TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Anyone want to help me out and make a best 13 players available list for when the Bills are up?

All positions with top 45 grades besides QB, OLB, DB, and special teams

Torrence

B. Jones

Mayer

Washington

Addison

Flowers

Hyatt

Downs

Rice

Campbell

Sanders

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

But yours won’t include Zay Flowers 😉 

Haha I sent him the top 20 because Flowers is by my board the 20th BPA at this point (which shows you how little I like this class because I don't particularly love Flowers and yet there he is, 20th best remaining).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Torrence

B. Jones

Mayer

Washington

Addison

Flowers

Hyatt

Downs

Rice

Campbell

Sanders

Nice list but if you really meant Broderick Jones he was already taken.

If @Virgil wants 13 names I'd say

WR Addison, Flowers, Hyatt, Downs

TE Meyer, Washington

OL Torrence, Harrison, D. Jones

EDGE N. Smith

LB Sanders, Campbell

I'd throw there RB Gibbs just for fun :)

Some of those will be taken though. So maybe add WR Rice, S Johnson or DL Breese

• Like (+1) 1

With the 24th pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Mazi Smith, DL Michigan

Though it can be argued CB is a bigger need for the Jags, we disagree. Last year, we set up Trevor Lawrence for success by adding Kirk, Zay Jones, Evan Engram and trading for Calvin Ridley. Making sure he succeeded was priority 1. 

Next up we want to make sure our #1 overall pick last year Travon Walker succeeds by putting the biggest freak in the draft next to him. At 323 pounds and nearly 34 inch arms, we feel he can fill the role Arik Armstead and Deforest Buckner did when GM Baalke was making picks for the 49ers. We think Smith has the ability to control multiple blockers and allowing Walker as well as the other Josh Allen to eat one on ones on the outside. Not to mention some ability of his own to get into the backfield with more coaching. And with that DUVAAAAAAL.

The Giants and @Chaosare now on the clock at pick 25. @Virgil

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Anyone want to help me out and make a best 13 players available list for when the Bills are up?

All positions with top 45 grades besides QB, OLB, DB, and special teams

I think 13 is far too many too poll.  I would be better to narrow down to no more than 6. 

OT Harrison, Jones
WR, Addison Hyatt
LB, Sanders Campbell. 

Unless you are having a second poll to narrow the field, you have a far better chance of gaining a consenus with a shorter list. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Chaos said:

I think 13 is far too many too poll.  I would be better to narrow down to no more than 6. 

OT Harrison, Jones
WR, Addison Hyatt
LB, Sanders Campbell. 

Unless you are having a second poll to narrow the field, you have a far better chance of gaining a consenus with a shorter list. 

I start with top 12-15 and narrow it down as the vote goes on 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

Dam you @wppete

good- I don’t want him falling to the jets anyways. 

with the 13th pick, the NY Jets select Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Ohio St.

We don’t plan on repeating what the Packers did for AR.  We’re gonna give him weapons-  

Reuniting Garrett Wilson with the guy he says is better than him.  

Wilson and Lazard on the outside with JSN in the slot.  We feel Lazard is a below average #2 option.  Adding JSN makes Lazard a very good #3 and Hardman a great #4.  Mims as the 5th.  

We strongly considered Broderick Jones and Darnell Wright after losing out on Skoronski, but feel that JSN is as can’t miss as they come.  We love our playmakers.  

Considered Kincaid as well, but we’re happy with Uzomah, Conklin and Ruckert.  

@inaugural balls is on the clock

I have the Jets in a draft on another football board and took JSN as well. The top 12 fell similarly and no trades were allowed in that one. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

With the 24th pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Mazi Smith, DL Michigan

Though it can be argued CB is a bigger need for the Jags, we disagree. Last year, we set up Trevor Lawrence for success by adding Kirk, Zay Jones, Evan Engram and trading for Calvin Ridley. Making sure he succeeded was priority 1. 

Next up we want to make sure our #1 overall pick last year Travon Walker succeeds by putting the biggest freak in the draft next to him. At 323 pounds and nearly 34 inch arms, we feel he can fill the role Arik Armstead and Deforest Buckner did when GM Baalke was making picks for the 49ers. We think Smith has the ability to control multiple blockers and allowing Walker as well as the other Josh Allen to eat one on ones on the outside. Not to mention some ability of his own to get into the backfield with more coaching. And with that DUVAAAAAAL.

The Giants and @Chaosare now on the clock at pick 25. @Virgil

This pick will make McDermott sad.

With the 25th pick in the 2023 NFL draft the NY Giants Select Zay Flowers, WR Boston College

If Flowers doesn’t want you to touch him, chances are you won’t. He has that rare ability to sprint in any direction in the blink of an eye. Get him matched on a linebacker or safety and it’s over.  We spent $160 mm on Danny Dimes.  We are doing everything we can to make that look like a good decision. 

The  Cowboys and @Might Rather are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Nah Mcdemott is gonna want Siaki Ika from his buddy Aranda’s college

Possible. Drafttek has him listed as a probable second rounder. Classic NT. I like that kind of player, though Bernard last year has me irrationally wary of Baylor players.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Addison and Simpson for me.

I would take either one of those. I favor Addison at 27.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cowboys (Might Rather) are on the clock!!!
4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Possible. Drafttek has him listed as a probable second rounder. Classic NT. I like that kind of player, though Bernard last year has me irrationally wary of Baylor players.

I would take either one of those. I favor Addison at 27.

Yea I don’t think they will take Ika at 27 but if Aranda tells McDermott he is a good player and person I think he will be the pick at 59. I know we all want offensive players early - especially me - but with McDermott taking over the defensive play calling I think he is going to want to add a lot of defensive talent to help him succeed.

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I have the Jets in a draft on another football board and took JSN as well. The top 12 fell similarly and no trades were allowed in that one. 

Nice. I think he has the highest floor of all the WRs by a country mile.  No chance he busts imo.  Pairing him with his college teammate adds camaraderie to the locker room.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With the 23rd pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Deonte Banks cb from Georgia 

The Vikings defense was atrocious last year especially on the back end, really wanted a safety here but Banks offers us the ability to play press man due to his size, length and skill set. Should be on the field day one as a starter!

With the 24th pick @LEBills and the Jaguars are on the clock. 

Maryland

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.