TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Flowers is like my worst possible outcome for the Bills. The wind in our stadium might knock him over before a defender even gets near him. 

You're not factoring in the confused wind that the new stadium will provide the 4th year of his rookie deal.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Flowers is like my worst possible outcome for the Bills. The wind in our stadium might knock him over before a defender even gets near him. 

And I think it was @HappyDays who did the arm length comparison. Basically no receiver with arms that short has succeeded in almost forever. A guy that small with arms that short has no chance in press once a DB gets hands on him.

I’ll preface this by saying I think this WR class is underwhelming at the top of the class compared to previous years, most notably last year but…

Zay Flowers passes the eye test more than any WR in the class. His height, arm and hands size are all concerns but the kid is a gamer just like Bryce Young is ar QB. If he was at least 6’ with 32”+ arms and 10”+ hands he’d be the NFL scouts consensus #1 guy in this class imo. 

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/nfl-draft-preview/nfl-draft-wr-rankings-debate-zay-flowers

Read the article about his work ethic and we already know about his athletic ability. “Flowers is still a rocketship, posting a 4.42s 40-yard dash (92nd percentile) and a blinding 1.49s 10-yard split (98th percentile), showcasing his trademark burst. Flowers is the rare sub-190 pound receiver, from a noticeably small 2023 WR class, who can win on the inside or outside

The kid can run the route tree, has amazing separation and after the catch he’s like a human algorithm with finding the most concise route to get the most yards out of every opportunity. I absolutely love this kid but if I were just looking at measurements I could see why many will stay clear.

Past Pro WRs with an arm length of 31.5 or less that produced at least 1 top-12 season:

Greg Jennings 

DeSean Jackson

Pierre Garcon

Mike Wallace (Ole Miss)

Golden Tate

Antonio Brown

Eric Decker

Randall Cobb

Robert Woods

Amari Cooper

Stefon Diggs

Cooper Kupp

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’ll preface this by saying I think this WR class is underwhelming at the top of the class compared to previous years, most notably last year but…

Zay Flowers passes the eye test more than any WR in the class. His height, arm and hands size are all concerns but the kid is a gamer just like Bryce Young is ar QB. If he was at least 6’ with 32”+ arms and 10”+ hands he’d be the NFL scouts consensus #1 guy in this class imo. 

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/nfl-draft-preview/nfl-draft-wr-rankings-debate-zay-flowers

Read the article about his work ethic and we already know about his athletic ability. “Flowers is still a rocketship, posting a 4.42s 40-yard dash (92nd percentile) and a blinding 1.49s 10-yard split (98th percentile), showcasing his trademark burst. Flowers is the rare sub-190 pound receiver, from a noticeably small 2023 WR class, who can win on the inside or outside

The kid can run the route tree, has amazing separation and after the catch he’s like a human algorithm with finding the most concise route to get the most yards out of every opportunity. I absolutely love this kid but if I were just looking at measurements I could see why many will stay clear.

Past Pro WRs with an arm length of 31.5 or less that produced at least 1 top-12 season:

Greg Jennings 

DeSean Jackson

Pierre Garcon

Mike Wallace (Ole Miss)

Golden Tate

Antonio Brown

Eric Decker

Randall Cobb

Robert Woods

Amari Cooper

Stefon Diggs

Cooper Kupp

But this isn't just below 31.5". It is below 29.5". I agree with you about the receiver class generally. I disagree with you vehemently about Flowers. He is small, weak and will be no more than a slot or gimmick player at the next level IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I had two of my 6 "must pick" players left at #17. Jones was the first. Porter was the second. I personally actually have a higher grade on Porter than Jones but the point Pittsburgh's build is at I just think they have to protect Pickett above all else. 

I still wouldn't be shocked if Porter is the first corner to go. We saw this last year where Stingley had kinda been the name for so long but then Sauce was the sexier prospect who all the chatter was about but when it came down to it Stingley went first. 

And I think it was @HappyDays who did the arm length comparison. Basically no receiver with arms that short has succeeded in almost forever. A guy that small with arms that short has no chance in press once a DB gets hands on him.

Flowers is going to be really good…there is no way the Bills take him though.  I just hope he does not end up in KC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

Flowers is going to be really good…there is no way the Bills take him though.  I just hope he does not end up in KC

I don't think he is going to suck. He can play in the league. But I don't think he is going to be really good. I just think the limitations are physical ones that he can't overcome.

The Chargers War Room was a cacophony of opposing views last evening.  The majority wanted to provide help for their young QB but the elephant in the room is that the back end of the defense is atrocious.   The Maryland CB thus had some supportive voices, but the decision was finally made to give Justin Herbert another weapon.

The Las Angeles Chargers select Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah with the 21st mock draft selection in the TSW Mock Draft.   

Mr. Kincaid is a nice route runner with good hands who is a willing blocker for the run game. 

@NeverOutNick for the Baltimore Ravens is now up to bat.

@Virgil 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

The Chargers War Room was a cacophony of opposing views last evening.  The majority wanted to provide help for their young QB but the elephant in the room is that the back end of the defense is atrocious.   The Maryland CB thus had some supportive voices, but the decision was finally made to give Justin Herbert another weapon.

The Las Angeles Chargers select Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah with the 21st mock draft selection in the TSW Mock Draft.   

Mr. Kincaid is a nice route runner with good hands who is a willing blocker for the run game. 

@NeverOutNick for the Baltimore Ravens is now up to bat.

@Virgil 

They really need to shore up their defensive backs. It's a nice pick, though. I wanted him to fall to 27, though I doubt the consensus here would countenance a TE in the first. This is the opposite of the way the Packers drafted for Rodgers and a good thing in that respect.

With the 22nd pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select Iowa’s versatile DL/edge Lukas Van Ness

True to form the ravens take best player available and nab the high motor, super athletic Hawkeye, who can play all across the D line for them and helps fill the void of losing Justin Houston and Calais Campbell this offseason. 

The Vikings and @BigdaddyinOrlando are now on the clock at pick 23

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

With the 22nd pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select Iowa’s versatile DL/edge Lukas Van Ness

True to form the ravens take best player available and nab the high motor, super athletic Hawkeye, who can play all across the D line for them and helps fill the void of losing Justin Houston and Calais Campbell this offseason. 

The Vikings and @BigdaddyinOrlando are now on the clock at pick 23

I don't think the Chargers / CNYfan had time to get off the draft room stage before NeverOutNick ran up there! 😁

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

They really need to shore up their defensive backs. It's a nice pick, though. I wanted him to fall to 27, though I doubt the consensus here would countenance a TE in the first. This is the opposite of the way the Packers drafted for Rodgers and a good thing in that respect.

I love Kincaid too! Flowers and Kincaid are my two favorite pass catchers to just purely watch in this class but I agree I don’t think the Bills take him as he can’t block and the bills like their players to have versatility 

18 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I love Kincaid too! Flowers and Kincaid are my two favorite pass catchers to just purely watch in this class but I agree I don’t think the Bills take him as he can’t block and the bills like their players to have versatility 

Darnell Washington is the best blocking TE by far, but limited catch ability. I do think he's a good RZ target. I don't think he falls to 59, but he would be a good choice there if he did.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’m with you on Wright but Hyatt doesn’t make much sense. He’s basically a one trick pony who takes the top off of the defense. We just got that in Harty and when Davis doesn’t suck he does the same thing. He doesn’t run the route tree very well at all. This isn’t a sexy draft for amazing WRs but I definitely could be talked into Zay Flowers because the dude can do it all as a little guy. Reminds me of Steve Smith back in the day 

Harty is essentially in a 1 year deal and David is also a FA. Beane always talks about YAC yards and Hyatt provides that. He also has a high ceiling and is one of the few guys that can play outside that can go in round 1. 

Diggs is better suited to play inside as he ages. Hyatt needs development but he is a much better fit than Flowers, Downs, and Addison are because they are destined to be slot guys in the NFL.

Im pretty much resigned that the Bills pick will either be WR, TE, OL, or DT. I do not believe that a LB will be drafted if the Bills stay at 27

I do agree with you on the positions that I think the Bills will take in round one because LB and tight end are not Premier position to them. 

I also hate the idea of taking another D lineman early, but because we have no defensive tackles signed for next year it’s still could be a possibility. I just want to protect Josh and get him as many weapons as possible.

Edited by NeverOutNick
Sorry driving

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Vikings (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock!!!

With the 23rd pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Deonte Banks cb from Maryland 

The Vikings defense was atrocious last year especially on the back end, really wanted a safety here but Banks offers us the ability to play press man due to his size, length and skill set. Should be on the field day one as a starter!

With the 24th pick @LEBills and the Jaguars are on the clock. 

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando
  • Like (+1) 2

Anyone want to help me out and make a best 13 players available list for when the Bills are up?

All positions with top 45 grades besides QB, OLB, DB, and special teams

Edited by Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (LEBills) are on the clock!!!
1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I don't think the Chargers / CNYfan had time to get off the draft room stage before NeverOutNick ran up there! 😁

29 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Fastest 40 at the Draft.🤣

I actually made it there first but it wasn't my pick :cry:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.