you forget about them. 

on a more serious note, I hear what you’re saying.  There aren’t a lot of them…. But the fact the fact that there are so few we can name as “good”, gives me much to worry about.   

I’d rather have Harrison, Mauch, Bergeron and possibly Duncan.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

At this spot, if you insist on filling the need at MLB and can't find a trade back partner, I think the pick is Trenton Simpson.

I am opting for Addison. What makes Diggs special is the route running. Addison has the same gene. I don't think he's just average.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You want a WR with elite size?  All time, how many WRs with elite size have turned out to be great?  Maybe 1 out of 100 imo

when is the last time the Bills had a 6’3”+ wr? 

Mike Willams, Tee Higgins, George Pickens are recent wr that come to mind. And of course, all time greats like T.O. and Randy Moss.

Even our Tight End is a little under sized for the position at only 6’4”.

I think the team could benefit from some added length at one of the pass catching positions.

I understand there are plenty of all pro wr’s under 6’3” and we’ve had two in the recent past in Diggs and Cole but that doesn’t mean we should look for size at the position. Would be nice to have at least one guy at Tight End or WR with elite size.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Mike Willams, Tee Higgins, George Pickens are recent wr that come to mind. And of course, all time greats like T.O. and Randy Moss.

I think the team could benefit from some added length at one of the pass catching positions.

I understand there are plenty of all pro wr’s under 6’3” and we’ve had two in the recent past in Diggs and Cole but that doesn’t mean we should look for size at the position. Would be nice to have at least one guy at Tight End or WR with elite size.

I am all for drafting elite speed / size guys. But if you are taking them early they gotta be able to play too.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think it’s very short sighted to look at the WRs and think “I want elite size or elite speed” when the most important attributes are getting open and catching the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

what are your thoughts on Darnell Washington? 

And should the Bills go to a prominent two tight end offense?

I like him.  If he were there in rd 3, I’d run to the podium.  Decent value as a Rd 2 pick.  At the 27th pick, I don’t like it.  

I think he’ll be gone before our pick in rd 2 strictly because he brings an entirely different dimension.  He can change an offense.  

I’m a big believer in 12 personnel and hope that we implement it into our offense.  It creates lots of mismatches in todays nfl with so many teams running nickel as their base.  He would be an asset in the run and pass game.  My only question would be, can Dorsey make the best use of him.  He’s been a believer of 12 personnel in the past. But show me the baby.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock!!!
32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Big receivers also get hurt more often, for some reason

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.