TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

what are your thoughts on Darnell Washington? 

And should the Bills go to a prominent two tight end offense?

Love the player and the idea. 12 personnel increases uncertainty in the defense. I would be a bit more aggressive than New Era and trade up from 59 to go get him if the price is reasonable. His blocking is really good so it is a sneaky way to help the oline and add a dimension to the offense that is lacking. 

14 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

what are your thoughts on Darnell Washington? 

And should the Bills go to a prominent two tight end offense?

Best blocking tight end in the draft. Not worth a 1st though.

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

@GunnerBill @NewEra or anyone else. What do you see in Addison that makes you think he’s worth taking over trading back for much needed offensive line help?

Runs great routes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Runs great routes.

Just hope he can get separation in the NFL running those routes. JSN is a great route runner too but neither of these guys seem special. But if the bills are just looking for a dependable receiver who doesn’t drop easy catches (cough Davis cough), I guess they can do worse than drafting Addison. Protecting Josh is the #1 priority so hopefully taking Addison gives him that blanket and also doesn’t squander our chances at getting much needed O line help later in this draft 

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Just hope he can get separation in the NFL running those routes. JSN is a great route runner too but neither of these guys seem special. But if the bills are just looking for a dependable receiver who doesn’t drop easy catches (cough Davis cough), I guess they can do worse than drafting Addison. Protecting Josh is the #1 priority so hopefully taking Addison gives him that blanket and also doesn’t squander our chances at getting much needed O line help later in this draft 

As a rule route running translates. I don't think Addison or JSN are special. But I do think they are the two best receivers in this draft.

55 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

@GunnerBill @NewEra or anyone else. What do you see in Addison that makes you think he’s worth taking over trading back for much needed offensive line help?

Simply put.  I see a weaker version of Stefon Diggs.  His footwork and route running stands out to me the most. He has innate understanding of leverage and how to utilize it.  No wasted movement.  Great release packages, change of direction and body control.  4.49 is plenty fast enough when you know how to play WR like addison does.  

Injury risk due to size is the only con I see.  He’s tough to cover.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Simply put.  I see a weaker version of Stefon Diggs.  His footwork and route running stands out to me the most. He has innate understanding of leverage and how to utilize it.  No wasted movement.  Great release packages, change of direction and body control.  4.49 is plenty fast enough when you know how to play WR like addison does.  

Excellent way of describing it.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I agree that protecting Josh is the #1 priority.  If we took Harrison over Addison, I would understand why.  I just see Addison as a 1st rd prospect while the OTs available are more 2nd rd picks.  

Just a hunch- people that don’t like addison haven’t watched enough of him or are generally opposed to drafting smaller players.  I am definitely generally opposed to drafting smaller players due to injury concerns.  But I’ve watched a lot of Addison  and only have the one concern.  

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So a lesser version of a guy that got drafted in the 5th is worth burning a first?  Geez no.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Excellent way if describing it.

Thanks.  It’s such an important trait to have as a WR and generally something that you have or don’t have.  It’s a feel that many players never develop.  He has it in spades and it’s one of the main reasons he’s open so often.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just a hunch- people that don’t like addison haven’t watched enough of him or are generally opposed to drafting smaller players.  I am definitely generally opposed to drafting smaller players due to injury concerns.  But I’ve watched a lot of Addison  and only have the one concern.  

I think I understand where you and the board are on him now. I just think his ceiling is relatively low but if he can be that consistent #2 for Josh it will be a successful pick so Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

Add me to the list of people who look for route running as the number 2 skill that translates and tells you who has a better chance of suceeding.  As dumb as it sounds catching the ball is #1 lol.  I hate body catchers or players with drop problems in college. 

An under rated thing I have grown to not like is players who make contested catches.  If they are making contested catches so much in college it is counted as a strength it says to me they aren't getting open.  If they aren't getting open in college they won't be getting open in the pros.  Which leads me back to route running being so important.

Edited by section122
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So a lesser version of a guy that got drafted in the 5th is worth burning a first?  Geez no.

Yes, I feel a lesser version of a first team all pro WR is worth burning a first on.

word it however you like

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.